User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Ethical dilemma

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I just knew what had to be done, and I didn't even regret doing it, I was a machine -- cool, collected and entirely adamant.

So just be careful; if you do "trigger" your friend, something will happen and it's out of your control.
    That's a good example, but the depth really depends on the person. Breaking off a friendship is the tip of the iceberg of what can happen when that frame of mind happens.

I only bring this up because I know that in my own past, any concept of someone manipulating and trapping me can cause very destructive situations. The situation his friend is in could make him less stable, and given the possible ramifications of law/etc... yah. Worth taking note of

MBTI
    ENTP

I dunno Edahn, I think that's maybe all a bit too subtle for him...

Ha, I was just thinking, the only thing C's told us about her life in the USA is that she was apparently, an accountant. An immediate rat was smelled when we sat down to play Scrabble and she not only objected to me keeping scores and continuously checked up on me to make sure I wasn't cheating her out of points, but she then insisted on taking over the score-keeping herself.... and had to get a calculator out of her bag. A calculator. For simple addition of double figure numbers. An accountant. Right.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    A calculator. For simple addition of double figure numbers. An accountant. Right.
    My dad is an accountant and does that - and my wife is in training to do one, and does that. FWIW

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    It's dangerous to assume things like this.
    Well, he is ISTP and I'm ISTJ and if we are even a little the same it would be safe to say that he is hanging in there for the sake of doing the 'right thing' and not wanting to dissapoint anyone involved. I have held on to bad frienships just because it's "not nice" to diss someone or turn your back on them. BUT THEY WERE NO-GOOD PEOPLE. And then you really do need someone to remind you that you don't have to carry everyone and their burdens.
    It's sounds a bit lame, I know, but that's how it goes.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    it would be safe to say that he is hanging in there for the sake of doing the 'right thing' and not wanting to dissapoint anyone involved.
    It would be safe to say that if you knew him and he had a history of such behavior, but you can't assert such things if you don't know the person.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Well, he is ISTP and I'm ISTJ and if we are even a little the same it would be safe to say that he is hanging in there for the sake of doing the 'right thing' and not wanting to dissapoint anyone involved.
    That's not the typical ISTP mindset. In this regard, ISTJ and ISTP have nothing in common.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    It would be safe to say that if you knew him and he had a history of such behavior, but you can't assert such things if you don't know the person.
    Okayyyy, I gave my two cents, like everyone else.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTP

Okayyyy, I gave my two cents, like everyone else.
    FWIW, I agree with you I have that tendency too, and I'm pretty strongly P. I think it's just the concept that we can be responsible too that people scoff at. It really just depends on the ISTP, but what you say certainly reflects my own past.

But you probably still don't want to depend on me to be there on time I have my limits on responsibility!

MBTI
    INFP

Sorry Bella, didn't mean to make you feel shouted down.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, he is ISTP and I'm ISTJ and if we are even a little the same it would be safe to say that he is hanging in there for the sake of doing the 'right thing' and not wanting to dissapoint anyone involved.
    Yeah, regardless of type usually there is some of that in everyone.

Although I think ISTPs (Ti) tend to be less like that and ISTJs (Si) are more like that. The former likes to do what "makes general sense" while the latter is more likely to base their sense of what should be done based on past experience and expectation.

I have held on to bad frienships just because it's "not nice" to diss someone or turn your back on them. BUT THEY WERE NO-GOOD PEOPLE. And then you really do need someone to remind you that you don't have to carry everyone and their burdens.
    I totally agree, and it does not help that even when I've made a "rational decision" to cut someone loose, emotionally I know I sometimes STILL feel guilty and like I let myself or others down because I ended things.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft