User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NTs: Most hated type?

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Just curious, are you still upset at the time when a couple of the members pointed out that you seemed to be a feeler instead of a T? Or was it just Bluewing, I can't recall. I am just curious and mean nothing by this, so please don't be offended by my curiousity.
    Well first of all, at this point it's not really one time, it's more like a constant discussion involving a number of people. Those discussions are the inspiration of this running gag of mine, to suddenly accuse people of being Feelers on dubious grounds.

I don't how much I'm drive by hurt feelings, but I know I am driven by an increasing doubt in the entire MBTI's soundness, which has resulted from the way those conversations about type have gone. It seems that without authoratative definitions of the processes, no clear measurement of process use or establishment of how much is needed to be of a certain type, and no reliable method of surmising those measurements even if they were defined, it seems pointless. You can basically make a compelling case that anyone is any type you want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Not sure how you surmised this position, but no biggie.

Why would making me a "Feeler" be an insult?

Grow up, kiddo.
    I don't think Feeler is an insult. I also don't actually think you are a Feeler. I was being facetious, perhaps playing a little too straight.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Why would anyone hate a type?
    Everyone so serious. I guess I meant hate in a very light-hearted fashion. Like don't you hate traffic.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

I've been living with one for 29 years and I still can't stand him. He's flighty, abrasive, undisciplined and a complete pain in the ass. I can't talk or relate to him, constantly shifting from one thing to the next, leaving nothing but unfinished projects and ideas littered throughout his life, a virtual swath of failure.

Then we get into his fixations. It's not enough to do something - it consumes him. Nothing can tear him away from his latest fixation. Certainly not friends or family. Consider yourself lucky is hunger makes him realise it, but that's a hope - a faint hope - considering that it can be days at a time.

And stubborn. Independent is a nice trait until you actually need to work with them. Then it turns to an unmovable mountain, a weight so heavy that no amount of force can move it. Try, and you are cast down into the abyss, no longer worthy of consideration.

Are you serious...? I'm getting outta here.

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

none of em. as any type, everyone has their flaws, regardless of type.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

I never hate types, but I can hate a person over time. But it is never related to their type.

And even then hate is a strong word. Even some Ex's I've had with bad break ups, while I had hate for awhile, it recovers and then I no longer feel that way. Usually I find it as a positive experience.

If someone goes against my values STRONGLY, there can be a growth of disdain (laziness at others expense for example).

3w2 so

cant love, therefore cant hate, but I can drink 3 beer under 2 minutes
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Everyone so serious. I guess I meant hate in a very light-hearted fashion. Like don't you hate traffic.
    I think the problem is the ones who object to hating a type can't conceive of hating something if you don't hate it with the innermost core of your being and want it to suffer and die with a terrible vengeance, like Fs or Js.
    Speaking of whom....
    I don't wanna!

Then you should define hate. I personally don't see the point, too much wasted effort. Now fans of particular sports teams...that's an entirely different animal.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar

I hate INFJs. My God those people are so annoying and philosophical and the letters in that order just annoy me.
    </playful sarcasm>