First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post

• INTP - Knows everything.

My opinion, of course. Your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    INTP - knowitall
    This seems off to me. I never felt at ease in anything that other people think that I might have a great understanding of. And then there are all of the things that I know that I have NO understanding of.

MBTI
    INTP

I think people mistake the postulating and questioning combined with the willingness to voice your opinion as a symbolization of you believing that you are in fact an authority figure on what seems like every topic. I don't think people can really envision your internal state and look beyond your statements and understand that it is more removing your self doubts so you can proceed.

I think when I'm in conversations with my dad(INTJ) the difference in perceived "knowitall-ness" is much more pronounced. He, and I presume INTJ's in general have this knack for venturing their opinions with an absurd amount of certainty along with an inability to leave room for questions, or worse off take them into consideration. I on the other hand sort of systematically try and remove doubt and uncertainty to move to a higher level of clarity which often times paints a picture of me as a dismissive, critical bastard who squelches other peoples ideas and only values my own ideas.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I don't think people can really envision your internal state and look beyond your statements and understand that it is more removing your self doubts so you can proceed.
    Okay, I do this too when I am trying to learn from others. Kind of like playing devil's advocate. But the first situation that popped in my mind is how it scares me that I am considered a lead (or subject matter expert) in something at work when I feel that I have only scratched the surface of knowing anything at all. I feel like the opposite of a knowitall. I am a knowjustenoughtobedangerous. Yeah, that doesn't have the same ring to it.

MBTI
    INTP

Mhmm. I understand what you mean totally, but the thing is on the outside people can't really see that. I'm no professional or expert but I still do get the constant advice seeking from others and I always feel like shit theres so much I don't know, I could know so much more, theres a lot that I'm in the process of learning and it just comes out as "well, yeah but have you looked at this, or no theres no way, or if you only knew, that can't be right, from my understanding..etc"
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP

Ok, so that is when people come to you for help. How is it perceived negatively (or annoying to refer back to the op)? Just providing other avenues would be considered by others as a knowitall?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What's your test sample? Two of each? I'm proud to totally fuck the mean up for you.
    Pfff, you are totally an outlier, and hence fuck up nothing!!!

ENFPs, (in general), DO NOT write long-winded posts.

Many INTPs and INFJs do, however.

It really comes down to Ti vs. Te and how that manifests in styles of written communication.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

Yeahh, you would be surprised there are a lot of arbitrary judgments that people make. Especially if you are genuinely curious about a lot of things, if it seems like you always comment on a number of different topics that are outside of your realm or comfort zone.

People have a lot of attachment to their opinions so when you revert to your self doubting, questioning nature people take it as you just wanting to prove you know more or are better by providing "other avenues" especially when you aren't taking the lead in implementing. I think sometimes you have to disguise it in humor or make it more lighthearted or you will increase your chances as being perceived as a knowitall.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    ENFPs, (in general), DO NOT write long-winded posts.
    ENFPs are very conversational if you care to notice, and this means post length is longer than average.

Are you thinking of BlueWing when you think of INTPs? Because these things are, in my mind, probably mutually exclusive.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    INTJ: Can't tell when they're joking
    INTP: Can tell when they're joking, but it's depressing to watch them try
    ENTP: Can't tell when they're not joking
    YES. You've nailed it. Thread's over.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post