User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    type

Default Berens' comments on NTs and conflict

From the On A Team section here.

Based on this stuff, it seems to me a lot of INTXs here might really be repressed or shy ENTXs.

How INTPs Deal with Conflict
    The disruption that comes from team conflict keeps them from thinking clearly, so they avoid confrontation unless it is absolutely necessary. They might avoid conflict for too long, hoping it will go away. While they like a lively debate of ideas, when it becomes personal they can become noncommunicative until they can see a way to work with the conflict to resolve it.
    How ENTPs Deal with Conflict
    It may appear that they like conflict since they often engage in rather heated discussions to bring clarity and a more comprehensive understanding to the issues. When a conflict occurs, they will try to keep the conversation going and reframe what is going on, often commenting on the conversation and the direction it is taking. This can be misperceived as manipulative when it is really intended to keep things moving in a positive direction by working through conflict to get to an agreement.
    How INTJs Deal with Conflict
    When interpersonal conflict occurs, they will usually withdraw or move on. They want discussions to be calm and reasoned, and highly charged interactions often leave them feeling in complete doubt about what's happening. Relationships with even occasional improvement will be continued, but if they see no progress they will give up, learn from the experience, and move on. When a conflict of vision occurs, they can be stubborn about their own point of view and forge ahead.
    How ENTJs Deal with Conflict
    Conflict for them is yet one more factor to be managed in order to accomplish the goals of the team. They want to take a reasoned approach with little show of emotion. Their first response is to push back and when that doesn't work, they find a way to work around whatever the obstacles to agreement are. They are often seen as more single-solution focused than they actually are and are likely to welcome a good argument. They don't, however, want to waste time covering ground that has already been covered.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    From the On A Team section here.

Based on this stuff, it seems to me a lot of INTXs here might really be repressed or shy ENTXs.
    The INTJ stuff is right on that is how I handle conflict I just ignore the other person and write them off if no progress is made.
    Question everything especially yourself.

Opivy1980

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Opivy1980 View Post
    The INTJ stuff is right on that is how I handle conflict I just ignore the other person and write them off if no progress is made.
    I concur...once again!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I strongly identify with the INTP description.

And the ENTP description fits much with my "arguments" with ENTPs -- even the parts I find frustrating (like the "manipulative" part... for a long time, I just didn't understand what was going on, they just seemed purposefully argumentative).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if I am an Extravert -- a lot of people who don't know me often think I'm extroverted, because I act goofy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if I am an Extravert -- a lot of people who don't know me often think I'm extroverted, because I act goofy.
    ENTJ = Goofy

Oh yes, I hear that all the time.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ENTJ = Goofy

Oh yes, I hear that all the time.
    Actually, I'm thinking people perceive me more as an ENTP.

On the other hand, I seem shallow to other people -- probably because I don't normally express anything beyond "goofiness," often because most people don't share and don't care about my interests.

MBTI
    INTJ

<raising hand> That would be me. How 'bout how all the types handle conflict?

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Actually, I'm thinking people perceive me more as an ENTP.
    Oh. Okay, they're goofy!

I can definitely see that more, the way you joke.

On the other hand, I seem shallow to other people -- probably because I don't normally express anything beyond "goofiness."
    Do you mean in real life or here on the forums?

(You can resolve the forum issue, just post longer essays.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh. Okay, they're goofy!

I can definitely see that more, the way you joke.

Do you mean in real life or here on the forums?

(You can resolve the forum issue, just post longer essays.)
    Real life, of course!

I have no problem writing things down, though!

And you may not realize it yet, but my logic is perfect! My mom's ENTP boyfriend even said so!