• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why are all the NFs jealous of the NTs?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, but they often don't even realize they are being manipulative! It can make them so much more effective at it. I mean, for an NF manipulation is such an in-born trait it's the rare NF that understands how present it is.

lucky for us, we're impervious to it.

Even pointing out there is subtext won't magically enable people to get it.

no, but it's fun knowing that pointing out that there is one will cause some to try to find it... and fail.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lucky for us, we're impervious to it.

You might be, but I still fall for it sometimes.

no, but it's fun knowing that pointing out that there is one will cause some to try to find it... and fail.

Yes!

Thanks for the additional layer you added by responding to my post.

NFs are jealous they didn't feel think of this first.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
*puts on NF hat*
but do you know what you feel? That is what is important here.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
^ sweet.

---
. . . Because we don't come undone and let hidden nastiness slip when our less than stellar qualities are commented on. We take our evil away from the fluffy clouds and embrace it.

SKiNDiVeR

MBTI Type
eNTP
Because we understand things, instead of simply "liking" or "disliking" them.

Precisely because we DON'T need the approval of others.

Because we are good at rationalizing bullshit. :)

Whereas they prefer to bullshit the facts if they don't like them.

Jealous of the NT, no. Misunderstanding the NT, absolutely.

An NT's dispassionate deconstruction of an NF "argument" often makes the NF feel bad. So the NT has to preface the deconstruction with disclaimers and caveats and apologies. It's just not worth it half the time. And it sucks receiving a response laden with emotion to a matter-of-fact post. The argument falls apart because both people are coming from different places, and it devolves into "that NT is a jackass" and "that NF is an emo idiot."

If you're a borderline ENTP like me, you end up actually telling the NF you think s/he is an emo idiot. This does not do much to achieve the peace that, especially, the ENFP so desires.

I'm blaming the NF too much, and I don't mean to. It's just that we have fundamentally different communication styles - I think that's where NT and NF discussions have a tendency to break down.

I'll have to think about it some more.

Because no one's ever really sure whether or not we're serious. :devil:

Because we don't give a shit about your emotional health/maturity.

We can watch how bad things are for the Third World without starting to weep.

Because we don't stop fighting because we are emotionally exhausted or guilty, but because we just got a bit bored.

. . . Because we don't come undone and let hidden nastiness slip when our less than stellar qualities are commented on. We take our evil away from the fluffy clouds and embrace it.

QFT.

Because self deprecating humor with a hint of truth is lol funny, and what other group could do it better? :nice:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Notice how we only now get an appreciation thread, weeks after our "NF love" thread was started?

Damn, NTs even pwn NFs at appreciation!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, and their's is a half-assed appreciation thread because it is about what they hate, too. So . . . We pwn em at niceness. :shock: :tongue:

Also notice that within the first hour of our thread there were multiple responses by multiple people. They managed exactly... one response.

NTs: Making NFs Redundant Since 2008.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Also notice that within the first hour of our thread there were multiple responses by multiple people. They managed exactly... one response.

NTs: Making NFs Redundant Since 2008.

while you are funny, and i did laugh at that, i gotta tell ya. being someone that's so wrapped up in an internet forum that he noticed such a small detail seems like it'd be more embarrassing than being a little redundant.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
while you are funny, and i did laugh at that, i gotta tell ya. being someone that's so wrapped up in an internet forum that he noticed such a small detail seems like it'd be more embarrassing than being a little redundant.

:glasses:

(I actually went and looked it up before that post, I was curious at the NT thread response in light of that slow NF one)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
well, as long as you didn't notice any small details.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:worthy:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sometimes it happens!

Sometimes I finally notice a post directed at me days later. :blush:

me too. i think we should take a moment to point out that this has nothing to do with T.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
we're just THAT cool

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Because NFs don't really exist. The world and all of existence are just psychosomatic responses from the minds of NTs.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
Because we don't cry during debates, unless out of laughter at the NF thinking their feelings count as evidence.

Also, because NT men are REAL men, NT women are REAL women, and NT furry creatures from alpha centauri are REAL furry creatures from alpha centauri.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Because NFs don't really exist. The world and all of existence are just psychosomatic responses from the minds of NTs.

Yeah, ENTJ as gods could explain all those horrible death \ sicknesses \ suffering.

I'd go for mental asylums and mad creative 'eureka'ish' outbursts concerning my own kind

And because I didnt forget our little INTP friends: u dont want me to get started on autism (and knowledge, I'll give you that much)