User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Warren Buffet displays a overactive sense of humor like an ENxP would. I'm not talking about having a sense of humor that you keep to yourself, lol. Warren Buffet acts like an ENxP, because he's an ENTP. It's not just that he tells an occasional joke. He was making jokes the whole time spontaneously...like an ENTP.
    ENTPs aren't the only type with an overactive sense of humor; anyone who frequents comedy movies or goes around quoting Monty Python could qualify for that. As for the constant jokes throughout the interview it's rather difficult to predict Introversion or Extroversion based on that one factor and almost impossible to predict an exact type from it. Introverts are notorious for speaking as much as Extroverts do within the presence of friends or under certain conditions. In this case it was an interview in which speaking was the main objective.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I really doubt that he was an NT.
    If you watch his biography he absolutely seems intj. The public persona was all an act.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

common theme:

The ENTP invents it (apple, Tesla)
    The ENTJ steals it, makes it better, and then sells it (Edison, Gates)

Bill Gates stole an idea, and then used his inner bully to force a monopoly. Microsoft has NEVER been about innovation. They have always been about securing their market by bullying out competitors.

I see apple and Steve Jobs as the more ENTP company.

I have read in numerous places that Buffet was an ISTJ. I see no reason to think otherwise:

-he is frugal, risk averse, and is not some crazy entrepreneurial risk taker.
    -my grandpa is an ISTJ who has lots of funny sayings (that get really old). If you met him for the first time, like in an interview, you would think he was hilarious too.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

Stanley Kubrick, INTJ
    I always thought Kubrick to be an INTP. He went to ridiculous lengths for his research - the kind of drive that only INTPs thirst for trivial knowledge can justify. And his directing style involved showing up at the set and taking an enormous amount of takes, which can be explained with the fact that he had a general idea of what he wanted, and then played by ear until he got it right (hence P). An INTJ director would a lot more precise with his execution.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I always thought Kubrick to be an INTP. He went to ridiculous lengths for his research - the kind of drive that only INTPs thirst for trivial knowledge can justify. And his directing style involved showing up at the set and taking an enormous amount of takes, which can be explained with the fact that he had a general idea of what he wanted, and then played by ear until he got it right (hence P). An INTJ director would a lot more precise with his execution.
    No...Kubrick is an intj. Molded cinema to his sensibilities. I have studied him extensively...true embodiment of a mastermind. INTPs dont put conceptual ideas in motion with such linear conviction. There is a common tone that is undisrupted regardless of topic or premise throughout his body of work. He did so many take because he knew what he was looking for... a deliberate result. He was the quintessential "does it work/make it work' director.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Kubrick isn't INTP. I've thought INTJ or ENTP from time to time. One of my favorite filmmakers. He can do no wrong in my eyes.

MBTI
    INTJ

What do you guys figure made Kubrick an INTJ (as opposed to INTP)?

I'm curious to know.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    What do you guys figure made Kubrick an INTJ (as opposed to INTP)?

I'm curious to know.
    Deliberate action.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    Deliberate action.
    I don't know, he never struck me as "deliberate". There was no consistency in the way he made movies (it ranged from every two years to once a decade) and he had various unfinished projects that he researched in depth but never brought to life (like Napoleon and A.I.).

And he also had that shaggy INTP look to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    common theme:

The ENTP invents it (apple, Tesla)
    The ENTJ steals it, makes it better, and then sells it (Edison, Gates)

Bill Gates stole an idea, and then used his inner bully to force a monopoly. Microsoft has NEVER been about innovation. They have always been about securing their market by bullying out competitors.

I see apple and Steve Jobs as the more ENTP company.
    No sir, i disagree with this.

Steve Jobs has a strong J tendency in him, he got misclassed as an ENTP because innovation is often confused with entpism. If I were to classify Jobs, i woulf say he is an entj with a strong N. Apple has a very strong Ni vibe. And steve often trust his own ideas and shoot down ideas that are not his own, A very Ni thing. Whereareas Ne would trust and be open with anyone's ideas and steal them if necessary.

And steve is a perfectionist, ENTP's are not bery perfectionistic.

If i were to name an ENTp company, it would be google.