• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Famous historical NT's

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How many people have entertained the notion that Nietzsche was an F?

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Sorry for the late response time; I’ve been kept busy throughout the week so I haven’t had time to browse.

I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say that Edison was more of a calculating person than Tesla. Quite the contrary, as previously mentioned, Edison spent virtually no time with calculations before he began building--he would simply go ahead and tinker around with mechanics. Tesla, on the other hand, made sure to visualize a model and perform all of the mathematical calculations before he began working.
As far as their methods of invention goes Tesla was by far the more economic one while Edison basically relied on trial and error experiments. In sheer business practice, however, it would be difficult to find a scientist more calculated than Edison. His promotion of the electric chair not only helped to put both Tesla and Westinghouse in the gutter for the next half century but also allowed him to sell a ‘to recently’ much used product to the U.S. government.

There is nothing particularly N about him. Unlike Tesla, who would construct vivid mental models of his inventions, Edison was a very trial-and-error, hands-on person.
Edison actually had many traits that were more eccentric than those of Tesla. He certainly didn’t seem to have any great connection to his surroundings nor did any of his personal habits apply closely to the norm (Si). In terms of personal hygiene and outer focus, Tesla once remarked that Edison was an absolute slob who if not for the concern of his wife, “would’ve died many years ago from consequence of sheer neglect”. ESTJs and Guardians in general tend to care a good deal more about a sense of orderliness and would certainly seem more concerned to take care of their daily needs. From a larger perspective, Edison’s inventions shook things up too much to be supported by secondary Si, which generally seeks to adapt to or preserve the current circumstances; Edison sought to change them, which seems more xNTJ.
Note: The way you described Edison’s method makes it sound a lot like Se.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say that Edison was more of a calculating person than Tesla.
I assume what was meant is that Edison was more of a businessman, which is very true. He was a conniving son of a gun, and tried to screw Tesla over at any opportunity. [See LunarMoon's post]

If you look at the most popular Edison inventions vs. those of Tesla, you'll see that Edison's were about to be invented by someone else, not long after Edison actually did. Many of Tesla's ideas are still hardly understood--he defined the word genius.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Edison actually had many traits that were more eccentric than those of Tesla. He certainly didn’t seem to have any great connection to his surroundings nor did any of his personal habits apply closely to the norm (Si). In terms of personal hygiene and outer focus, Tesla once remarked that Edison was an absolute slob who if not for the concern of his wife, “would’ve died many years ago from consequence of sheer neglect”. ESTJs and Guardians in general tend to care a good deal more about a sense of orderliness and would certainly seem more concerned to take care of their daily needs. From a larger perspective, Edison’s inventions shook things up too much to be supported by secondary Si, which generally seeks to adapt to or preserve the current circumstances; Edison sought to change them, which seems more xNTJ.
Note: The way you described Edison’s method makes it sound a lot like Se.

Heh this description of Edison fits ENTP perfectly. ExxJ and slob don't really go together. xNTP and slob on the other hand go together pretty consistently. :blush:

Tesla on the other hand was an INTJ. He was unmatched in his understanding of electro-magnetism, and most of his inventions were related to that field. Edison on the other hand had patents from all sorts of different things. That is a pretty typical contrast of INTJ and ENTP. Both have intution as the dominant function, but one displays depth while the other displays breadth.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Keirsey says Edison's ENTP. I never doubted it. (And Joe Butt/Marina Margaret Heiss)

Turkish_Cats

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, I have read his Parerga Paralipomena. It is a 1200 page collection of essays. Some of them reflect a tough-minded perspective, others a value driven.

His idea of genius was as follows. The intellect takes primacy over the passions. We become a weight-less mirror of the world.

This idea is more likely to have been conjured by an NT than an NF. However, other ideas of Schopenhauer suggest otherwise. For example, he maintained that the arts are more efficient than the sciences in acquisition of genius is one.

The other is where he states that the deepest thoughts come from the heart.

I want to quote Mr.Überführer’s word to express my views:
INTJs are primarily guided by insight and imagination, and they use the tools of the outer world to express that insight (Ni-Te axis). The INTJ is more concerned with controlling the external world to fit his/her own vision of how things should be. Contrary to popular belief, the INTJ is not a logical type, but since they use Te instead of Ti, they are more interested in usefulness.
The INTJ is more interested in a preconceived goal crafted by Ni and manipulating the outer world with Te to match the Ni vision.
(http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/6586-how-intjs-different-intps.html)
In fact, Schopenhauer’s genius seems to be genius of Ni,not genius of Ti.

His pessimism appears to be altogether unfounded, and many of his followers are better known for having an emotional conversion to Schopenhauerianism than the intellectual. His opinion on women, the worthlesness of human life, and the need for a self-denying lifestyle are expressed with great conviction, yet not much is propounded by way of solid logical arguments in favor of this cause.

As we see, his argument to support this is metaphysical. Namely that the Will is always restless and blind. Suffocates the mind's peace. That is of course true, but does not provide any sound reason for us to believe that we will never have the inner peace. As Schopenhauer does not specify to what extent the Will is restless and to what extent is must be pacified in order for inner peace to take hold. He fills in the gap in his argument with a value-based assertion. So is the case for many of his ideas.

However, in order to clearly understand Schopenhauer's type, we must first of all focus on his biography.

There we find that he was an emotional boy who was deeply hurt by his mother's rejection of him, and that played a very significant role in how he has come to see the world. His opinion of women and profound pessimism without a doubt are rooted in this. When we review how he has attempted to deal with this matter, we see his true natural predilections manifest. He emotionalized the situation, he did not sit back to detach or react with anger. Much unlike Nietzsche who was forced to deal with the family who never understood him.

In my opinion,his mother Johanna Schopenhauer is only a reason to his opinion of women and profound pessimism.From Arthur and Johanna’s dialogue.We can see that Arthur Schopenhauer seemed to be a serious man, Johanna hate her son because of his personality.From Johanna ‘s description of Arthur, Arthur is more like an INTJ. Johanna seemed to be a extraverted feeling woman.In Arthur Schopenhauer’s age,most women were lack of education.Of course, good education didn’t mean wisdom.Arthur Schopenhauer’s description of women seems reflect some shortcomings of women. Arthur Schopenhauer seem to born with profound pessimism,he is always solitude and pessimistic. INFJ’s auxiliary function is extraverted feeling, Schopenhauer seemed to be an introverted feeling man.

He enjoyed entertaining people at a restaurant nearly every night, and his direct reaction to the emotional feedback he has received from his audience could not have been any more clear-cut. He clearly fed off their feelings more than of their thoughts. He was remembered by most of his listeners for how he was able to present his thoughts on German culture and politics in a way that was interesting to nearly all of his listeners.

Such attunement with the audience is quite uncommon among INTJs and often paralleled only be ENFPs who have a broad view of the person-centered situation yet retain enough of the Thinking essence to properly structure their presentation.

Some INTJs are great conversationalists,and they always try to let their audiences to understand their views.

I want to quote Mr. Haphazard’s word to express my views:
Correction: An immature INTJ will only be open to their own ideas and will throw away the ideas of others without consideration, saying that "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!"

A mature INTJ will hear you out, consider all the options and all the angles, and then tell you "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!"

I think what you're mistaking for myopicness is just be their arguing style. Theirs is right, yours is wrong, until you can prove it to them otherwise. It's a challenge to you rather than closemindedness.

Schopenhauer implicitly longed for approbation with great intensity and his rancor against Hegel and the professors of philosophy is one example of this. He was chiefly upset with the fact that Hegel held a very prestigious position at an elite university. He was merely jealous.

He may be jealous,but the most important reason that he hate Hegal maybe that he really thought Hegel’s philosophy are not usefulness to human beings. I think Hegel may be an INTP.

It should also be noted that just like Bryan Magee, perhaps his most well known popularizer Schopenhauer did not see intellectual pursuits as the most important thing in life. As his earlier proposition that the arts conduce more to the perfection of the intellect than the sciences seem to suggest. He first and foremost loved art, and was one of the most frequent visitors to the theatre in his town. He endorsed many superstitions which he has inherited from the Eastern Religious dogmatists which he hardly bothered to subject to critical analysis, must have assumed them to be his sacred values. Many of the absurdities in his Magnus Opus seem to reflect this. He has presented them as gospel not by virtue of sound argument, but through forcefulness of conviction. Bertrand Russell reports that Schopenhauer claimed that several passages in his World as Will and Representation were written by the Holy Spirit, as well as that he has endorsed black magic.
I would be hardly surprised to find confirmation for that claim of Russell's. I remember Schopenhauer employing the following phrase 'whoever doubts the integrity of **this practice** should be called not a skeptic but not ignoramus'. I do not remember what this practice was, but it was clearly along the lines of some hocus pocus akin to alchemy.

May it be “writting by subconsciousness”? To Jung’s opinion, While Nietzsche is writting Thus Spake Zarathustra,his subconsciousness instead of consciousness and help him to write. Jung also can do this. The ability relate to Ni,not feeling.
(I think Russell must be an INTP.)

His favorite reading was literature and had mastered 7 languages. Fine arts, literature and foreign language are clearly closer linked with Feeling rather than thinking and it is not at all surprising that INFPs report the easiest time with learning foreign languages and are over-represented in that department.

That’s no doubt that Schopenhauer had an gift for language.Schopenhauer seems interested in many things.His university studies in Göttingen and Berlin included courses in physics, psychology, astronomy, zoology, archaeology, physiology, history, literature and poetry.He like Descartes and put a portrait-painting of Descartes on the wall of his room.

Schopenhauer was a value driven individual. From the time he switched residence because he 'HATED' fighting to how he clung to his pessimism, mysogyny and superstitions concerning spirituality. Most of which he seemingly refused to subject to dispassionate philosophical scrutiny.

His philosophy was thoroughly imbued in his personality and was for the most part an instrument to appease his values at the expense of intellectual integrity. For this reason many of his ridiculous superstitions and values he acquired as a result of his upbringing were not renounced no matter how scholarly he became.

-------------------------------------------------------

I have much to say,but I'm afraid that now I have a little difficultness in English.I can't communicate my ideas clearly.

INFJ:
Dominant Introverted Intuition (Ni)
Auxiliary Extraverted Feeling (Fe)
Tertiary Introverted Thinking (Ti)
Inferior Extraverted Sensing (Se)

INTJ:
Dominant Introverted Intuition (Ni)
Auxiliary Extraverted Thinking (Te)
Tertiary Introverted Feeling (Fi)
Inferior Extraverted Sensing(Se)

Last edited:

persianeyes

MBTI Type
INFP
I am sorry but no.

If this man believed in efficiency, he would not have his religion kill so many amongst itself and abroad, and Islamic society would be far more advanced than it is today if it really followed an ENTJ.

I believe that anyone that's a religious nutcase is automatically disqualified from being a T. The key part about us rationals is that we think of how to improve systems and make them more efficient, not just believe some invisible man will do it.

Those who follow ENTJs are, or become NTs themselves. You just have to look at the result of Mohammed's work to see that he was anything but an NT.

Or so I believe.

You have no right to insult a religious figure and anothers beliefs in such a rude and ignorant way..
If you don't believe Prophet Mohammad is an ENTJ all you have to do is say so.. not give a huge idiotic speach about what you think about him.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Heh this description of Edison fits ENTP perfectly. ExxJ and slob don't really go together. xNTP and slob on the other hand go together pretty consistently. :blush:

Tesla on the other hand was an INTJ. He was unmatched in his understanding of electro-magnetism, and most of his inventions were related to that field. Edison on the other hand had patents from all sorts of different things. That is a pretty typical contrast of INTJ and ENTP. Both have intution as the dominant function, but one displays depth while the other displays breadth.
There's actually a far larger chance that Edison was an ESTJ than an ENTP. As I said in my first post (please read), many of the disputes between Edison and Tesla resulted because he was willing to throw out inventions that wouldn't sale despite their value to research. He was also a shrewd, calculated businessman who played the market more effectively than most entrepreneurs do today, closing down factories that were inefficient and carefully taking steps to publicize his name. All of these traits points to a dominant judging personality and the second trait specifically points to a dominant Thinker personality. If Edison was an ENTP then the two scientists wouldn't have even disliked each other and history would've turned out very differently. Messiness, as I explained in my second post is an Intuitive trait, not specifically that of a Perceiver . It results largely from the Intuitive's disconnection from the external environment. Judging is one of my most prominent functions yet I'm still a good deal messier than most artists. As for Tesla, the chance of an INTJ doing what he did, riskily arriving from a foreign country to New York City with less than five dollars as one's personal possessions, is exceedingly small. INTJ's tend to have more of a fool-proof plan than this and if that was indeed his personality type, he probably would've responded to Edison's jabs at him in a more active manner.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
There's actually a far larger chance that Edison was an ESTJ than an ENTP. As I said in my first post (please read), many of the disputes between Edison and Tesla resulted because he was willing to throw out inventions that wouldn't sale despite their value to research. He was also a shrewd, calculated businessman who played the market more effectively than most entrepreneurs do today, closing down factories that were inefficient and carefully taking steps to publicize his name. All of these traits points to a dominant judging personality and the second trait specifically points to a dominant Thinker personality. If Edison was an ENTP then the two scientists wouldn't have even disliked each other and history would've turned out very differently. Messiness, as I explained in my second post is an Intuitive trait, not specifically that of a Perceiver . It results largely from the Intuitive's disconnection from the external environment. Judging is one of my most prominent functions yet I'm still a good deal messier than most artists. As for Tesla, the chance of an INTJ doing what he did, riskily arriving from a foreign country to New York City with less than five dollars as one's personal possessions, is exceedingly small. INTJ's tend to have more of a fool-proof plan than this and if that was indeed his personality type, he probably would've responded to Edison's jabs at him in a more active manner.

I read your post, and I think you've got ENTP's wrong. You seem to think ENTP's can't lead large organizations which is way off since ENTP is the most natural entrepenuer type. (We have to disagree about Bill Gates too, who is an ENTP.) If you are an ENTJ slob though you are a rarity, because I've never met an ENTJ who carried themself as a slob.

The sheer quantity of ideas that Edison had is indicative of Ne, which is the function that produces the largest quantity of varied ideas. Also the promoter type is ESTP, so among NT's the type most like this is ENTP.

Tesla on the other hand is known for not sharing many of his ideas with people, and instead just keeping it all in his head. Also almost all of his inventions flowed naturally out of his mastery of electromagnetism. That deep and focused understanding is indicative of introversion, specifically Ni. Tesla is INTJ. Tesla was also known for getting involved in energies far ahead of his time (like solar). Ni is the function that is adept at projecting into the future.

Cenara

You have no right to insult a religious figure and anothers beliefs in such a rude and ignorant way..
If you don't believe Prophet Mohammad is an ENTJ all you have to do is say so.. not give a huge idiotic speach about what you think about him.

I am sorry but no.

If this man believed in efficiency, he would not have his religion kill so many amongst itself and abroad, and Islamic society would be far more advanced than it is today if it really followed an ENTJ.

I believe that anyone that's a religious nutcase is automatically disqualified from being a T. The key part about us rationals is that we think of how to improve systems and make them more efficient, not just believe some invisible man will do it.

Those who follow ENTJs are, or become NTs themselves. You just have to look at the result of Mohammed's work to see that he was anything but an NT.

Or so I believe.

He's an ESTJ, not an ENTJ.

Under the premise that followers define the leader, ever heard the old complaint: "I would be a great leader were it not for these idiots that I have to lead"

You can argue that he led his followers to do crap,

while at the same time he was not living for his followers, but for God and these jokers were assuming they're following a great leader, defining religion according to what they think is right instead of putting the facts out on the table.

As for you, it is easy to define what leadership characteristics and behaviours, and consequent actions of followers, might be in an ideal universe (flawlessly executed strategy, truly stratospheric satisfaction levels, boundless enthusiasm and so forth). Ding dong...we don't live in an ideal universe - leaders regularly fall short of expectations and followers do anything but follow.

Hence, to conclude that the followers are really following Muhammad would be dismissing the fact that they all are driven by their respective personalities and approach to life and religion - can't always pin it on a man that had lived over 1400 years' ago and in my opinion, lived for his present moment and not intuitively. If his primary mode of living was Intuitive and Thinking, it would certainly produce a healthy, stable and efficient society in the long-run - that I concur with.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Not to sound rude, but what was the point of this thread?... I find it easier to live my life by not comparing/manifesting different social types.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I read your post, and I think you've got ENTP's wrong. You seem to think ENTP's can't lead large organizations which is way off since ENTP is the most natural entrepenuer type.
According to this Big Five study the majority of successful entrepreneurs possess high Conscientiousness with a secondary bias towards low Openness to Experience. In MBTI terms that most likely translates into ESTJ. This seems to agree with MBTI surveys that have shown the commonality of executive and high ranking business men to rank as so:

ESTJ
ISTJ
ENTJ
INTJ

(Note: ENTPs possess low Conscientiousness and high Openness to Experience so they already have two of the five traits working against them, with Conscientiousness being the most important of them.)

(We have to disagree about Bill Gates too, who is an ENTP.)
That doesn’t explain the dominant Thinking preference inherent in his communication style, my previously posted question of how a Perceiver would be able to handle the need for a committed decision throughout a corporate organizational structure, or how an ENTP, a non-Thinking dominant type without any particular ability to handle money, would be able to carefully allocate resources during the beginning stages of a small business.

Also the promoter type is ESTP, so among NT's the type most like this is ENTP.
The type that’s most similar to ESTPs are actually ENTJs. Both types possess the In-Charge personality style and the ENTJs tertiary Se gives them Artesian-esque behavior to the point where even MBTI experts are likely to confuse them. ENTPs don’t even show any indication of Se until you get to their second to last function.

If you are an ENTJ slob though you are a rarity, because I've never met an ENTJ who carried themself as a slob.
The chance of you knowing multiple ENTJs is very, very slim unless you're in a demographically concentrated area such as computer science.

Tesla on the other hand is known for not sharing many of his ideas with people, and instead just keeping it all in his head.
Tesla was unusually exhibitionist for a scientist. He often invited his friends, Mark Twain included, to witness many of his inventions and would frequently brag about his supposed ability to split the Earth in half if he wished to. There are very few scientists who would go on to share this idea with people largely because they would be shunned and designated as eccentrics, which is exactly what happened to Tesla.

Ni is the function that is adept at projecting into the future.
Ni is the function adept at predicting the future. Simply being ahead of your time doesn’t mean that you’re an INTJ.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
As little as I know about Eisenhower and Ford (US presidents), I have heard they're both INTP and I tend to agree, because they did nothing when nothing was necessary to be done.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand is suppose to come out in a film version next year.

Any thoughts on Rand?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand is suppose to come out in a film version next year.

Any thoughts on Rand?

incredibly versatile mind which was straight-jacketed by idealism... I say idealism because while she calls herself an objectivist she was basically trying to force the world into a very straight-forward schema (that incidentally lost its heart).

She was also an incredibly good writer... I mean, philosophy aside, when I read Atlas Shrugged I was hooked... and that's no mean feat since the woman wrote tomes...

She also had great influence on the world... I mean, people as high-up as Alan Greenspan were devoted peoples of hers and there's no telling how many people in politics ascribe to her viewpoint.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
The type that’s most similar to ESTPs are actually ENTJs. Both types possess the In-Charge personality style and the ENTJs tertiary Se gives them Artesian-esque behavior to the point where even MBTI experts are likely to confuse them. ENTPs don’t even show any indication of Se until you get to their second to last function.

I disagree. ENTJs use Se as often as ENTPs use Fe. Both types do not know how use to these functrions properly.

ENTPs possess low Conscientiousness and high Openness to Experience so they already have two of the five traits working against them, with Conscientiousness being the most important of them.

Low conscientiousness and high openess to experience is an EP trait, making estp's more similar to entps than entjs.

That doesn’t explain the dominant Thinking preference inherent in his communication style, my previously posted question of how a Perceiver would be able to handle the need for a committed decision throughout a corporate organizational structure, or how an ENTP, a non-Thinking dominant type without any particular ability to handle money, would be able to carefully allocate resources during the beginning stages of a small business.

I agree with this. However, one of bills gates nemesis, Larry Ellison, is an entp.

MBTI Type
ENTP
As little as I know about Eisenhower and Ford (US presidents), I have heard they're both INTP and I tend to agree, because they did nothing when nothing was necessary to be done.

By that logic, Calvin Coolidge had to be INTP as well.

"If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you."

"You can't know too much, but you can say too much."

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Ok this whole paragraph is nuts. For example everyday I go to work in a room with about 100 accountants and actuaries, and we all handle money quite well. There are a variety of types there too with plenty of both TP's and TJ's. What is more nuts about this paragraph is that Warren Buffet is an ENTP. If he doesn't know how to handle money, then who does? :huh:

Instead of addressing every part of your post point by point though I'd like to instead address the underlying issue. I'd like to explain ENTP's here and their role in the business environment (especially when compared to ENTJ's).

ENTP's are actually a whole lot like ENTJ's in a lot of ways. Both are NT's so they going to be interested in things like science, technology, and all sorts of abstract ideas and theories. Additionally both are extraverts, so they have similar motivations and interests when contrasted with the INTx types. Both are interested in things like leadership, achievement, success, and in general having an impact on the world around them (although they might have different standards by which they measure these things). Both tend to see the application of ideas as more important than the ideas themselves. (In contrast INTx types tend to see the idea as more imporant, and the application is there to illustrate the importance of the idea.)

If you are going to look at how an ENTJ accomplishes something, then the type they are most like is the INTJ. They share the same functions, so they do things in the most similar fashion. However if you look at what an ENTJ does, then the type they are most like is the ENTP. Both types have similar motivations and want to achieve similar goals, but the way that they achieve those goals is where they differ.

In the context of business an ENTJ accomplishes his goals with a focus on Thinking while using Intuition to support the primary function of Thinking. This means that the ENTJ will want to focus on things like maximizing productivity, minimizing costs, improving quality, and in general making his company the most efficient company possible. Intuition is there to give the ENTJ a big picture perspective of his whole company and to help spot problems that other people may have missed. Intuition is useful, but it's ultimately used to support Thinking.

An ENTP on the other hand approaches business with a focus on Intuition. This might mean they have a unique insight into an old business, but it usually means trying something new. It might be a new product, a new industry, or a new approach to an old product. In general the ENTP focuses on cleverness, insight, and novel ideas, and then uses thinking to try to make these unusual ideas work out somehow.

For example Warren Buffet, an ENTP, succeeds because he knows how to pick stocks better than anyone else. His business is not successful because of amazing efficiency, and there is no explicit science to how he picks stocks, otherwise a lot more people could replicate his results. Instead he relies more on insight, and then he uses thinking to check that his insights are sound.

In the case of Bill Gates and Microsoft, their success is due to being the first company in the software industry. Before Bill Gates everyone thought that the money was in hardware. He had the idea of licensing software and turning it into a marketable product. The success of Microsoft has more to do with Gates' cleverness than his ability to maximize efficiency. A thinker's approach would be to make the best product possible and maximize the efficiency of the company. That is more similar to Apple's approach. Microsoft on the other hand is characterized by using tricks to force out competition and maintain monopoly-like control. Clever tricks are more of a hallmark of ENTP's than ENTJ's.

Likewise on the case of Edison the very fact that his company is focused on creating patents practically guarantees he's an ENTP. A company focused on cranking out new ideas and products is basically an ENTP dream. His approach to beating AC current was to trick people into thinking it was evil (by associating it with the electric chair). Again the focus on cleverness and trickery is more of a hallmark of ENTP.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I disagree with Warren Buffet being an entp. Warren buffet's investment strategy is extremely risk averse, and focus much more on analysis and logic than random intuition. So this rules Ne out. He would be much more likely an IXTJ.

As for Bill gates, his company is much less innovative than apple. He beats apple using innovative strategy, but nevertheless there is still a significant chance he is not an ENTP. Bill gates is a person that trusts his thinking more than experience. He makes contingency plans rather than trying to improvise and learn from experience. And his systematic improvement of an outdated product like dos and windows, stresses more on efficency rather than innovaitng something completely new, again a NTJ thing.