User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 86

  1. #21
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Also , the chinese dictator Chiang Kai Shek is another Entj. (Very strong Te, borderline S).

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Corrections.

    Arthur Schopenhauer was an INFJ. (I could explain to you why I think so based on my readings of his biography and the way his personality in his writings suggested this. Yes, unlike most philosophers his philosophy was fully imbued in its authors personality. Many of his doctrines could have been made in an optimistic or a neutral attitude, and none of his ideas necessitate pessimism, he was just imposing his feelings onto the readers)


    Machiavelli seemed like a quintissential ENTP. He had a detached and an impersonal outlook on life, and most of all he had great awareness of his environment. He also knew how to manipulate complex social systems and suggested being very adaptable, a chameleon he was indeed. Machiavelli, both as a writer and as a person had a very informative communication style, not directive.


    Dante, I'd argue was also an INFJ. In short, his feelings preceeded his dispassionate thought and relationships played a more important role in his life than pursuit of whateve impersonal goals he had.


    Parmenides-INTP
    Heraclitus-INTJ
    Socrates-INTP
    Spinoza-INTP
    Leibniz-INTP
    Aristotle-INTP
    Marx-INTP
    Einstein-INTP
    Newton-INTP
    Galileo-INTP
    Darwin-INTP
    Copernicus-INTP
    Locke-INTJ
    Nietzsche-INTJ
    Hobbes-INTJ
    Napoleon Bonaparte-ENTJ
    Alexander the Great-ENTJ(although type logic reports he was an ENTP, but I don't buy it)
    Ayn Rand-INTJ
    David Hume-ENTP
    de Voltaire-ENTP
    Bertrand Russell-ENTP
    Karl Popper-INTJ
    Bill Gates-ENTP

    *EDIT:Richard Wagner-ENTJ(thanks Uberfuhrer)

    I think Arthur Schopenhauer is an INTJ.Have you read his Parerga und Paralipomena?His views about genius show that he is an INTJ.

    Kant and Nietzsche are INTJs too.

    Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    Also , the chinese dictator Chiang Kai Shek is another Entj. (Very strong Te, borderline S).
    I think so.

    (BTW:I'm chinese)

  3. #23
    Senior Member LunarMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Looked through a collection of NT-heavy fields: Scientists, Politicians, and Business Leaders respectively. I decided to go with more prominent figures for the purpose of reader familiarity.

    Charles Darwin- INTJ
    Thomas Edison- ENTJ
    Albert Einstein- INTP
    Bill Gates- ENTJ
    Frederick the Great- ENTJ
    Thomas Jefferson- INTJ
    Nikola Tesla- ENTP

    Darwin: would seem too focused on one area of study to be an INTP, namely his theory of natural selection, which he has become known for to the exclusion of all else (save perhaps his studies in geology); his noted collection of scholarly interests almost seems bizarrely small for such a well financed intellectual when you compare him to the like of Jefferson or Edison.

    Thomas Edison: seems to be strangely overlooked as a shrewd businessman or when this aspect of him is noted, lambasted for being a con. Either way he seemed to be far too calculated and practical for an ENTP. The main difference between him and his rival, Nikola Tesla, hinged on his acceptance at playing the financial game. He was the creator and leader of the world’s first recognized scientific research center and was more than willing to throw out ideas and inventions that promised no economic benefits; this often earned him the ire of his employee, Tesla, who was much more interested in the concept of inventing for the mere sake of inventing. He would shut down all facets of his company that failed to meet the economic benchmark and stubbornly promoted his less efficient DC current over Tesla AC in order to achieve a financial and pride-based merit. He was notably efficient at promoting his products, showing an unusually large amount of Te.

    Frederick the Great: Difficult to say whether the man was INTJ or ENTJ partly due his seemingly middle-ground status on the trait. He was not known for either being particularly silent or largely social in the same way that Einstein or Edison were. His complete social disconnection from his troops could be seen as evidence of Introversion but his entire military Instructions seem to be far too pragmatic to be Ni-dominant. His ego seemed to be far to loose and easily influenced by the perceptions of other people for him to be INTJ.

    Thomas Jefferson: Scholarly and wide-seeing with a large amount of Fi. Morally set against the concept of slavery yet failed to take external action to free his own slaves, indicating less of a logical flow of actions that a Te dominant would have. Extremely action oriented Judging personality who believed that the current government should be dismantled at the surest sign of corruption.

    Nikola Tesla: Arrived in New York City from Croatian Krajina with less than a dollar in his pocket. Joined Edison Electric but later quit after several disagreements with his boss about the practical uses of his inventions and a certain incident in which Edison cheated Tesla out of a large sum of money. Brilliant in the creation of his invention but lacked any sort of planned calculation in the promotion of them until his friend, Charles Batchelor, stepped in to handle the job. Became somewhat socially reclusive due to his various eccentricities but carried an Extroverted habit of commonly bragging about his work. Eventually died relatively unknown in comparison to Edison, due to a combination of his rival’s attempts to publicly disparage him and his own lack of attention to public opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Not sure about Bill Gates. I am thinking probably ENTP.. he seems to be a very unsystematic thinker and has a laid back approach to life..perhaps too unconventional to be an ENTJ (Te relies on the external standard a lot)..and he doesnt seem to have a TJ-like directive nature of communication..

    Hobbes was likely an INTJ..
    Doubtable. He actually seems to be unusually systematic and calculates the efficiency of market related actions even in some of his more notable quotes, he’s interpreted his lack of religious appreciation based on its time inefficiency, and has readily admitted that he takes ‘fairly scientific approach’ to most of his problems. Te is less concerned with the external standards of social norms, which is largely related to Fe, and more concerned with the external standards of objective measurements (points earned, beaker capacity). Perceivers generally aren’t good at leading large groups, organizations, or military structures as they have no set plan or protocol that can be communicated to over 300 people over a set of time. By the time their decision has been communicated to all levels of the hierarchy, the improvised decision of the Perceiver will have changed to meet the current situation before the previous order can even be fully executed.

  4. #24
    / booyalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

    John F. Kennedy, ENTP
    I really doubt that he was an NT.
    I don't wanna!

  5. #25
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Ugg the Caveman - ESTP
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Wace, 12th century author of Roman de Rou and Roman de Brut, two early French epics, I believe to have been INTP.

    The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) - ENTJ
    I am sorry but no.

    If this man believed in efficiency, he would not have his religion kill so many amongst itself and abroad, and Islamic society would be far more advanced than it is today if it really followed an ENTJ.

    I believe that anyone that's a religious nutcase is automatically disqualified from being a T. The key part about us rationals is that we think of how to improve systems and make them more efficient, not just believe some invisible man will do it.

    Those who follow ENTJs are, or become NTs themselves. You just have to look at the result of Mohammed's work to see that he was anything but an NT.

    Or so I believe.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    There seems to be a shortage of ENTj's here. So i'll add a few :

    Douglas MacArthur
    George C Marshall
    Franklin Rossevelt (could be ESTP)
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Genghis Khan ?
    Napoleon (napoleon has some pretty strong Ne though)
    Constantine the Great and several Roman Emperors


    By the way, i am not an Entj.
    Big YES for Genghis Khan IMO. An amazing general, that didn't give a damn about being politically correct as he scoured his enemies from the face of the earth.

    I'm wondering if Benjamin Netanyahu is an ENTJ candidate.

  8. #28
    señor member colmena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Glenn Gould - INTP.

    'though not 'historic'. One day.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

    -How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

  9. #29
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish_Cats View Post
    Kant and Nietzsche are INTJs too.
    I question these two. Despite the fact that many claim Kant to be an INTJ, I think that INTP is potentially more suiting. Based off his philosophical writings, I think Ti dominant seems to fit more than Ni dominant. It seems that many seem to conclude that he was a J based off the fact that he had a very regimented routine. However, (A) Kant did not exhibit this pattern until later in life, and (B) such behavior can be attributed to other external factors, such as neurosis.



    Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Darwin: would seem too focused on one area of study to be an INTP, namely his theory of natural selection, which he has become known for to the exclusion of all else (save perhaps his studies in geology); his noted collection of scholarly interests almost seems bizarrely small for such a well financed intellectual when you compare him to the like of Jefferson or Edison.
    I think that I agree with you, in the sense that I believe Darwin to be an INTJ rather than an INTP. However, I do not think any of the reasons you have given to support your argument are particularly valid.

    Thomas Edison: seems to be strangely overlooked as a shrewd businessman or when this aspect of him is noted, lambasted for being a con. Either way he seemed to be far too calculated and practical for an ENTP. The main difference between him and his rival, Nikola Tesla, hinged on his acceptance at playing the financial game. He was the creator and leader of the world’s first recognized scientific research center and was more than willing to throw out ideas and inventions that promised no economic benefits; this often earned him the ire of his employee, Tesla, who was much more interested in the concept of inventing for the mere sake of inventing. He would shut down all facets of his company that failed to meet the economic benchmark and stubbornly promoted his less efficient DC current over Tesla AC in order to achieve a financial and pride-based merit. He was notably efficient at promoting his products, showing an unusually large amount of Te.
    ...
    Nikola Tesla: Arrived in New York City from Croatian Krajina with less than a dollar in his pocket. Joined Edison Electric but later quit after several disagreements with his boss about the practical uses of his inventions and a certain incident in which Edison cheated Tesla out of a large sum of money. Brilliant in the creation of his invention but lacked any sort of planned calculation in the promotion of them until his friend, Charles Batchelor, stepped in to handle the job. Became somewhat socially reclusive due to his various eccentricities but carried an Extroverted habit of commonly bragging about his work. Eventually died relatively unknown in comparison to Edison, due to a combination of his rival’s attempts to publicly disparage him and his own lack of attention to public opinion.
    I definitely agree with Edison being a Te-dominant. It is unfortunate that many seem to immediately assume Edison to be an Ne dominant because such people often draw the conclusion that, since Ne is the most "inventive" dominant function, and since Edison is one of the most well-known inventors, then he must, therefore be an Ne-dominant. This, of course, is very crude and faulty reasoning. Edison's personality was not very typical for an inventor. He, as you say, was a very pragmatic, business-oriented individual. His behavior certainly indicates Te-dominance. However, I am willing to say that Edison might even be an ESTJ. There is nothing particularly N about him. Unlike Tesla, who would construct vivid mental models of his inventions, Edison was a very trial-and-error, hands-on person.
    I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say that Edison was more of a calculating person than Tesla. Quite the contrary, as previously mentioned, Edison spent virtually no time with calculations before he began building--he would simply go ahead and tinker around with mechanics. Tesla, on the other hand, made sure to visualize a model and perform all of the mathematical calculations before he began working.
    Tesla's type, on the other hand, is more of a puzzle. Almost certainly an NT, yet probably not ENTJ. It is often hard to determine which aspects of Tesla's behavior were part of his personality, or instead, neurosis. Thus, I/E and P/J seem a bit fuzzy and blurred with him.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  10. #30
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    To be honest, the paragraph turned me a bit away from NFP (those sort of strongly worded comments usually are too strong for them to indulge in).
    An INFP in a Te rant would have no problem using those words, especially in written communication.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Famous historical NF's
    By substitute in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Famous historical SP/SJ's
    By substitute in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 11:39 AM
  3. [SP] Famous Historical SPs
    By 6sticks in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 03:18 PM
  4. Famous living NTs
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 01:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO