User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    What signs do I watch for so that I can tell if she's an ESTJ or not?
    The massive bulge usually appearing in the crotch area of their pantsuits.

J/k.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    The massive bulge usually appearing in the crotch area of their pantsuits.

J/k.
    Janet Reno ...?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    She plays major favorites.

You can't be an incompetent idiot, (in her eyes), though.

She likes intelligent, reliable people, she also really values a great sense of humor. If she thinks you are funny, and you make her laugh, more than likely you will be accepted as a friend.
    These are the things I have experienced.
    When you're on her good list, you good, but if you get on her black list, there ain't nothing you can do about it!

See that's the thing, I am a competent individual, but Ss don't see competence the same way I do. And they only see the outward. Although, I did have an idea to further a pet theory of hers that I read online, and after I explained it to her twice, she seemed to get it.

So my only hope is to make her laugh. I am reasonably intelligent and very reliable.

I'm worried because in my experience, they are very harsh critics who jump to HUGE conclusions on very scant evidence - usually wrong conclusions is what I mean.

I don't know. She's older. The mess in the office gives me hope that she might be slightly atypical.

I've never been so miserable to have landed a job before. But at least I know what I'm getting into. I know I can expect her to spy on me to see what I'm doing when she's not there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I get the creeps from the mere thought of the stereotypical ESTJ being in any position of power Or most SJ's for that matter... Intelligent ISTJ's tend to do nicely for some reason, though. I have had a couple of ESTJ's as underbosses when I was a ship electrician, and one as my english teacher when I was a kid.
    I wouldn't be surprised if ESTJ would top the rankings of most generally disliked type with a 50% lead.

Being a boss of any kind means that you can't do things "by the book" all the time. That might suffice in the army logistics or some other job where you deal with dead objects and papers most of the time. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, and the ESTJ would just frown a little and say that it wouldn't be possible to bend a little rule, and would then report the tiny little infraction to appropriate authority.

And yes, I hate most ESTJ's guts after about five minutes.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

INTJMom: to you!!!

I can't speak for all ESTJs but my sister appreciates mean-streak, sarcastic humor.

Also, tread very lightly when dealing with their egos/performance/mistakes!!

VERY LIGHTLY!!!

My sister has grown a lot, to the point where she will actually apologize for her errors in judgment and behavior, but still, SHE ABSOLUTELY HATES BEING WRONG, even when she knows she is.

Though she might not be the most considerate person herself, (though in some regards, she is incredibly respectful), she absolutely values and appreciates when people are considerate to her.

Also, she gets annoyed VERY EASILY, so always be quick and short in your interactions unless she indicates to you that she feels like having a break, or some fun.

Oh, tell her gossip, that is definitely an in.

Hmm, what else...

Lol, she and I are so immensely different it is quite humorous.

And sorry, ESTJs can really be difficult to deal with. :/
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Update: after working with my boss for 8 hours, I am beginning to think she is an ISTJ. All the ESTJs I know talk WAY too much, and she isn't like that. Not only that, but her work methods are a lot like or identical to my mom's - who is an ISTJ.

Oh! And I'm really enjoying my job

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

wow...I normally do not like people with this description, but I recently did a test amongst my friends and one of my female friends is an ESTJ. And she is the most reasonable woman I've ever met. She is intelligent, and considerate and very interested in talking to just about everything with everyone in order to gain new perspectives. I'm wondering if she is just a very balanced ESTJ or if something might've gone wrong *grin*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Default ESTJ females

Hey,

I'm ENTP and naturally have run into friction with a few ESTJs, especially ESTJ females. My older sister is one and to this day she is unable to grasp the notion that she is not my mother.

I also have a younger female manager at work who is a strong ESTJ, and I've noticed one thing in particular, aside from what's already been said:

ESTJ females are used to growing up in a culture which often responds negatively to their natural ability to lead and organize in an effective and rational manner (traditionally "male traits"), and so they are extremely sensitive to any perceived attack on their competence or ability to perform their duties.

They also have tremendous respect for traditional authority structures and are especially pissed off when others fail to show the same regard for them, and have no problem openly calling you out on this "obvious" mistake in front of everyone.

To deal with an ESTJ supervisor, DO NOT make any assumptions about how s/he wants your job done--as with ENTJs, constantly ask permission for anything you want, even if you already know it's acceptable. I have one ENTJ friend who takes this as a huge sign of respect. When dealing with the ESTJ (especially female), try to phrase conversations in more open-ended ways that allow the ESTJ to make an assessment and enforce her conclusion according to The Rules. For you NTs, don't get into hypothetical arguments about things like politics, religion, etc.--this is sure to lead to dangerous territory--and ESPECIALLY don't try to give her any advice on how to do her job.

For that matter, don't argue with her about much of ANYTHING. The ENTJ supervisor can be overbearing but will be impressed and often allow you to continue what you're doing if you can show him/her strong, logical reasoning that your unorthodox method actually works. The ESTJ, on the other hand, is opposed to unorthodox methods on principle alone. Often s/he makes a quick decision about what needs to be done based on her S function (very perceptive of physical surroundings and concrete details) and will ignore, and even be overtly annoyed with, an N who tries to offer her advice based on more abstract thought models.

The more you resist acknowledging her authority over you, the more she will bear down on you to enforce that traditional structure, and she won't stop until she's made your life hell.

Just a friendly warning

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

HAHAHAHAHHAA!!!

I am spending the day with my ESTJ sister, today, and we have an ETD, (estimated time of departure), and I believe an itinerary of sorts, (both of which are her creations/mandates).

I do think we are going to the dry cleaners to get some clothes hemmed, then we are going to Macy's to make returns and do some last minute X-mas shopping and lastly we are going to Borders. She needs to leave our house at 3:00 pm sharp to go to her friend's house to help her prepare for a holiday party.

ESTJs, lol.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles