User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intj

I should embelish....I shut down out of fear of being parasitic. I can size people up in a nanosecond. Flaws and triumphs...maybe he finds jems in what I would never consider "jewely"...or dont want to dig through the "baggage". (its dirty business) I refuse to flaunt my wealth...I am arrogant in a very non-arrogant, covert way. Am I more of a liar? I dont want to 'lie" to get my primal needs met (but still desire to have them met).....he has no problem with knowing the short-term scenario will ultimately fail.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i'll call this a strength of mine. i guess the only key is to add your own personality to the conversation. i make jokes all the time, even if the subject matter itself is boring to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    Can anyone share "tips" on how to circumvent my true nature (intj). Finding boring people interesting. It seems this is the one thing I have trouble mastering. I have tried everything and it just gets worse....... My best buddy (istj) can do this effortlessly.....uncanny in his ability to connect with people. I think he is just selfishly lying to them but he doesnt see it like that.
    Ask them anything you can think of, and mention anything you know about what their answer is.

For instance, ask them what kind of music they like, and then either mention what you know about that genre/band, or ask more about it. The trick is to keep bringing up any simple, non-offensive topic you can think of, and inquiring further about their answers, as if you're really interested.

Alternatively, you can just try to make really bad puns, let them mock your lousy humor, and then say something self-deprecating about your sense of humor. Sometimes they get a kick out of that. That only works for a while before it gets old, though.

MBTI
    XNXP

. I can size people up in a nanosecond. Flaws and triumphs...maybe he finds jems in what I would never consider "jewely"...or dont want to dig through the "baggage". (its dirty business) I refuse to flaunt my wealth...I am arrogant in a very non-arrogant way.
    Hit on Carbon Cold. Problem solved. Edgey as Hell, but....in a kinda discreet way, y'know ?
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Hit on Carbon Cold. Problem solved. Edgey as Hell, but....in a kinda discreet way, y'know ?
    Yes, but I never rule out the "human element"...maybe I am an "idealistist. I hope there is more than seeing my species as a sheet of metal that I have to bang on and form to my liking.......I would rather it be in a shape that I already like.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    XNXP

Yes, but I never rule out the "human element"...maybe I am an "idealistist. I hope there is more than seeing my species as a sheet of metal that I have to bang on and form to my liking.......I would rather it be in a shape that I already like.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

put a noose around your neck and dangle off of every word they said
    blah
    I N V I C T U S

Could you give an example? What is the conversation, what is the situation, and what is the person like?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Could you give an example? What is the conversation, what is the situation, and what is the person like?
    just think of any thing that bores you
    like an antiques road show
    then tilt your head to the side and make funny noises as your face contorts

" really ? "
    " and how does that work ? "
    " i don't get it, if blah blah blah "
    " ok then "
    " hmm "
    " yeesh "
    I N V I C T U S

LOL. I'd rather not make up the example myself. It would take the point away.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson