User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

My step dad, when I was a teenager, used to come into my room and force me out of bed, declaring me to be a lazy ne'er do well, on account of it being 11am and I was still asleep. I thought this grossly unfair, especially considering that I worked a graveyard shift at a gas station and often wasn't even in until 7am. But even when I wasn't working late, I rarely went to bed before 5am. He'd just declare all the stuff he'd done whilst I was sleeping and tell me what a crime it was to waste so much of the day 'lazing'.

I got so annoyed about it that one day, at about 3am, I went into HIS room, crashed in, switched on the lights, banged a pot next to his head (as he did to me) and told him to get the fuck up, the lazy bastard. He'd protest angrily that it was 3am just as I protested, but I was unsympathetic and said "So? I've just cooked my dinner, ironed my shirts for the week and cleaned the whole kitchen. I've got a shift at the gas station to work yet!"

I had to run to avoid the violence... haha... but I think I made my point. He still grouched occasionally about me being 'lazy', but he never woke me up again.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

School days (monday-friday) = 1am to 6:30am. When I get home from school I take naps occasionally.
    Weekends = 12 hours (or more) of sleep nomatter when I fall asleep.

MBTI
    INTx

Given the choice, I'm entirely nocturnal and sleep for a long time. Last night (this morning) it was some time after 2am when I got to bed (probably a lot after 2am!) and I woke up shortly after midday. On work days, I have about 6 hours sleep and I make up for it on other days. Sometimes, it's more like 5am when I get to sleep.
    You what?

MBTI
    INxJ

I have an erratic sleep pattern. I exercise and try to remember to eat regularly and that helps a bit. Though, I still suffer bouts of insomnia from time to time.

MBTI
    INTP

I think I will always be an Insomniac. I think my brain is ultra alert as the night is winding down, part of that has to do with the quiet at night. I just feel like I can be extremely hyper focused and relaxed past midnight and extremely lethargic in the morning so I never look forward to going to bed early.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INtP

I think some of this depends on your age, too. I find that as I've gotten older, I just plain *can't* sleep in like I used to, even on weekends. So I've pretty much forced myself to try to get to bed by 11 every night so that I don't miss any more sleep than I have to. I sleep pretty poorly anyway (fall asleep easily but it's not unusual for me to wake up 10-15 times a night), and I have to get up at around 6:30 for work, so staying up late's something I only do on special occasions.

All in all, I sleep (using the term loosely - I'm awake probably 20% of this time anyway) from 11pm to around 6-6:30am during the week, and from 11 until 8ish on weekends. Having said that, I'm most definitely a night person, and not a morning person by nature.

MBTI
    nnnn

These days it's rare for me to go to bed before 2 AM, sometimes it's 2, sometime it's 5, it depends. I generally get up somewhere around noon, then merge breakfast and lunch etc. I'm a difficult sleeper, even as a child I would often wake my parents saying I couldn't sleep. My INTJ father would tell me I resisted sleep. He is a morning person (but for the same reason I like nighttime it seems - quiet etc.), but also a very bad (and light) sleeper.

I've always been a night owl, now it's the computer, back in the day it was books.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I have a very regular sleep pattern, because if I sleep well my day is 123423423 times better and I can do more things (i can work more quickly and thus have more free time, for example). So I usually go around 11:00-11:30 and wake up around 7:30. Often I train (cycling) during the day, so I have no problem falling asleep at all, in fact past 10:30 I start to get quite tired...

Even as a kid, I could never sleep past 9. I'm an early riser by nature.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Why does it seem that there are more late risers than early risers? >_>

P.S. I don't have a schedule at the moment.

MBTI
    INTP

Lately, I've been going to bed at 6am, but that is excessive even for me, and I really need to train myself out of that pattern. I'm a night owl for sure, and I stay up until at least 3 or 4am. I have to have 8 hours of sleep, regardless.