• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] how generous are you with your knowledge?

Jeximo

MBTI Type
INTP
I'll only divulge information when the information when I believe the other person could follow. In general, I would say most can't follow. However; the inability to follow is potentially related to my inability to explain more clearly. Doubt it, but it's possible haha. I can usually identify one's type pretty quickly. Found me an INTP the other night at a party, oh em gee. We broke out into deep conversation almost immediately, it was awesome.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Found me an INTP the other night at a party, oh em gee. We broke out into deep conversation almost immediately, it was awesome.

I went to Germany in February to visit a software company. It just happened that there were two other INTPs there at that time. I rarely have conversations that long with anybody. Yep, it was awesome.

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I tend not to indulge information in others unless it's of an unpersonal nature. However, if someone asks me about something I'm interested in, I will talk at them until they tell me to shut up... and even then I may not stop. However, if someone wants to get information out of me that I'd rather not give out... well, good luck trying to get me to talk.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well.. depending of how i see a potential in that person i may give out knowledge.
most cases its nothing special, i tend to not give out "the little important things" easily.

SonnyCheeba

MBTI Type
ENTP
I rarely enjoy much more in life than sharing my knowledge. It is a large part of my social interaction I would say. However, that doesnt prevent me from regretting it being used in a way that is not to my liking or makes me feel it has been cheapened.

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
I jealously guard my knowledge from the unwashed masses. It is often necessary for me to feign ignorance in order to avoid such "teaching" moments.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
So generous that I have a tendency to talk way too much about something while in the back of my head I know they don't care. Compelled. To. Explain.

gomi

MBTI Type
INTP
Most INTPs, I believe, want the knowledge in the minds of those they're in contact with to be sound. Immature INTPs, like myself as a kid/teenager, aren't subtle about it and excel at irritating others. These days I try to make knowledge inviting, like cake, and you can take a bite if you like.

Mmm...golden, spongey, knowledge-cake...

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
I guard my knowledge from others because I am of the impression that they don't want to hear it and will have no clue how to stop me once I get going, so they will stand there until I realize they wish they could extricate themselves from the situation, which of course just makes me upset. "Well why'd you f***ing ask, then, jerk??"

This is why it's dangerous to get me started. A lot of pressure can build up over time. Just let sleeping dragons lie, people.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I love to explain/teach things. But my experience is that most aren't as interested in what I have to say as I am, so I only share if I think the other person cares to hear it or asks about something.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
How likley are you to sit down and explain or teach?

Are there certain parts of your knowledge that you gaurd from others?

I don't teach. I don't lecture.
I don't like to do it.

A natural habit for me, though, is sitting down and cooperating in designing "the plan":yes:

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
If I see that a Person really has the WILL and the PATIENCE to learn Something, I will teach them. But I ask from them to be very focused and not making me run after them (you know like "So, are we gonna continue today?"). Also the Person *should* be a bit closer that just some random Person from the Street. The closer a Person is to me, the more "Patience" and "Passion" I will have.

Yes. Just simply because I don't want to tell all of my "Tricks". I still need to be somewhat mysterious and interesting, don't I? :tongue:

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Knowledge is not meant to be secret or horded . . . Ask and you shall recieve, hell if its interesting, you might still recieve even if you are ignoring me :devil:

lane777

nevermore
Willing to school if others question. Unless asked, me no share; through my observations, people tend to buck invaluable suggestions/information when the information was offered without request, because they consider it to be a condescending action.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I enjoy sharing knowledge as I myself am always on the look out to learn more. Therefore it is sometimes hard to understand that you are perceived as a 'know it all' when you enthusiastically share what you know. And although it may be true that you shouldn't give unsolicited advice, it is sometimes very hard to resist. One of the subjects I'm often consulted on is Cats and it is for me very hard to not give unsolicited advice on the topic, as the ignorance of people very often harms the animal who cannot speak for itself.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If I'm confronted with an inteligent[b/] specific question, I won't hold back, I'll tell everything. If I'm asked stupid questions or if I have to repeat myself, clear up terms that I should expect you know. My patience will die out soon.

As a rule of thumb, if I have to repeat myself (not a clarification of certain circumstances) a third time to someone, he needs to gtfo out of my eyesight.

Yes and no. In a debate or an argument, no, I'll just say exactly that, which I believe to be needed to being told. If someone genuinely interests me in an academical point thought, I'll answer any questions whatsoever about any subject.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
It really depends on the subject. I'm very generous with my knowledge when it comes to things that interest me.

On the other hand at work more often than not I'm explaining things that I had to figure out for myself. I used to be a shipping clerk before I got promoted, and training my dullard replacement on the software, shipping techniques, and customs regulations was painfully monotonous. I get extremely agitated whenever he consults me on things I've already explained.

sleeptowin

MBTI Type
INTJ
If the other party is likely to benefit from this knowledge, or just find it interesting, I will teach... that is, if I feel like it.

Of course, there's no point in letting everyone know what you know.