User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I'll only divulge information when the information when I believe the other person could follow. In general, I would say most can't follow. However; the inability to follow is potentially related to my inability to explain more clearly. Doubt it, but it's possible haha. I can usually identify one's type pretty quickly. Found me an INTP the other night at a party, oh em gee. We broke out into deep conversation almost immediately, it was awesome.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeximo View Post
    Found me an INTP the other night at a party, oh em gee. We broke out into deep conversation almost immediately, it was awesome.
    I went to Germany in February to visit a software company. It just happened that there were two other INTPs there at that time. I rarely have conversations that long with anybody. Yep, it was awesome.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I tend not to indulge information in others unless it's of an unpersonal nature. However, if someone asks me about something I'm interested in, I will talk at them until they tell me to shut up... and even then I may not stop. However, if someone wants to get information out of me that I'd rather not give out... well, good luck trying to get me to talk.
    "Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense-experience correspond to a logically uniform style of thought." -Einstein

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily weak people, in other words they stand no chance!" -Snape

Em. Female INTx and Proud of it. Left-handed Calligrapher. Writer. Scientist. Type Five Enneagram.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well.. depending of how i see a potential in that person i may give out knowledge.
    most cases its nothing special, i tend to not give out "the little important things" easily.

I rarely enjoy much more in life than sharing my knowledge. It is a large part of my social interaction I would say. However, that doesnt prevent me from regretting it being used in a way that is not to my liking or makes me feel it has been cheapened.

MBTI
    INTP

I jealously guard my knowledge from the unwashed masses. It is often necessary for me to feign ignorance in order to avoid such "teaching" moments.

MBTI
    ENTP

So generous that I have a tendency to talk way too much about something while in the back of my head I know they don't care. Compelled. To. Explain.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Most INTPs, I believe, want the knowledge in the minds of those they're in contact with to be sound. Immature INTPs, like myself as a kid/teenager, aren't subtle about it and excel at irritating others. These days I try to make knowledge inviting, like cake, and you can take a bite if you like.
    Mmm...golden, spongey, knowledge-cake...

The bottle is waiting.
    The cap is twisted,
    begging to be used.
    And so are you...
    - DBC

MBTI
    INTP

I guard my knowledge from others because I am of the impression that they don't want to hear it and will have no clue how to stop me once I get going, so they will stand there until I realize they wish they could extricate themselves from the situation, which of course just makes me upset. "Well why'd you f***ing ask, then, jerk??"

This is why it's dangerous to get me started. A lot of pressure can build up over time. Just let sleeping dragons lie, people.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I love to explain/teach things. But my experience is that most aren't as interested in what I have to say as I am, so I only share if I think the other person cares to hear it or asks about something.