• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Objectivity Scale

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Definitions of objective used are:

-not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion

-expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations

Most Objective: INTP...ENTP...INTJ...ENTJ: Least Objective

I'm confident in this assertion as it pertains to "the typical bearer of type," though I'm sure someone disagrees. As to its importance...Advantage could be gained in dealing with people of these types by way of adjusting initial trust. One who isn't as concerned with self-advancement or control as one is with remaining objective is less likely to deceive.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd say on average: Most objective- ENTP ... INTP .... ENTJ ... INTJ - Least objective

Really depends on the individual (and perhaps the situation as well).

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Objectivity:

external perceiving > internal perceiving (Ne > Ni - looking at patterns in outside data vs. patterns with inside data)

extraversion > introversion (Someone more in tune with what's actually going on rather than an internal standard/vision.)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Note to Colors: Analyze behavior, speech, etc., not fabricated function orders.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'm too unconcerned with proving my point to elaborate. And your attempts to control this INTP, Mr. ENTJ, are useless!
I expected nothing less. That would require you to actually do something.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I expected nothing less. That would require you to actually do something.
Via your ad hominem attack, you have demonstrated your unobjectivity. Additionally, if your fury were lessened by calm, rational thought, you might have noticed that I was in fact elaborating humorously while claiming I never would.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Note to Colors: Analyze behavior, speech, etc., not fabricated function orders.

Note to self: Don't depend on INTPs to be objective about their objectivity.

That'd require them to actually come up with reasons for putting themselves first.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Note to self: Don't depend on INTPs to be objective about their objectivity.

That'd require them to actually come up with reasons for putting themselves first.
Note to self: INTPs are more objective than ISTPs as well.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
What does "objective" mean?

Are you referring to an opinion free from extraneous influence?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Via your ad hominem attack, you have demonstrated your unobjectivity. Additionally, if your fury were lessened by calm, rational thought, you might have noticed that I was in fact elaborating humorously while claiming I never would.
Stating a fact is now a sign of unobjectivity?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Stating a fact is now a sign of unobjectivity?
It depends on the fact. When I stated the facts contained in my Objectivity Scale, I started to feel slightly unobjective, but still in the green.

Or too subjective to see your own subjectivity.
My subjectivity is like a tiny, tiny mouse, and my objectivity the tiger who hungers for it, though it would make an unworthy meal.

What does "objective" mean?

Are you referring to an opinion free from extraneous influence?
See OP for the definitions. In my words, however: Being objective is making analyses, decisions, speaking and taking action with a big picture view in mind, as opposed to large concern for self interest.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I only ask, Jack, because your first bullet point nullifies the sense of objectivity you were seeking.

I presume this was intentional. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...My subjectivity is like a tiny, tiny mouse, and my objectivity the tiger who hungers for it, though it would make an unworthy meal.

Still gunning to support that N read, huh? ;)
Nice metaphor, tho. :D

Hmmm. Did you know that NPG likes to kill mice?