User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 208

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    If we consider that in principle:

    a) Dominant thinkers repress their feeling function stronger than dominant intuitives.

    b) Extraverts are concerned with the outer (objective) world and introverts are concerned with the inner (subjective) world.

    Theoretically, it would be the ENTJ that is the most objective, having as dominant function Extraverted Thinking.

    However, in order to properly answer this question we should measure people's personality type along with their objectivity and determine if there is a relationship between the two.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    If we consider that:

    a) Dominant thinkers repress their feeling function stronger than dominant intuitives.

    b) Extraverts are concerned with the outer (objective) world and introverts are concerned with the inner (subjective) world.

    I would say ENTJ.
    You're the 2nd ENTJ in this thread to come up with a function theory as to why ENTJs are the most objective. In practice, it is obvious they are not very objective on average. This demonstrates the malleability and uselessness of function theory, and recursively the unobjectivity of ENTJs.

    Would you feel better if I started a thread naming all the things ENTJs do better than INTPs? Because these things exist.

  3. #83
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Don't agree. This only applies in personal matters - at which we tend to suck. If you are talking pure theoretical objective thought, we are unsurpassed.
    Purely theoretical stuff IS what matters though. Just try to refute an INTPs thinking after they've carefully constructed it...

    The best one is to ignore their thoughts and carry on anyway... this usually shows a little more emotion


    Oh and as for ENTJs, if they aren't objective then neither are INTPs. The two are too close to be separated without extremely fine distinctions. Sure they act differently but the actual format of the thinking which takes place is frighteningly similar.

    I would imagine that the most objective group would be a group of NTs but then you'd have to remove their humanity, which kinda removes the point.

    I offer up INTPc itself as proof of the sheer lack of objectivity which can pervade a group of NTs.

    Oh and wouldn't you say that there's a strong link between intelligence and capacity for objectivity? Can intelligence be linked to type? I doubt any strong correlation can be established.

    As a parting thought, try talking to an ENFP as they go through a thought process objectively. They are quite capable, depending upon the individual, they just choose to ignore it at points and pay more attention to what they feel.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  4. #84
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It is true, on its own terms. Lack of concern for reality itself is a plus for objectivity.
    I would seem like it would be counterproductive to... you know... fact based reasoning...

    expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You're the 2nd ENTJ in this thread to come up with a function theory as to why ENTJs are the most objective. In practice, it is obvious they are not very objective on average. This demonstrates the malleability and uselessness of function theory, and recursively the unobjectivity of ENTJs.

    Would you feel better if I started a thread naming all the things ENTJs do better than INTPs? Because these things exist.
    "In practice [...]" is not evidence for your statement.

    Your last sentence is irrelevant to the content of my post and is of a subjective and relational nature.

    You have shown twice in the same post that your thinking is subjective.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Xander: Conviction can result from objectivity as easily as with subjectivity. It is the method for achieving such conviction which is a matter of discussion.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    "In practice [...]" is not evidence for your statement.

    Your last sentence is irrelevant to the content of my post and is of a subjective and relational nature.

    You have shown twice in the same post that your thinking is subjective.
    I wasn't providing evidence, and I knew that. If you view the thread, you'll see I've made very little effort to provide evidence of any kind. I am sharing my observations, and you can take them or leave them.

    My last sentence was an objective attempt to cater to your subjectivity.

  8. #88
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Xander: Conviction can result from objectivity as easily as with subjectivity. It is the method for achieving such conviction which is a matter of discussion.
    Semantics will now ensue

    Conviction is emotional. Conclusion is objective.

    If INTPs are the most objective of types then why can they not achieve the simplest of things without recourse to redundant thinking and posturing. It has been my experience that an INTP will try to reinvent the wheel before he or she will accept that it is a valid solution. Such is based in subjectivity as is the whole problem with authority. INTPs like to validate data for themselves but in doing so they are inferring themselves as an authority, which is entirely subjective.

    Note I do not argue that under certain parameters which you have stated or inferred that INTPs are very objective. What I do question is the foundation for these parameters.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #89
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    If we consider that in principle:

    b) Extraverts are concerned with the outer (objective) world and introverts are concerned with the inner (subjective) world.
    You are doing this:

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    +1
    Objectivity has a number of different meanings which are often confused.

    In this context, it isn't about preoccupation with object vs subject, which are Extravert/Introvert libido issues. It is about impersonality.
    Don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #90
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    If INTPs are the most objective of types then why can they not achieve the simplest of things without recourse to redundant thinking and posturing. It has been my experience that an INTP will try to reinvent the wheel before he or she will accept that it is a valid solution.
    Thinking is NEVER redundant.
    Posturing is optional.

    I see this as an attempt to be truly objective - i.e. thinking your way all around an issue, coming at it from different sides (forgive the redundancy). The problem is that some problems can't be solved in this way, and that's when our noodles get caboodled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NTs.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO