User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Definitions of objective used are:

-not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion

-expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations

Most Objective: INTP...ENTP...INTJ...ENTJ: Least Objective

I'm confident in this assertion as it pertains to "the typical bearer of type," though I'm sure someone disagrees. As to its importance...Advantage could be gained in dealing with people of these types by way of adjusting initial trust. One who isn't as concerned with self-advancement or control as one is with remaining objective is less likely to deceive.

LOL this post is funny. How long are you going to pull our leg until you tell us that this is a joke?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I think I'd classify objectivity as out of the scale of MBTI. As it's only about processes and not how they are applied I'd be concerned about labelling any type as objective especially as it would be used to serve those who claim superior function from their type alone.

As an example, an INTP beliving themselves to be objective may take a stance which is radically different from others. Now this in and of itself is not a reason to evaluate objectivity. However their assertion becomes that they have come to this decision in an objective manner and are unsurprised that other's don't get it because they aren't as objective in terms of MBTI. This most often leads to the person defending their decision with gusto. Gusto = inclusion of emotion and tends to lead to subjective reasoning or subjective motivation (not that I can think of objective motivation).... in fact that's a good point, a truely objective person would not do anything. It requires subjectivity to declare things as important unless we are seprating the contructed environment within which the objective solution is designed.

I would say that it is my considered opinion that objectivity does not exist except within tightly defined and subjective parameters. Perhaps NTs are the best at defining these parameters and of the NTs INTPs have the greatest tendancy to define. So yeah, under those subjective parameters INTPs are the best at it... ENTPs, I'd imagine, would be the worst due to the tendancy to break their own parameters as needed (they are more flexible than a well oiled and superheated slinky)..

Ergo INTP, ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's no joke. And I disagree with Xander here, in more ways than one. It's not related to type, yet you include your own scale? You've lost me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It's no joke. And I disagree with Xander here, in more ways than one. It's not related to type, yet you include your own scale? You've lost me!
    +1
    Objectivity has a number of different meanings which are often confused.

In this context, it isn't about preoccupation with object vs subject, which are Extravert/Introvert libido issues. It is about impersonality. Therefore, dominant Ts /inferior Fs are going to win on this front.

That gives us INTPs and ISTPs. Of these two, the ISTP preoccupation with the concrete precludes true objectivity.

INTP wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

The point was that objectivity cannot be determined upon an objective scale and therefore I used a specific subjective scale to build my conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    +1
    Objectivity has a number of different meanings which are often confused.

In this context, it isn't about preoccupation with object vs subject, which are Extravert/Introvert libido issues. It is about impersonality. Therefore, dominant Ts /inferior Fs are going to win on this front.

That gives us INTPs and ISTPs. Of these two, the ISTP preoccupation with the concrete precludes true objectivity.

INTP wins.
    There's a flaw in that thinking. Ts tend to be less well developed at dealing with emotion and can let it creep in the backdoor undermining their objectivity. Also as Ss are concerned more with fact than with pattern it could be said that they are also more likely to be objective.

Like I said it's not type related. The most objective person would be someone who is able to see the most points of view and though ENTP is the most likely candidate they often let competition get in the way. I would conclude that the most likely "type" to be objective would be someone who had pretty much NO preference for one way of thinking over another. An XXXX. Good luck in finding one of those!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That's one of the more confusing things I've read today!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

To be sure, my scale wasn't based on theory, least of all function theory, but observation of people with the four types.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    It is true, on its own terms. Lack of concern for reality itself is a plus for objectivity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    There's a flaw in that thinking. Ts tend to be less well developed at dealing with emotion and can let it creep in the backdoor
    Don't agree. This only applies in personal matters - at which we tend to suck. If you are talking pure theoretical objective thought, we are unsurpassed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    That's because you can't be objective about it