User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    My subjectivity is like a tiny, tiny mouse, and my objectivity the tiger who hungers for it, though it would make an unworthy meal.
    I kind of see it more like the mouse and the elephant.

Except of course, I know that analogies introduce subjectivity into my thinking, and would never use an analogy like that, even to make a point.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I kind of see it more like the mouse and the elephant.

Except of course, I know that analogies introduce subjectivity into my thinking, and would never use an analogy like that, even to make a point.
    Note to self: ISTPs are Sensors. Interesting...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

*Jedi mind trick* This is not the Jack you are angry with.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

LMAO we've already been here... there was a thread very similar a while ago - remember it PT?? I think it started off as something like 'war of objectivity' pitting ENTP's and INTP's against each other, but ended up encompassing all types and getting pretty heated.

I actually think ISTP's are the most objective, IME. Dunno how it works, but they always seem the least likely to get het up or personally involved, they're nearly always pretty even handed if arbitrating. ISTP's FTW.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    LMAO we've already been here... there was a thread very similar a while ago - remember it PT?? I think it started off as something like 'war of objectivity' pitting ENTP's and INTP's against each other, but ended up encompassing all types and getting pretty heated.
    Oh yah, I remember. I was even going to link it.

Then I remember what happened last time To be fair, Jack did offer definitions this time

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Thank God INTJs don't care if they're "objective" or not, only if the situation works to our advantage. :P

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I saw the other thread, but this one includes all rationals and is brimming with truth.

nonsequitur: Yes, of course. This is why INTJs are less objective.

I didn't say, or mean to say, it was a scale of quality, only objectivity.

MBTI
    ENTP

nonsequitur, I was thinking something similar, except that I thought "I don't care that much if it's objective, more about whether it's valid."

Cos like, if one ENTJ makes a subjective observation that he expects INTP's to be lazy, it's easy for the INTP to shrug it off on the basis of its subjectivity; it doesn't however mean it's not valid. If 100 people independently draw the same subjective conclusion, then that conclusion's validity is mounting towards the undeniable. Yet the INTP will still shrug it off because it's subjective.

I think ENTP is more concerned with getting at the truth, whatever it is and however you get at it; it's knowable on sight quite often, whether that be subjective or not. INTP is just obsessed with objectivity and the irony is, it can't really hear much truth past the noise of all the bees in its bonnet.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I think ENTP is more concerned with getting at the truth, whatever it is and however you get at it; it's knowable on sight quite often, whether that be subjective or not. INTP is just obsessed with objectivity and the irony is, it can't really hear much truth past the noise of all the bees in its bonnet.
    I appreciate this, because it demonstrates INTP>ENTP with regard to objectivity. If, of course, you are ENTP, which you are.

ENTPs are too concerned with action and world modification to have the objectivity of the INTP.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

good god, people. just let him have it.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery