INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Your rock is object to the subject.

The rock as such is beyond perception.
    That was my initial thought. I'm trying to become more moderate in my thinking as I progress.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I saw that in the beginning but decided not to smart ass Jack and try to "correct" his definition. However perhaps an INTP 5 is very detached... but not particularly objective. The most objective in such a way I'd guess as being an ENTJ. They are the ones who are most likely to decide what an entire organisation SHOULD be doing according to their grand scheme and then reorganise people as they see fit. Sure you may not see the detachment first up but it's evident in the process which happens before they get embroiled in the whole hammering square peg into round hole process.
    Having an agenda entails the opposite of being objective.

MBTI
    INTP

That was my initial thought. I'm trying to become more moderate in my thinking as I progress.
    Good lad.
    Moderation is distance. Distance is perception.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Having an agenda entails the opposite of being objective.
    Not necessarily. Having an agenda means you're trying to DO something with all that perception. That's nothing wrong... well unless you're a classic INTP 5... then it's just pure eeeeevil.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Good lad.
    Moderation is distance. Distance is perception.
    Arf.

Do you find you get dizzy doing that? I mean all that zooming up to try and see the detail and then zooming back out again... I'm more surprised I cans till tie my shoe laces each day!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Not necessarily. Having an agenda means you're trying to DO something with all that perception.
    Objectivity isn't the same as perception. It's a mode of perceiving.

As soon as you have solidified your position, formulated an agenda and started trying to DO something about it, you've lost your objectivity. You've moved from perceiving to judging.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Objectivity isn't the same as perception. It's a mode of perceiving.

As soon as you have solidified your position, formulated an agenda and started trying to DO something about it, you've lost your objectivity. You've moved from perceiving to judging.
    The only manner in which a person can observe and not classify nor quantify is if they are in a coma, or they're actually a CCTV camera. Everything else involves judgement.

Besides, objectivity (if that is correct by your description) is useless and illogical. What is the point of seeing in perfect clarity if it requires you to be brain dead in the first place?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The only manner in which a person can observe and not classify nor quantify is if they are in a coma, or they're actually a CCTV camera. Everything else involves judgement.

Besides, objectivity (if that is correct by your description) is useless and illogical. What is the point of seeing in perfect clarity if it requires you to be brain dead in the first place?
    I can't believe an INTP would ask these questions in earnest.
    Are you sure you're not an INTJ?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I can't believe an INTP would ask these questions in earnest.
    Are you sure you're not an INTJ?
    Definitely.

For one I'm still arguing the point. If I was an INTJ then you'd just have been declared as wrong several posts back and I'd not have returned except to look at your posts with scorn

Though really, do you actually think that as soon as any kind of narrowing of the field is done then objectivity is lost? Man I thought I was a purist. Oh and in which case then aren't you not an INTP, speaking objectively? Surely you do things which are un INTPly and therefore you're aren't an INTP at all.

Have you read Popper? (Or taken too many )

So if you're only being objective if you don't decide anything about something then you've no idea what it is and can't actually call it an objective look less you become subjective.

I'm sorry but how is this NOT madness?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm sorry but how is this NOT madness?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Like INTPc it's amusing to read a lot of stuff written by objective robots (not that this is what's going on here, merely an extreme case to show the contrast) when what you're reading has such emotion laced within it.

Also part of this thread is devoted to defining the nuances of what is this "objective" and also defining other items as well. Surely if all the INTPs were objective then agreement could be reached very quickly as to what things were to be labelled as. The fact that there is disagreement kinda shows that either it's not yet been found (a favourite stand of any decent INTP) or that it's mired in subjectivity.

Perhaps I'm being too perfectionistic about this? It's common.
    That's weird. I missed this post. And yet I immediately wrote about robots straight after.

Anyway...
    I've said this already, but since you aren't going to read the thread, Mr Pretty Vacant, I'll say it again:
    Objective <> correct.
    You can be objectively wrong.
    If all INTPs agreed on a definition, that would make us all equally brilliant. Some of us are more INTP than others.