User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

This thread is one big illustration of why INTP's are not objective. It's both hilarious and sad at the same time. Ultimately I think pt is right when he said (somewhere in this thread) that there can be obective people of any type (and of course subjective people of any type as well).
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    This thread is one big illustration of why INTP's are not objective. It's both hilarious and sad at the same time. Ultimately I think pt is right when he said (somewhere in this thread) that there can be obective people of any type (and of course subjective people of any type as well).
    You stole my idea! Or maybe we just had the same idea.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I'm not sure what's the funniest though, the idea or the not noticing of the whole irony.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Errmmm can I just say OH MY WORD... this is getting WAY too silly now.

Objective is in relation to the object no? Well then you'd be better off first looking at those who deal with the object than the self no? So that's INTJ or ENTJ... shocking...

Btw if testing is irrelevant then details are irrelevant... as is this discussion and many others. Kinda removes the point of interaction if you ask me.

Anyhow the most objective person is one who recognises their own inability to be objctive. That is more likely to be INTPs admitedly but the whole obsession with some fine distinction way past when it is of any use kinda of makes them a little too driven to be all that objective.

To make it about the ball you have to be able to put the damn thing down once in a while so you can see it.

Anyhow... may I ask why this even came up? Is it for predictive purposes or merely a mine's bigger than yours?
    Objective is not in relation to the object.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm not sure what's the funniest though, the idea or the not noticing of the whole irony.
    Rather than giggling away, it might be more constructive to explain what you mean....for the ironically-challenged amongst us.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Objective is not in relation to the object.
    Please expand... need detail.

The way I was looking at it was from the point of view that objective is discovered where as subjective is more extrapolated. Hence objective is more directly linked to the object (okay it should be "the subject of whatever" but that's crossing object and subject over which tends to confuse). If I am considering a rock then I can consider what it means to me but that's making me the focus where as to consider the rock as a rock is more objective as it retains focus upon the rock itself.

That's not very well explained.. I'm tired.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Rather than giggling away, it might be more constructive to explain what you mean....for the ironically-challenged amongst us.
    It's not supposed to be a competetive statement you know..

Like INTPc it's amusing to read a lot of stuff written by objective robots (not that this is what's going on here, merely an extreme case to show the contrast) when what you're reading has such emotion laced within it.

Also part of this thread is devoted to defining the nuances of what is this "objective" and also defining other items as well. Surely if all the INTPs were objective then agreement could be reached very quickly as to what things were to be labelled as. The fact that there is disagreement kinda shows that either it's not yet been found (a favourite stand of any decent INTP) or that it's mired in subjectivity.

Perhaps I'm being too perfectionistic about this? It's common.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Too tired to read the thread?

We are equating objectivity with impersonality here (not with OBJECTS).

Perhaps we should change the thread title to the "NT impersonality scale".

NTs are often described as robots. Doesn't get much more impersonal than that.

Proposed revision:

Most Robotic: ROBOT...INTP...ENTP...INTJ...ENTJ: Least Robotic

MBTI
    INTP

Please expand... need detail.

The way I was looking at it was from the point of view that objective is discovered where as subjective is more extrapolated. Hence objective is more directly linked to the object (okay it should be "the subject of whatever" but that's crossing object and subject over which tends to confuse). If I am considering a rock then I can consider what it means to me but that's making me the focus where as to consider the rock as a rock is more objective as it retains focus upon the rock itself.

Your rock is object to the subject.

The rock as such is beyond perception.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Too tired to read the thread?

We are equating objectivity with impersonality here (not with OBJECTS).

Perhaps we should change the thread title to the "NT impersonality scale".

NTs are often described as robots. Doesn't get much more impersonal than that.

Proposed revision:

Most Robotic: ROBOT...INTP...ENTP...INTJ...ENTJ: Least Robotic
    I saw that in the beginning but decided not to smart ass Jack and try to "correct" his definition. However perhaps an INTP 5 is very detached... but not particularly objective. The most objective in such a way I'd guess as being an ENTJ. They are the ones who are most likely to decide what an entire organisation SHOULD be doing according to their grand scheme and then reorganise people as they see fit. Sure you may not see the detachment first up but it's evident in the process which happens before they get embroiled in the whole hammering square peg into round hole process.