User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    ISTP is the most objective type in my subjective opinion. Oh my god a non N as the most objective........blasphemy!!!
    Maybe if the subjectivity of S could be sidelined occasionally, several ISTPs here would have noticed the relative objectivity of anyone but NTs wasn't the topic of discussion.

I used NTs only because I felt like I could see the patterns clearly. I don't have a complete 16-type view on the matter.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Being aware of your inadequacies is not the same as being objective about them...you might be underestimating or overestimating them due to the impact of personal feelings. For instance, INTPs are (supposedly) highly self-critical, which might lead one to over-estimate their own inadequacies.
    I did not address the subject of objectivity.
    I have no knowledge or opinion on the subject.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    You realize, of course, that Bluewing is probably going to view that as a personal challenge? This could be interesting...and loooong.
    Sure, but I'm not concerned about their subjective opinion on their own objectivity. Given the definition and the framework of MBTI, it's not hard to create a construct that supports it.

The whole point of this, however, is that none of it is objective in the first place. Only those that are talking about how to test it are objective. And that doesn't seem to be type based at all.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    The whole point of this, however, is that none of it is objective in the first place. Only those that are talking about how to test it are objective. And that doesn't seem to be type based at all.
    That's just the S method, requiring that it be testable. It can be observed if you're equipped for it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's just the S method, requiring that it be testable. It can be observed if you're equipped for it.
    Jack 1, S 0.

Ss can't be objective about theories which can't be verified by facts.
    They think them irrelevant. That's not an objective position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISTP

Right, exactly... Not reaching a conclusion until it is supported by facts, as in, tested in an objective way, as in empirical evidence, as in without bias.

That's the point!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Jack 1, S 0.

Ss can't be objective about theories which can't be verified by facts.
    They think them irrelevant. That's not an objective position.
    Say what?

The definition in the OP is literally the opposite;

expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations

The whole point is that theories that aren't supported are inherently a subjective opinion. It must be validated in order for it to become objective, through facts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Say what? .
    You heard.
    Are you telling me theoretical physicists lack objectivity?
    For the third time. Objectivity is not about objects or real world entities.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

The definition in the OP is literally the opposite;

expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations.
    Conditions are observable, and aren't necessarily provable, if you want to get technical, as I can see you do.

Trying to prove S more objective than N, an irrelevant notion anyway as far as the OP is concerned, smacks of personal agenda, which is, of course, quite subjective. I've already said I disagree with the notion, as some others have, but that's neither here nor there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Trying to prove S more objective than N, an irrelevant notion anyway as far as the OP is concerned....

Have you read the OP recently?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post

Have you read the OP recently?
    Wha? It's about NTs, not Ss.