User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Purely theoretical stuff IS what matters though. Just try to refute an INTPs thinking after they've carefully constructed it...
    I don't have an emotional relationship with the products of my mind. Once birthed they exist on their own and can defend themselves. I don't think this attitude is untypical. In fact, this is what often produces conflict - if you operate in this way you may assume that other people do, when in fact, they treat their pet theories like...well...pets. I.e. emotional investment, which clouds clarity and produces conflict rather than debate.
    Oh and wouldn't you say that there's a strong link between intelligence and capacity for objectivity? Can intelligence be linked to type? I doubt any strong correlation can be established.
    No, I don't think there is a strong link between intelligence and objectivity. Not at all.
    As a parting thought, try talking to an ENFP as they go through a thought process objectively. They are quite capable, depending upon the individual, they just choose to ignore it at points and pay more attention to what they feel.
    Now, you're just playing Devil's Advocate - you objective INTP you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ok. I guess I can agree with that since I am loath to do something if I'm going to be incompetent at it.
    Then it's a good thing that you are so objective about your own skills.

Unlike some IxTPs I know

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Then it's a good thing that you are so objective about your own skills.

Unlike some IxTPs I know
    I'm not sure if it's because I'm an INTJ or because I'm an enne 4,
    but I am painfully aware of my inadequacies.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The prime problem with that assessment is that it's wrong.

ENTJs aren't objective. They're very active in making things the way they think they should be, and seem to always take personal motivation into account when speaking or acting.
    The objectivity of an action can be judged by those who take place not only in the external world but in the mind as well. As far as the performing of actions in the external world ENTJs (and ENTPs for that matter) do tend to perform actions in order to feed an underlying motivation, however, the facts and figures by which they interpret the course of these actions are done so in a very objective, and logical way. Such is the manner of Dominant Thinking. An ENTJ is not likely to vote for a presidential candidate "just because it feels right" but instead based on a list of figures obtained about that candidate. An ENTP will, on the other hand, perform an action just because it's fun. An INTJ, another Dominant Intuitive, will often form opinions largely based off of an intuitive insight rather than a strictly logical work-through.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You're arguing against something I'm not arguing for.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You're arguing against something I'm not arguing for.
    :confused:
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's the underlying motivation you speak of which is more subjective in the average ENTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Note to self: Don't depend on INTPs to be objective about their objectivity.

That'd require them to actually come up with reasons for putting themselves first.
    You realize, of course, that Bluewing is probably going to view that as a personal challenge? This could be interesting...and loooong.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I'm not sure if it's because I'm an INTJ or because I'm an enne 4,
    but I am painfully aware of my inadequacies.
    Being aware of your inadequacies is not the same as being objective about them...you might be underestimating or overestimating them due to the impact of personal feelings. For instance, INTPs are (supposedly) highly self-critical, which might lead one to over-estimate their own inadequacies.

ISTP is the most objective type in my subjective opinion. Oh my god a non N as the most objective........blasphemy!!!