User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 208

  1. #101
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Purely theoretical stuff IS what matters though. Just try to refute an INTPs thinking after they've carefully constructed it...
    I don't have an emotional relationship with the products of my mind. Once birthed they exist on their own and can defend themselves. I don't think this attitude is untypical. In fact, this is what often produces conflict - if you operate in this way you may assume that other people do, when in fact, they treat their pet theories like...well...pets. I.e. emotional investment, which clouds clarity and produces conflict rather than debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Oh and wouldn't you say that there's a strong link between intelligence and capacity for objectivity? Can intelligence be linked to type? I doubt any strong correlation can be established.
    No, I don't think there is a strong link between intelligence and objectivity. Not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    As a parting thought, try talking to an ENFP as they go through a thought process objectively. They are quite capable, depending upon the individual, they just choose to ignore it at points and pay more attention to what they feel.
    Now, you're just playing Devil's Advocate - you objective INTP you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #102
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ok. I guess I can agree with that since I am loath to do something if I'm going to be incompetent at it.
    Then it's a good thing that you are so objective about your own skills.

    Unlike some IxTPs I know

  3. #103
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Then it's a good thing that you are so objective about your own skills.

    Unlike some IxTPs I know
    I'm not sure if it's because I'm an INTJ or because I'm an enne 4,
    but I am painfully aware of my inadequacies.

  4. #104
    Senior Member LunarMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The prime problem with that assessment is that it's wrong.

    ENTJs aren't objective. They're very active in making things the way they think they should be, and seem to always take personal motivation into account when speaking or acting.
    The objectivity of an action can be judged by those who take place not only in the external world but in the mind as well. As far as the performing of actions in the external world ENTJs (and ENTPs for that matter) do tend to perform actions in order to feed an underlying motivation, however, the facts and figures by which they interpret the course of these actions are done so in a very objective, and logical way. Such is the manner of Dominant Thinking. An ENTJ is not likely to vote for a presidential candidate "just because it feels right" but instead based on a list of figures obtained about that candidate. An ENTP will, on the other hand, perform an action just because it's fun. An INTJ, another Dominant Intuitive, will often form opinions largely based off of an intuitive insight rather than a strictly logical work-through.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    You're arguing against something I'm not arguing for.

  6. #106
    Senior Member LunarMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You're arguing against something I'm not arguing for.
    :confused:
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    It's the underlying motivation you speak of which is more subjective in the average ENTJ.

  8. #108
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Note to self: Don't depend on INTPs to be objective about their objectivity.

    That'd require them to actually come up with reasons for putting themselves first.
    You realize, of course, that Bluewing is probably going to view that as a personal challenge? This could be interesting...and loooong.

  9. #109
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I'm not sure if it's because I'm an INTJ or because I'm an enne 4,
    but I am painfully aware of my inadequacies.
    Being aware of your inadequacies is not the same as being objective about them...you might be underestimating or overestimating them due to the impact of personal feelings. For instance, INTPs are (supposedly) highly self-critical, which might lead one to over-estimate their own inadequacies.

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    ISTP is the most objective type in my subjective opinion. Oh my god a non N as the most objective........blasphemy!!!

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NTs.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO