• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ parents

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
This is for the INTJs.

What type are your parents? if you know

I'm not sure what type my dad is, but my mom is an ISFJ.

I'm interested to see if there is any correlation.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mom, I think, is an IxFP. Not sure about my father.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
My mother is almost certainly ISFJ, but if not, then she's INFJ.
Dad is hard to place, ESTP? Something like that.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
Dad fits ESTJ very well

Mom seems to fit ISFJ or INFJ.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
My mother is an ENFJ; my father is most likely an ESFJ.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Both my parents test as ESFJs, but I think my dad's really an ESTJ (career military, type A personality).

My nephew is an INTJ his parents are ENFP and ISTP.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My firstborn appears to be an INTJ. She is the spawn of myself and an INTP.

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
I just typed my parents, my father died when I was 17 so I don't know how accurate this is and my mother wouldn't get on the internet to take a test like this for any reason, so with that in mind here:

mother: ISFJ
father : ISTP

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't have one. I was just seeing if there was any obvious relationship.

R

RDF

I don't have one. I was just seeing if there was any obvious relationship.

There are lots of Feeler mothers reported (although Economica is an exception).

There's an old pop psychology hypothesis that overly protective or controlling parents (particularly the main nurturing parent) will make a child feel smothered and wanting to seek more independence. On the other hand, a primary nurturing parent who is distant or emotionally cool supposedly results in a clingy, needy kid.

Obviously it's not a hard and fast rule. The degree to which a child feels either "smothered" or "abandoned" (and hence turn out independent or clingy) can be affected by lots of things; number of siblings, birth order among siblings, childhood illnesses or traumas, etc.

But it's worth bringing up the hypothesis, given all the INTJs reporting Feeler (IOW presumably relatively protective or "smothering") mothers.

FL

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Interesting theory, although it could also be mistyping. Personally I have a hard time typing women on the T/F scale, at least.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know what my mom was overly protective, she certainly wasn't smothering. What she is, though, is a nurse.

Maybe most INTJ children have mothers who're nurses? :unsure:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know what my mom was overly protective, she certainly wasn't smothering. What she is, though, is a nurse.

Maybe most INTJ children have mothers who're nurses? :unsure:
You must be joking.