• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ parents

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My mom took a test and got ISFJ and it fits her I think. She kind of dismissed the whole personality types as useless. She said she didn't want to think about it, as she had more important stuff to worry about like work. and she didn't have time to be worried about something that useless. I think my dad is INTP, It's the type that fits him the best. One day I might see about him taking the test.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
My mom took a test and got ISFJ and it fits her I think. She kind of dismissed the whole personality types as useless. She said she didn't want to think about it, as she had more important stuff to worry about like work.

I've never met an ISFJ irl who actually believed MBTI.

Zhash

My mother is an ESFJ. She was a divorced mother raising an only child (me). I never got what I needed. I was always in the mother role and she was always in the child role. It was tough and it took me longer to move forward because of lack of support. She didn't expose me to opportunities that would make me grow. I had to do it on my own.

Luckily, my children (INFJ and ENTJ) had an INTJ mother and an INTP father. They are well-adjusted, high achieving children who have married INFJ and INTJ partners. They got everything they needed from their parents to move forward and become independent.

Mac

MBTI Type
INTJ
My mom took the test and got ENFP. I think her 'P' is weak because, although she often is spontaneous, she does like things organized.

I couldn't get my dad to take the test (said he was too busy at the moment so maybe I'll get him to take it some other time). As far as I can tell, he's an ISTP. We are a lot alike, so his 'I' and 'T' are probably strong like mine are. I am not completely sure he's an 'P'.

People say I'm similar in personality to my dad and my brother is like my mom. It makes sense because I'm an INTJ, and my dad's probably an ISTP. My brother is an ESFP and mom's an ENFP.

Insidious 3

MBTI Type
INTJ
My Dad died when i was 14, but i'm pretty sure he was an ISTP.
My Mums an INTJ, but like all women she has a fairly strong feeling side.
I also have an ESFP brother, which is sort of strange coming from my parents i think.

creativeRhino

MBTI Type
INTJ
both parents are long dead but this is what I think -

Mother - INFP
Father - ISFJ

my parent's strong Fness (and my sister is probably and INFP) got me really avoiding the F thing - too much needless stress!

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
My dad is an INTJ and my mom is an ENFJ.

It's interesting for her as everyone else in the house is both an introvert and a thinker.

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My dad is an INFP to the core, but my mom is a bit tougher to type. Before I ever asked her about type, I always thought of her in my mind as like an ENFJ. When she took the test she got ENTP, and then later on when I was talking about an ENFP, she said something to the nature of "Oh I think I might be one of those, actually"

I'm pretty sure, in fact, that the quote is almost verbatim.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
My mother is INFJ, and I don't know my father's type. xxTP - he died when I was 13 so I don't have much to go on.

My mom's the only NF in a family full of NTs and STJs. I think that's probably hard.

Last edited:

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Father: ISFP
Mother: ESFP

Over the past semester I saw my dad and his side of the family, and having met him in person, he's an ISFP.

My mom is a self-professed "adrenaline-junkie." Her job as an EMT satisfies that well, I figure, although she is going to school...for something.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
My mother is an abusive ESFP, we're polar opposites. My father was aparently an ISFJ (I have his original MBTI test). My stepdad was an I and that's all I know. Mother may be ESTP, come to think of it. Probably is.

I've never seen a "parent" in my mother and my biological father died when I was 9. My stepdad isn't in the picture anymore either, so I think I subconciously relate to some of my teachers or friends' parents as "parental figures". I know the ones I'm closest to were an INFP, two INT's of some sort(both male), and most likely an ENFP, though only one has been tested.

Then again its not what I prefer, its what I'm given.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Father: ISTJ
Mother: INFJ (schizophrenic, difficult to type)

I subconciously relate to some of my teachers or friends' parents as "parental figures".
I'm similar like this in that I see my close friend's parents more like a parental figure to me then my real parents. My mother skipped out of my life when I was five. My father was an abusive alcoholic (although he's cleaned up a lot in the past few years).

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
Father: ISTJ
Mother: INFJ (schizophrenic, difficult to type)

I'm similar like this in that I see my close friend's parents more like a parental figure to me then my real parents. My mother skipped out of my life when I was five. My father was an abusive alcoholic (although he's cleaned up a lot in the past few years).

Yeah. I dunno, there's these periods where I see myself as better off for learning how to deal on my own and such, but other times where I actually get almost mad (if it can be called anger) because of how much my friends have with their parents.

Do you ever get that?

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah. I dunno, there's these periods where I see myself as better off for learning how to deal on my own and such, but other times where I actually get almost mad (if it can be called anger) because of how much my friends have with their parents.

Do you ever get that?
Pretty much. I do get a bit envious of the traditional healthy family image. But then I think, "Oh well."

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
My father is ESFP and my mother is ISTJ, and they get along swimmingly. Nobody in my family drinks or smokes and everybody is (relatively) sane.

The two of you feel free to envy me.