• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you answer your phone?

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm INTJ and I rarely answer the phone. I have an answering machine, leave me a message.

I don't have a cell either.

I also don't open the door when the doorbell rings unless I'm expecting someone.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Nahh... I can't say I do with any consistency. I'm not one for talking on the phone, although on brief occasions I've been known to engage in lengthy conversations.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I don’t know who it is, I ignore, they can leave a message if it’s important then I can ignore that too. If I do know them it’s still only 50/50.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, I ignore the phone as a rule. Sometimes I'll pick up if I was expecting a call from someone, but even then the conversation is very very short. Luckily most of the people that I talk to now are also fairly anti-phone (excepting my mother). We prefer to do email.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
What is this "phone" you speak of? That small device designed to distract my concentration? I have heard of them.....

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'm INTJ and I rarely answer the phone. I have an answering machine, leave me a message.

I don't have a cell either.

I also don't open the door when the doorbell rings unless I'm expecting someone.

Same with me too. Though, anyone close to me knows not to dare come to my home unexpectedly. I only have a cell phone. The ringer is never on.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
lolz

i usually pick up my phone

people spazz out if i don't...

usually if i don't pick up bc im in class or something, ill text back "IM IN CLASS" if i saw it...

the few times i am really pissed at someone, and they know it... i'll pick up if they call on the third time in a row...

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
...I never hear my cell phone ring. Usually its on silent or I forget it at home. Lol, I'm so forgetful about these things.

I usually do not answer the house phone either. If my mom is home she will usually answer it. If she's not, someone can leave a message ;)

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
lolz

i usually pick up my phone

people spazz out if i don't...

usually if i don't pick up bc im in class or something, ill text back "IM IN CLASS" if i saw it...

the few times i am really pissed at someone, and they know it... i'll pick up if they call on the third time in a row...

Lol I have an ENFP sis, shes the same way. I LOVE to piss her off by not responding or engaging socially with her. You can see the facade slowly wear off until it turns into anger and annoyance. Its pretty great actually, a real hobby!

I'll do the one word answers and mumbling as well. Ahh I used to be more creative, but I found out that not even taking the effort is a lot more potent.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
My cellphone is turned off half the time because I just don't remember sometimes to recharge it or turn it back on. Needless to say few people try to call my cell. :laugh:

I don't exactly like answering phones either... I only do it if nobody else's around to pick it up.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Depends if I have it near me and who it is. If the person calling might have something of direct interest at the time (minus work related), I'll answer it. If not, then it depends on mood.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Lol I have an ENFP sis, shes the same way. I LOVE to piss her off by not responding or engaging socially with her. You can see the facade slowly wear off until it turns into anger and annoyance. Its pretty great actually, a real hobby!

I'll do the one word answers and mumbling as well. Ahh I used to be more creative, but I found out that not even taking the effort is a lot more potent.

haha sounds like the sister is an older sister?

:nono:

LOLZ!

T

ThatGirl

Most of the time when I do not answer my phone it is not of neglect but of completly not realizing my phone was ringing or even existed.

Havent you ever done that?

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
One of the most annoying sounds in my life is the phone ringing. If it's not somebody I appreciate, I won't pick it. My parents get angry on me because I never pick calls that are for them while they're away, but, if the person who calls is really interested... they'll call again later or to their mobiles.

D

Dali

I almost always pick up and feel like I'm being impolite when I do ignore a call.

On the flipside, I switch my mobile off every night before I go to sleep and switch it on every morning. Every other day, I'll notice that I had a missed call at 3 or 4 AM. WTF is up with those people?

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Canceled my home phone years ago.

I only answer my mobile if I have absolutely nothing better to do, if it's an unknown number, I won't answer him unless he calls me for the tenth or so time, if it's someone I know, there's a 1 out of 5 chance of me answering. If I actually answer the phone and the matter takes longer, than 5 minutes to inform me, I'll hang up. If anyone needs me, they have to drop a message to me via e-mail or meet me face to face.

Needless to say, I don't get too many calls to my phone anymore.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
half the time, I forget where my phone is. My friends and family have learned to live with this, though most reluctantly.