User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 286

  1. #21
    Senior Member chatoyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    122

    Default YES

    I almost always answer the phone, as I'm home doing many mundane chores that I wouldn't mind being interrupted or multi-tasked at the very least!

    I won't answer during dinner or when socializing/hosting other people at my home.

    I don't like call waiting, because I think it's rude to leave one person hanging to talk to the possibly "more important" person. I want to be respectful of who I'm talking to at the moment, unless it's a solicitor or something like that.

    I'm also one of those people who leaves long, rambling messages that I hope are entertaining to the listener!

    My type is a scary-social ENFP, of course!

  2. #22
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    You get two answers because my GF complains about me all the time...

    No; type INTP

    Yes; type INTJ

    (I hate phones. A lot.)

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    I don't like call waiting, because I think it's rude to leave one person hanging to talk to the possibly "more important" person. I want to be respectful of who I'm talking to at the moment, unless it's a solicitor or something like that.
    Oh yes, I hate call waiting, too. When someone puts me on hold to take another call, I immediately hang up and don't answer when that sheepish person calls me back. On those rare times I am actually on the phone, that is.
    "My good opinion once lost is lost forever." -- Darcy

  4. #24
    Senior Member Opivy1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    138

    Default

    I hate answering the phone I worked at a pizza delivery restaurant in college and it never quit ringing, henceforth I developed and extreme loathing for the sound. Funny I work in a call center now.
    Question everything especially yourself.

    Opivy1980

  5. #25
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    I'm also one of those people who leaves long, rambling messages that I hope are entertaining to the listener!
    I'm about to get some voicemail rage here. I hate when people do that, because it's often a pain to get their numbers if it didn't register, and I hate listening to the long, rambling messages over and over.

    I wish people like you would send text messages instead, or use the pager feature! I love the pager feature.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  6. #26
    Senior Member chatoyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I'm about to get some voicemail rage here. I hate when people do that, because it's often a pain to get their numbers if it didn't register, and I hate listening to the long, rambling messages over and over.

    I wish people like you would send text messages instead, or use the pager feature! I love the pager feature.

    Rage??

    How can you lump me in with "people like you", when you've never experienced one of my messages?? I'm an NF, I would customize to you, & make my best attempt to entertain you despite your hangups!

  7. #27
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    what if the 'hang up' is "i don't want to be 'entertained' via voice mail"?
    Last edited by digesthisickness; 06-26-2007 at 06:49 PM. Reason: clarification...as i actually do like to be entertained in most other forms

  8. #28
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    Rage??

    How can you lump me in with "people like you", when you've never experienced one of my messages?? I'm an NF, I would customize to you, & make my best attempt to entertain you despite your hangups!
    Aww, how sweet.

    I mean that I have endured many a long message from long-winded people that couldn't get to the point. Your comment seemed to indicate you did that.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  9. #29
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    okay then, guess i was only talking about me.

  10. #30
    Member Entropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    58

    Default

    With the house phone, I never pick it up. Ever. I don't look to see who it is.
    With my cell phone, I at least check who it is. Depending on the day, mood etc. I may or may not pick it up.
    I hate phones.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you know your ABCs...
    By proteanmix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-20-2017, 05:34 PM
  2. What do you use your phone for the most?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 12:27 PM
  3. How do you and your type dress?
    By CzeCze in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 11:53 PM
  4. "Control freaks": how do you view your underlings??
    By chatoyer in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 04:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO