User Tag List

First 1826272829 Last

Permabanned

yup

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

I hope this image hasn't been already posted, as I only skimmed through the thread.

Truth is, I don't have many contacts, but such an attitude does make perfect sense to me. As an INTJ, I rarely answer the phone because I don't see how it could bring me something of any interest. Also, if someone makes a remark similar to "You didn't answer the phone..." expecting some sort of explanation, I assume, I always give them a very short and positive reply: yeah.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

rarely unless its coming from someone at some specific time that might make it seem important...or...from someone that i asked to call me.

i hate the phone tho....most of the time
    except for the rare 2 hour phone conversation with my mother or an old friend
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The phone is the bane of my existence. I always wait for the message to go to voicemail first to decide if I want to call back. Exceptions would be family members and other people I'm expecting a call from, which is rare anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Can people explain why they don't like answering the phone?
    Phone calls are an unwanted interruption for me.

As an introvert, I like to think about what I want to say first and phones are more talking on your feet than say texting or email.

Many of the phone calls are junk calls and just not worth my time.

If the call truly is important, I trust that a message will be left in my voice mail.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Never answer the phone and it drives people mad! I hate the hearing the ringer, so the ringers are off. I have voice mail connected to alert me of an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    If my service's caller ID shows a number that isn't likely to be a solicitor's, I pick up the phone.
    I think the person who had a trouble and want a advice and immediately get the solicitor phone than i thinks it will be helpful for them.But now a days there are many people that just call for selling their services so that's why most of the people don't attend that calls.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    The phone is the bane of my existence. I always wait for the message to go to voicemail first to decide if I want to call back. Exceptions would be family members and other people I'm expecting a call from, which is rare anyway.

Phone calls are an unwanted interruption for me.

As an introvert, I like to think about what I want to say first and phones are more talking on your feet than say texting or email.

Many of the phone calls are junk calls and just not worth my time.

If the call truly is important, I trust that a message will be left in my voice mail.
    I agree with everything here. I prefer to communicate by email, and save the phone for emergencies, or when I really need an immediate response. With a minimum of advance planning, I rarely do.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

People know to email me before they call and ask if I want to talk. Otherwise, I don't pick up. Not just that I don't pick up at that moment -- I may not pick the phone up even to check messages for days. I hate the phone, mostly. I do have one friend I talk to on the phone, sometimes for hours, but we just hang out together. There are long silences as well as lively conversations. If someone can just hang like that, I am fine, but if they want chitty-chatty, I can't do it and don't want to.

WhoCares

I never answer until I've listened to the voicemail and decided its something I want to deal with. Failure to leave a voicemail means I will never call you back. Curiosity doesnt get the best of me, ever. Do this even if its someone I know or a call I'm expecting. I never like to be surprised or forced to make decisions on the spot without the full possession of whatever facts I am able to get my hands on.

Contacting me requires either a voicemail or a txt stating your purpose and some hint of what you are wanting from me. I will then research and call back when I am ready to respond.

INTJ

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm not NT, but I don't think there's an NF thread like this, & I'm too lazy to make one.

99.9% of the time, I do not answer my phone (unless it's my doctors, or my crazy mother who will just call incessantly til I do pick up- or, if it's a friend who has given me advance notice that they're gonna call/need to talk/have asked if I'm free to do so 1st, via text/email).
    Overall, though, I'm like an elderly person- I screen my calls.

At this point, calling me unexpectedly is almost the same as showing up unexpectedly at my doorstep. However, if you showed up at my house (non-emergency/crisis scenario) I'd be pissed (kick my Fe diplomacy into the kitchen to fix me a drink) and tell you point-blank to fucking leave (anyone who knows where I live is aware of my "No Surprise Visits" rule). If someone calls, I'm not mad/don't feel quite as invaded.. I'm a bit.. uneasy, though. I just wait for a text or a voicemail to follow afterward. If it's important enough to call, they'll leave some kind of message.

I've been wracked with some health issues the past couple.. years.. and it's really depleted me of energy, in terms of social interaction. So, I prefer to know what the hell I'm getting into when I do engage in conversation. Much as I love my friends, sometimes I literally don't have the energy to just chat. Or to console/dissect problems, or be a sounding board for ideas (and obviously trying to avoid the "catch-up convos of "so what have you been up to?" - "oh, just being half-dead/sick" - buzzkill topic that inevitably comes up). I care but at the same time.. eh. I need a rest. Trying to explain [parts of] that to people sometimes offends them or needlessly makes them feel guilty, so I tend to just fall off the planet & leave it unknown, to a degree. A little while later, I might toss a text to them asking what going on, hoping they're well, apologizing for missing the call. And, it is sincere. I do want to make sure they're okay. And.. I am sorry I can't talk to them. I just don't go into why I can't, most of the time. They don't really always need to know. /shrug

If I don't recognize the number, and they don't leave a message, I never answer. Fuck you, Mystery Caller. If it's that important, and you really matter, you already know that I screen calls.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.