User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

MBTI
    INTP

When I hear it, yes.
    But I have a habit of leaving it under piles of clothing in another room, and it's always on vibrate. And people only seem to call me whenever I set it down and walk away.

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    When I hear it, yes.
    But I have a habit of leaving it under piles of clothing in another room, and it's always on vibrate. And people only seem to call me whenever I set it down and walk away.
    +1
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    AHH!

Usually, whenever the phone rings (well vibrates, ring tones are so loud and annoying) a big debate happens in my mind and a giant panic strikes down with a side of fear. However, if it is my significant other I will happily answer. Sometimes if it is an unknown caller I will answer out of curiosity.

Also, I won't answer if there's other people around. It's too distracting and awkward to talk to someone when you have to worry about how you sound to another person besides the one on the phone.

Maybe. Mostly no.

For the record: this enrages my SJ mother who thinks her baby chicks (age irrelevant) should be accessible to her AT ALL TIMES. NT father likes the phone as much as me. :sigh of relief:
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTJ

If the phone rings, bullshit is afoot. I will not answer it because the person on the other end wants me to fix something for them.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    If the phone rings, bullshit is afoot. I will not answer it because the person on the other end wants me to fix something for them.
    Bahahaha! QFT
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Sometimes I don't.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm not always playing with my phone like many people I see out in the world.

I use it mostly to text, call, and check my business emails.

I'm generally not a huge fan of talking on the phone and texting especially because of the inherent loss of context (i.e. non-verbal communication) between the two parties communicating. I'm kind of old school about this, but I would rather talk face to face for a minute and get what I'm trying say across than spend 5 minutes on a call trying to clarify my points, or 15 minutes texting trying to do the same thing.

Call's and texts are great as a supplement to face - to - face, but the more I observe younger generations, the more it seems like communicating through some digital interface is the default for them as opposed to you know... actually trying to communicate with another human being.

That being said, I only make calls and send txts when I actually need to get in contact with someone regarding something important. The difficulty I have conducting small talk electronically may contribute to the trouble I have with keeping in contact with old friends who moved away, and with whom I would need to call or text regularly to stay in touch.

I answer probably 97% of the phone calls I get, because I assume that if they're calling they really need to get in touch with me... now.

It is for these reasons that it pisses me the fuck off when people don't answer my calls, or more specifically those who don't get back to me in a timely manner.

Basically, flakiness drives me up the damn wall.

MBTI
    yupp

sometimes
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Not often because I hate talking on the phone - I get anxious