User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

I don't always answer, that's usually because I don't want to socialize at the moment or don't want to talk to you. But the most complains I get from forgetting the phone at home or shutting it off. I much prefer text messages over phone calls. I hate calling places, it's not as bad if someone calls me, but I still don't like using the phone.

MBTI
    ISTP

I am rather surprised. Stunned even. Didn't know so many people don't answer their phone :O My dad's an INT (INTJ if im not wrong) and he doesn't usually answer the house phone - i always found that reaally queer. Good thing this thread has shed some light on that.

My type: ENFP

I almost always answer the phone. Unless
    - i don't notice it vibrating (i have it on vibrate mode, don't like ring tones)
    - i don't want to talk to the person on the other end (at that point in time)

That said, i answer my phone approx. 70-75% of the time. If i'm busy I pick up and tell the person I'll call them back later because I'm busy now. I think that's basic courtesy, and also, i can't stand it continuing to vibrate. RIdiculous annoyance. And I don't particularly like keeping people waiting if I know they have something semi-important to say.

My best friend is an ESFJ and makes social calls about once a week, and sometimes i get totally sickk of it. She calls and I'm curt with her but she usually steamrollers on, lol. However I can't really get myself to say I want to go unless I feel like i've talked to her sufficiently long enough to satiate her. I do this only because I really value this relationship. However obviously when I really can't talk, eg. i'm at function or am rushing some piece of work, I tell her. I think that's just reasonable. I probably should work on telling her i'm not really up to a social call now because im happy reading/thinking/listening to music/doing whatever i was doing before she called.. but i think there should be balance and compromise in relationships as well. I try to accomodate her; that's how relationshps work after all.

For people i don't really know or don't care to know better, I tell them flat out that I've got to go, bye.

MBTI
    ENTP

Prefer text messages, unless I am in love with you. I will answer the phone most of the time. Hate long-winded voicemails. Recommend PhoneTag.com transcription service instead of checking voicemail.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

This question cracks me up. Of course I answer my phone unless it's someone I don't want to speak to but I always check the caller ID to see who's calling.

People who leave me voicemail though deserve a beating.

"I have no need for good souls; an accomplice is what I want"--Sartre

psychic changes are born in your heart, entertain.

Blog

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I rarely answer my phone.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'll answer the phone, but not when I'm nappin'.

I hate it when that happens.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Nope.

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    I don't always answer, that's usually because I don't want to socialize at the moment or don't want to talk to you. But the most complains I get from forgetting the phone at home or shutting it off. I much prefer text messages over phone calls. I hate calling places, it's not as bad if someone calls me, but I still don't like using the phone.
    +1
    and people get bizarrely mad at me for this. It seems counter-intuitive to get mad at someone for not answering your call, especially if you call when you know they're sleeping, but whatever...
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I always answer the phone, if I don't feel like talking I keep it short. I don't resort to text messages because that takes up more time.

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

They do take more time, but people are much more understanding if you can't answer right away. The pace can be slower, but most people won't be offended. I like a slower pace. Also, way too many people don't listen when you say, "I have to go". I don't have the heart to hang up on family.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...