User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

If it's someone I know, I answer it. If it's not and it's important, they'll leave a message. If it's not important enough to leave a message, it's not important enough for me to answer the phone. FU telemarketers!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Wow. You have managed to stun me, Littlelostnf. I'd never thought an extravert would dislike talking on the phone so much.
    You would not believe how much I hate it. I have people in my life who I know I must maintain contact with by phone (it the only way) but I have friends who are total talkers and I make up all sorts of excuses to get off the phone. I think they are starting to catch on.

Yeah not sure about the other extraverts here but for me telephone convo can be torture.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    You would not believe how much I hate it. I have people in my life who I know I must maintain contact with by phone (it the only way) but I have friends who are total talkers and I make up all sorts of excuses to get off the phone. I think they are starting to catch on.
    I've an agreement now with a few of the people I chat with on the phone, if it's getting really bad, tiring, etc, I will say "OK, I have to hang up now". Usually employed those times when I *know* I should not have picked up. Ick.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I've an agreement now with a few of the people I chat with on the phone, if it's getting really bad, tiring, etc, I will say "OK, I have to hang up now". Usually employed those times when I *know* I should not have picked up. Ick.
    My line is: "Ok I'll let you go" That's suppose to work like...wow I know you've given me your precious time so I'll let you go use it on someone more worthy. I know there are times when I know I shouldn't have picked up either...sigh.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INTJ

The old Line Going Dead might work from time to time, too. Just be sure you do it while you're talking, so as not to give it away

Really.

MBTI
    ENFJ

The old Line Going Dead might work from time to time, too. Just be sure you do it while you're talking, so as not to give it away
    Last night I was on my im and a friend of mine (I was tempted to give her type but I'll refrain) anyway she imed me and I knew it was going to be long and more about me answering questions and her finding out my or others businesss...SO I didn't respond I tried to pretend like I wasn't there (away message was on)...

Then I got the im. "Wow you're not home YET I just talked to blah blah and she said you were on your way home from her house." DRAT! Found out! About five mins later I imed...sorry I was in the shower (oooo lie) And then it began...blah blah blah blah blah blah...type type type type...then WHAT!!!...NO TYPING for about 2 mins...I'm FREE! I type..."wow I'm tired going to bed night" ...all of a sudden!!!!!! NOOOOOOO the phone rings...it's of course her. I can't just NOT pick up (I know all you T's...SURE you don't have to pick up. Tell her your ringer was off.) Sigh...she knows I don't turn the ringer off. My parents are older I can't afford to turn the ringer off. Oh well. FORCED TO PICK UP THE PHONE!

Don't get me wrong I really do like her she's lovely..just a major talker. I hate doing this cause she's the type that will ask someone else...Was Littlelost on line last night but I think...especially at night I'm going to have to block her...sigh!

MBTI
    INTJ

Ugh. I feel for you, littlelostnf. Next time you're on IM with her you're going take your phone off the hook for about 30 minutes, right?

Really.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Ugh. I feel for you, littlelostnf. Next time you're on IM with her you're going take your phone off the hook for about 30 minutes, right?
    SEE that's why I'm here...some good old fashion good advice.
    *note to self - take phone off hook*

Thanks.

MBTI
    INTJ

My pleasure

Really.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm in shock. Compared to you guys I pick up the phone a fair bit.
    Home phone: No caller ID, so I wait for them to start to leave a message. If it's my parents or a friend who lives out of state or country, I pick up, or if I feel like it.

Cell: I have Caller ID. I pick up the same way. One of my friends is very chatty, and will talk for hours, but we are both AD/HD, so we'll sometimes stop in the middle, and forget that we're talking, and he's also NT, so we're usually debating. I don't have long, fluffy conversations no matter what. If one starts, I mysteriously have something that desperately needs to be taken care of.

INTP
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce