User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by outcast View Post
    I only have a cell phone now and am pretty picky about who has my number. If I feel like talking to the person, I'll answer. Since I am an extravert - that is most of the time. My biggest dilemma is when I am already on the phone with someone and someone else I like better is calling, or someone I've been waiting on a call from. Usually I will excuse myself and switch over, but cell phones are not as good with giving you time to do so.
    I don't answer my home phone, but I usually answer my cell phone. Only people I care about have that number. If someone I'd rather be talking to calls I'll get off the phone with the person I'm talking to. I just say it's my mother.

DO NOT CALL
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFJ

I used to pick up every call however now I figure if they really want me they'll call back or leave a message. That doesn't always work tho...Once I had 48 messages dating back about a month.
    I lost my cell phone for three months and did NOTHING about replacing it. I hate talking on the phone. If it's someone far away or someone I haven't spoken to in a long while I'll talk...but just talking for the sake of talking. Nope. If I have something important to relate...I call, if not it can wait until I see you. I definately not a social call maker.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I answer my phone. I tell it to "Shut up!" when it rings!!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    I used to pick up every call however now I figure if they really want me they'll call back or leave a message. That doesn't always work tho...Once I had 48 messages dating back about a month.
    I lost my cell phone for three months and did NOTHING about replacing it. I hate talking on the phone. If it's someone far away or someone I haven't spoken to in a long while I'll talk...but just talking for the sake of talking. Nope. If I have something important to relate...I call, if not it can wait until I see you. I definately not a social call maker.
    Wow. You have managed to stun me, Littlelostnf. I'd never thought an extravert would dislike talking on the phone so much.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENFP

I have my brother answer the phone for me and say im busy.

Oberon

On more than one occasion I have begged my ISFJ wife to not get up and answer the phone. Finally, after 18 years of marriage, she's let it go a couple times.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    On more than one occasion I have begged my ISFJ wife to not get up and answer the phone. Finally, after 18 years of marriage, she's let it go a couple times.
    More and more and more confirmation every day that I am not an ISFJ. Leastways not a conventional one (and is there any other kind?).

Edit: this is mostly tongue-in-cheek.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I almost always run to pick up the phone, unless it's an 888 number. I actually felt worried and guilty that I didn't reach the phone in time once because my hands were full. I have a phone right by the bed in case someone calls me in the middle of the night. Sometimes I even talk to the telemarketers, and tell them that I'm satisfied with my current services, and offer suggestions about how they could improve their offer. In fact, I wish people (not telemarketers) would call more often.

I'm most likely an INFJ, and even if I'm not, I'll stick with that because I'm used to the idea.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post

Do you answer your phone?

And what type are you?
    1a. i rarely pick up the phone at home unless i know it is a sales call and i am in a pissy pood and feel like yelling at someone

1b. at work i mostly do but always screen who it is first. when the call could be emotionally charged, i sometimes let it go to voicemail

2. i am an INTP
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    INFP

Depends completely on my current mood, sometimes I want conversation so I will answer, and sometimes I will just cut off everyone and not answer, or be indisposed should my brother answer it.

I haven't switched the ringer off in awhile as only important people get my house number, and the mobile I can just ignore as it's caller id.

EDIT: INFP here
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"