MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Merged with ENTJ domination unneeded.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Human emotion should not be used for rational decision making, just like you shouldn't think about maximizing utility during sex but just do what feels right.
    I think most women would encourage maximum utility

(I also don't suggest applying "just getting things done" to sex)

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

Okay, fine, getting *people* done? Fine it was a bad analogy. Us ENTJs are bad with delivery. Just look at Hank Paulson!
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

Likely maximizing utility is exclusively reached by doing what feels right, taking into account the positive feedback created by female's responses to a male maximizing utility.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default How do ENTJs become likeable and less threatening to others?

Chill out and maybe pick up a weed habit, that should help.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Likely maximizing utility is exclusively reached by doing what feels right, taking into account the positive feedback created by female's responses to a male maximizing utility.
    Absolutely. I'm positive that ENTJs let women come first.

(The comment also meant to be read as "I'm pretty sure guys just doing what feels good for them does not tend to be as effective".)

Also - ENTJs, humor is not a challenge. FYI.

(Well, ok, sometimes it is. Meh!)

MBTI
    ENTJ

Honestly, drop it. It was a bad analogy.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I've gone through her entire blog (several days worth of reading) and wholeheartedly identify with the xNTJ female-who-knew-she-wanted-a-family mixed with experience-of-death-trauma-making-you-more-people-oriented-ness. That and she's posted on the fact that she's an ENTJ and seems familiar even with some of the nuances of the MBTI. I'm pretty sure if you read the exact link to the post I referenced, you'll see the Te dom.
    The post to which you linked was anecdotal and figurative only in a conventional, axiomatic sense; otherwise concrete, like an intelligent sensor's; and tawdry with details that permeate Trunk's weblog. And her writing -- is this less obvious to women? -- reads like a soap opera. Heavy on interpersonal operation, not so much on conceptual frameworks.

What you call a fact is a claim, even if it's earnest. Trunk believes she is a certain type. Are ENTJs, or types other than ESTPs, likely to be accused by critics of "expecting your looks and your chutzpah to carry the day"? Maybe. But neither NTs nor Js typically rely on tactics or impression. So taken with other available information, probably not. You may not be familiar with this observation on confusing similarities between types. It immediately came to mind when the blog post, and Trunk's other material, didn't turn out as advertised.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I can totally relate to this. If I can't have something, that only makes me want it more. I've gotten obsessive over things I didn't even really want, just because I wanted to 'win'.
    My ENTJ friend does this - I've had to shake her loose from so many things that she just clamped down on like a pitbull because it suddenly became about sticking it to someone, that she couldn't allow them to "beat" her. Does the definition of being vanquished change situationally, or is there a general idea of what the parameters are?

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I don't know about the other ENTJ's but when i'm critizised I act as if under serious fire, then the "sugar coating" goes straight off, bayonett on, charge!
    I can't stand anyone challenging me directly. I will snap and tell the person what I think, wich can be pretty harsh. Then I will hear about it a long time afterwards how awful I am to argue with. Some people call this "steamrolling". Challenges disturbs my balance, and will be evened with the ground if possible. If not possible, I will eventually find a way to get rid of the problem even if I have to get a bloody PhD, write a few books and kill a few people in the process. No but seriously. ENTJ's are "born to lead", even if intellectually suited for this or not we need to be on top. If someone challenges our social position there will be war.
    Now, I don't personally see opposing viewpoints as challenging my position. A challenge to me looks more like someone degrading my personal character. So, do most ENTJs see an alternate viewpoint as insubordination? Because I see a mixed set of rules - you want people around you that you can't push around, for the sake of respecting them, but you also don't like it when others won't acquiesce to your wishes?

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Trust me, i'm a lazy bastard most of the time, too. ^^ I just think a lot in my lazy state, and then suddenly burst into action. I'm the kind of person who can do a weeks studies in five or six hours if I get to be alone and concentrate. I could never, ever maintain that speed for an entire day, but it means that I can spend more time doing things that I like, so it's a thing that have evolved over time.
    Explain this laziness thing, because all of the NTJ's I have in my life are stricken with that, even to the point of telling me , " Oh I laid on the couch on my face for a week because I couldn't be bothered. " or " I would have called you last night but the phone was on the table and I didn't want to move." lol

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Gosh. You old smoothie!

(I was thinking the answer to the title question was "they grow up", but it didn't deserve a whole post)
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen