ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Well, this seems to be relevent.

http://entjforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=132
    Score doesn't mean anything in this setting - you can obtain a great score and still behave in a way which contradicts your supposed EQ quotient.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Score doesn't mean anything in this setting - you can obtain a great score and still behave in a way which contradicts your supposed EQ quotient.
    The same can said for IQ (predictive of career success but many at the high end are regarded as failures; similar arguments against it), but that still doesn't alter the fact that they both have predictive value up to a certain level, making them a relevent point of discussion.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Well, this seems to be relevent.

In a the recent issue of the Bulletin for Psychological Type (Vol. 29, No.3 2006), one of the authors, Henry “Dick” Thompson (2006, p. 18), reported on some of his research into EI and Type. One finding I found quite interesting was that of the 5 personality types with the highest overall EQ score, three preferred Feeling and two preferred Thinking. In fact the top 2 were ENTJ and ESTJ ! (followed by ENFJ, ESFP, and ENFP). Of the 5 personality types with the lowest overall EQ score, three were Feeling types and two were Thinking types. And surprisingly, the bottom two were Feeling types: ISFJ and INFP! People looking for a correlation between EQ and Feeling won’t find it in Thompson’s research! About the only conclusion Thompson seemed willing to risk from this study was it appears that the EQ measures have a bias towards Extraversion.
    Exactly.

EQ is a somewhat shaky concept, and there is much discussion to what it means really. Emotional Intelligence is not about being reactive to other people's emotions, but about managing your own emotions well while undertanding those of others.

Also, it might be interestesting to add that, somewhat counter-intuitively, efficacy of psychological intervention of psychotherapists is related to their degree of assertiveness, preference for rationality, and preference for organization.

La Rochefoucauld said that "The heart has its reasons that reason does not know", but I would rather say that "Reason has its heart that the heart does not feel".

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    La Rochefoucauld said that "The heart has its reasons that reason does not know", but I would rather say that "Reason has its heart that the heart does not feel".
    hmm. interesting. you're trying to find a way to reason though emotions. Do you have aspirations of being a robot? I think you are unnecessarily twisting the original quote, because there is a reason and much truth to the original statement. If you have ever been in love, you know that it is very difficult to explain anything from a rational perspective. There's really no point in trying to rationalize it. You just have to experience it. I think sometimes ENTJ's do themselves a disservice by not allowing themselves to FEEL things instead of analyze them. Not that I don't understand the "protective" aspect of trying to avoid emotions because they are confusing, but there is value in jumping out of a logical "comfort zone" once in a while.

I used to remain completely detached but eventually I discovered the value in letting my guard down and experiencing emotions because life has a different quality when you do so. It's just healthier to do so. To remain 100% logical is overly rigid, and not very useful, because it's a perspective that is isolating. Some of the most depressed people I have met in my life are people who are emotionally immature.

And, to me, your EQ quote is a little off too - in my opinion, it is more about being open to experiencing other people's emotions so that you can relate to them, not managing your own. I actually think it has little to do with internal motivation. It's all about trying to be more selfless, not self-interested.

Finally, one of the benefits of psychotherapy is that it allows the patient to "feel" what they cannot explain to themselves very well. By connecting with their own internal emotional motivations, people empower themselves. They either gain an understanding that it's ok to be confused by life and experiences (and move on) or they start connecting the dots when they accept the issues they have been unable to express succinctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    How do ENTJs become likeable and less threatening to others?

How do you view ENTJs?

What would you like to see more of from ENTJs?

What could you do without?
    I don't type real humans, but for the ENTJ's on this board, I would say: try to smile more and don't be such a wind bag. Also: practice seeing the world as it really is, rather than as an annoying satellite revolving around you and your glorious ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I would say: try to smile more and don't be such a wind bag. Also: practice seeing the world as it really is, rather than as an annoying satellite revolving around you and your glorious ideas.
    The latter half made me smile, is that a good sign?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    The latter half made me smile, is that a good sign?
    Good! Mission accomplished.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Realize that others (regardless of their shortcomings) are just as important as you are.

We're all just humans aren't we.....

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    hmm. interesting. you're trying to find a way to reason though emotions. Do you have aspirations of being a robot? I think you are unnecessarily twisting the original quote, because there is a reason and much truth to the original statement. If you have ever been in love, you know that it is very difficult to explain anything from a rational perspective. There's really no point in trying to rationalize it. You just have to experience it. I think sometimes ENTJ's do themselves a disservice by not allowing themselves to FEEL things instead of analyze them. Not that I don't understand the "protective" aspect of trying to avoid emotions because they are confusing, but there is value in jumping out of a logical "comfort zone" once in a while.
    :steam: You're jumping to conclusions here. Where did you read that I had aspirations of being only logical? Are you trying to argue just to argue?

I used to remain completely detached but eventually I discovered the value in letting my guard down and experiencing emotions because life has a different quality when you do so. It's just healthier to do so. To remain 100% logical is overly rigid, and not very useful, because it's a perspective that is isolating. Some of the most depressed people I have met in my life are people who are emotionally immature.
    :steam: Both being detached emotionally and being overly involved in emotions are a problem - this is your case, no, since you report being "Limbic" on the SLOAN test, or the equivalent of "Neurotic" in the Five Factor Model.

And, to me, your EQ quote is a little off too - in my opinion, it is more about being open to experiencing other people's emotions so that you can relate to them, not managing your own. I actually think it has little to do with internal motivation. It's all about trying to be more selfless, not self-interested.
    :steam: What are you talking about? These definitions are not personal, they come from researchers in the field? Why are you talking about selfless, don't you think that's idealistic?

Finally, one of the benefits of psychotherapy is that it allows the patient to "feel" what they cannot explain to themselves very well. By connecting with their own internal emotional motivations, people empower themselves. They either gain an understanding that it's ok to be confused by life and experiences (and move on) or they start connecting the dots when they accept the issues they have been unable to express succinctly.
    :steam: What are you talking about, this is not correct!

I believe male ENTJs should be held in cages.