User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Whenever I meet an ENTJ, I have low expectations.
    Whenever I meet a bigot, I have low expectations.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

It's a process.. that starts post mortem.

Eulogies you know.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Id tell you but I know one of them who is reading would use there newfound skills with people to take over the world.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh. I wasn't quite thinking anything as benevolent or constructive as that. I was thinking more along the lines that if you can listen to somebody disagreeing with you in depth then you can learn a lot about the way they tick. If you can just accept that you're not going to change their minds (people very seldom change their minds) and just take it as an opportunity to learn how they tick, and don't take it personally, you can gather a lot of info about that person that you can use in future strategies. Makes it easier to persuade them of something in future, should the need arise

Knowledge is power, as they say. shut someone up and don't give them the chance to explain or inhibit them from speaking their mind, and you're turning down an opportunity for a lotta knowledge and therefore lessening your power. :machiavelli:
    Years ago I learned a technique called "active listening and reflection." Basically, you listen closely to what the other person is saying (especially in a disagreement) and tell them they are feeling a certain way and rephrase what they just said.... something like "I realize you're concerned about the cost of repair... I appreciate that... I think it would be a good idea to talk with XYZ company." By doing this you have indicated hearing what they said, agreeing with them, and then offering an alternative.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyz View Post
    Years ago I learned a technique called "active listening and reflection." Basically, you listen closely to what the other person is saying (especially in a disagreement) and tell them they are feeling a certain way and rephrase what they just said.... something like "I realize you're concerned about the cost of repair... I appreciate that... I think it would be a good idea to talk with XYZ company." By doing this you have indicated hearing what they said, agreeing with them, and then offering an alternative.
    Awesome technique, I use that a lot when I try to convince people of something.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Whenever I meet a bigot, I have low expectations.
    This was my ex crew coach, and he did exactly what I described. It lead to bad end season results. Not my doing, not that I did anything, since he practically removed me for the last two weeks :steamed.: It's not against ENTJ's personally, just against Coach Andy. Trying to get him to be anything less than a ruthless perfectionist was like :banghead:.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Generally, ENTJs can give off the impression that they are invincible and also are not overly open to other people's input. This can lead to resentment, so one of the things that could be done is showing vulnerability, even in small ways. Asking for advice (in an area where the person is competent), listening to someone's opinion completely before picking it apart or dismissing it, asking questions, allowing other people to have input into decision making, allowing people to see even some of your thought processes, taking time to acknowledge the people involved in a sincere way (not just as a tactic of effectively "processing" them with a perfunctory visit) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    This was my ex crew coach, and he did exactly what I described. It lead to bad end season results. Not my doing, not that I did anything, since he practically removed me for the last two weeks :steamed.: It's not against ENTJ's personally, just against Coach Andy. Trying to get him to be anything less than a ruthless perfectionist was like :banghead:.

So we've established your crew coach was a jagoff.
    What does it have to do with ENTJ? Nothing.
    Your crew coach could have been an INFP or an ESFP and still been a jagoff.
    Anyone can be a jagoff.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Naw, ALL ENTJs are 'jagoffs'. Fact.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker