First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    You confess this now?! I install you as ruler of the South Sandwich Islands, and this is what you tell me?

*sigh*

The Postmaster isn't going to like you at all.
    LOL

I don't want to be trapped on that piece of rock and ice!!! >.<

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    And I know I have a problem with my opinions, I create enemies here and there. But I try to tone it down and only argue if it's important.
    Well I define important as: everything.
    This world is mine - in time.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Well put. You either love us or hate us.
    I'd say there's a lot of both occurring simultaneously. I've always had that conflict going on with my ENTJs.

LOL

I don't want to be trapped on that piece of rock and ice!!! >.<
    Ingrate. Where's your sense of challenge?!

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    How do ENTJs become likeable and less threatening to others?

How do you view ENTJs?
    Be magnanimous, that's when ENTJs are at their best! My Dad is ENTJ, so I have an appreciation for their style (hehe, I also know how to duck and weave the controlling stuff quite well.) I love the strong and generous ones.

What would you like to see more of from ENTJs?
    In everyday life and for the people you care about it's great when an ENTJ clues you in on their processes a little. Why they are making a certain decision. It demonstrates awareness of other people, not just results or realizing your own grand plan. Be a little more collaborative even if you feel it's beneath you, others appreciate it. Fight the urge to dominate absolutely everything. For some your presence in the room is often forceful enough. Those things will soften the way an ENTJ comes off to others...

What could you do without?
    Could do without everything having to escalate to full scale battle! Pick your battles if you can...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I got why I dislike lucifer so much. It's because I'm God QED
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Be magnanimous, that's when ENTJs are at their best! My Dad is ENTJ, so I have an appreciation for their style (hehe, I also know how to duck and weave the controlling stuff quite well.) I love the strong and generous ones.

In everyday life and for the people you care about it's great when an ENTJ clues you in on their processes a little. Why they are making a certain decision. It demonstrates awareness of other people, not just results or realizing your own grand plan. Be a little more collaborative even if you feel it's beneath you, others appreciate it. Fight the urge to dominate absolutely everything. For some your presence in the room is often forceful enough. Those things will soften the way an ENTJ comes off to others...

Could do without everything having to escalate to full scale battle! Pick your battles if you can...

I get what you are saying, but I dont think that ENTJs do what they do because they think they are beneath everyone. I believe that insecurity belongs to the other. But keeping with the NTs in general, wouldn't having to stop and explain all the time be counterproductive to whatever goal is in mind. It is like the world has to give permission first, thats frusterating. People often respond with deffiance that wouldn't normally exist if they werent feeling intimidated? So the very presence causes conflict?

violaine

I get what you are saying, but I dont think that ENTJs do what they do because they think they are beneath everyone. I believe that insecurity belongs to the other. But keeping with the NTs in general, wouldn't having to stop and explain all the time be counterproductive to whatever goal is in mind. It is like the world has to give permission first, thats frusterating. People often respond with deffiance that wouldn't normally exist if they werent feeling intimidated? So the very presence causes conflict?

Sorry, I should have put an lol after the "beneath you" crack, I was thinking of my Dad who is prone to that. (It doesn't bother me coming from him.)

I agree that having to stop and explain things is somewhat counterproductive to the ENTJ achieving their goals, but you were asking what would make an ENTJ less threatening and better liked by others. ENTJs can be very efficient and task focused, including people in that focus is required in order to be better liked. I'm not saying to ask for permission, just to let people in on what you've decided sometimes and perhaps what your process was behind that if possible. Even doing that after the fact is helpful.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

How do ENTJs become likeable and less threatening to others?

How do you view ENTJs?

What would you like to see more of from ENTJs?

What could you do without?

The thing is, I never saw and still dont see ENTJ as a threat or less-likeable.

Those things have come through the media
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Would an ENTJ still be an ENTJ if he changed his offensive habits and became more laid back? I think that'd make for an INTP, as I think they and ENTP's are normally the most laid back and cool people out there.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Would an ENTJ still be an ENTJ if he changed his offensive habits and became more laid back? I think that'd make for an INTP, as I think they and ENTP's are normally the most laid back and cool people out there.
    I guess this has been talked over through and through, ENTJ with sugarcoating can approach any type in how laid back they are, and easy going. At least for me, I'm seeing a window in my situation for alternate behavior; I know I can avoid burnout, for example, by really tuning in to the feelings of the moment and really being laid back. If I've set up the time for it and I know I can do it, I can let myself go and enjoy it. Should the prequisites for such opportunity go away, I would start acting in a determined manner.

There are many kinds of chores to do. Some of them can be done with apparent determination, others need pleasing someone. For example, making everyone enjoy in a social situation. I love it, it's fun - it's just that I would not get into a loop of always being the funny man and neglecting my duties.

I think an effective ENTJ can act situationally to meet the needs of the situation, so that the grand plan is rock hard, while the appearance of the ENTJ might not be.

Balanced ENTJ can actually seem and feel pleasant while they're doing their duties, for the benefit of everyone around them, and themselves, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]