• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ or INFJ?

lucia&linda

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
So, I am typing a friend who is probably an INTJ.

Some of her INTJ characteristics:
* A whole lot of visible Te in groupwork- more concerned about the work than the people​
* Fi ponderings- Very in touch with her emotions, and protects them fiercely​
* More concerned about stuff than people in dire situations- Me: (guy we barely know) got jumped and injured by some muggers after retrieving a large sum of money! Her: Oh no! Did they take all that money? When watching movies, does not feel shred of sadness at sad scenes, but tells me she gets this terrible, sad feeling when the protagonist throws all his money away due to intoxation. Feels nothing when character dies but does get upset at the destruction of their mansion​
* ACTS cold (on purpose, to discourage others from nagging her), but really a sensitive person​
* Whole lot of Fi when upset​

However, some INFJ characteristics: [/INDENT]
* Suppresses emotions and desires (which I all know:devil:)​
* Self-conscious of what others think of her (but doesn't give a flying crap when someone actually confronts her)​
* Overthinks in social situations (if I say this, what will happen, and then what would they...)​
* Actually really good at understanding the social interactions (which person is bored, who is desiring attention?)​
* Outwards personality is not assertively rude- more 'drifty', soft in a calm, detached, cold way. Actually very, very kind person, gentle, calming, and soothing if you are on that list. Doesn't mind fixing people's problems (broken microwave, chair not unfolding properly, computer not working)​
* Is motivated by Fe- works hard to impress the teacher, tells me she visualizes the teacher reading the essay when she writes it​
* Some visible Ti- ISTP tendencies of taking apart stuff, often uses Ti to fill in the gaps of whatever information she cannot get at the moment, mentally takes things apart when shes sees objects
* Very porcupine-like: at school= detached and drifty demeanor- suddenly becomes a hard chunk of ice when actually confronted. Self-consciousness? Low self-esteem? Throw all those out the window! At first I though otherwise, but despite the hidden issues, she doesn't care at all about others' PERSONAL opinions.​

What do you guys think about this?

*Edited, less mistakes*

Last edited:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sounds like perfect described ISTP. Also ISTP in stress can sound like ENTJ... ;)

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
* A whole lot of visible Te in groupwork- more concerned about the work than the people

This doesn't sound like Te. Te is an extroverted function and would probably make a point in group projects to have everyone else pulling their weight or working towards a collective goal. This sounds like Ti.

* Fi ponderings- Very in touch with her emotions, and protects them fiercely

This isn't Fi.

* More concerned about stuff than people in dire situations- Me: (guy we barely know) got jumped and injured by some muggers after retrieving a large sum of money! Her: Oh no! Did they take all that money? When watching movies, does not feel shred of sadness at sad scenes, but tells me she gets this terrible, sad feeling when the protagonist throws all his money away due to intoxation. Feels nothing when character dies but does get upset at the destruction of their mansion

I'm not sure what this is. Probably not a high feeler, but this doesn't mean INTJ. Ability to detach and view the circumstances logically seems like Ti.

* ACTS cold (on purpose, to discourage others from nagging her), but really a sensitive person

The first part sounds like Ti/Fe. I'm not sure what you mean by sensitive, anybody can be a sensitive person under different definitions.

* Whole lot of Fi when upset

What do you mean?

* Suppresses emotions and desires (which I all know)

I'm confused as to how this is INFJ. Suppressing emotions sounds like low-tier Fx not functioning properly. And you said above she is very in touch with her emotions, but now she suppresses them?

* Self-conscious of what others think of her (but doesn't give a flying crap when someone actually confronts her)

She's self-conscious but doesn't care about being confronted about it? I'm not sure that makes much sense.

* Actually really good at understanding the social interactions (which person is bored, who is desiring attention?)

This does sound like Fe.

* Outwards personality is not assertively rude- more 'drifty', soft in a calm, detached, cold way. Actually very, very kind person, gentle, calming, and soothing if you are on that list. Doesn't mind fixing people's problems (broken microwave, chair not unfolding properly, computer not working)

Sounds like Ti/Se.

* Is motivated by Fe- works hard to impress the teacher, tells me she visualizes the teacher reading the essay when she writes it

Sounds like Fe and possibly Se/Ni.

* Some visible Ti- ISTP tendencies of taking apart stuff, often uses Ti to fill in the gaps of whatever information she cannot get at the moment, mentally takes things apart when shes sees objects

Sounds like Ti/Se.

* Very porcupine-like: at school= detached and drifty demeanor- suddenly becomes a hard chunk of ice when actually confronted. Self-consciousness? Low self-esteem? Throw all those out the window! At first I though otherwise, but despite the hidden issues, she doesn't care at all about others' PERSONAL opinions.

Ti/Fe.

She's probably ISTP. There's no way she is INTJ with such obvious Ti and her Fe is low-order.

lucia&linda

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Wrote the previous post in a rush, some clarification:

Previously, I purposely left out the Ni bits since INTJ and INFJ share Ni.

’More concerned about the work than people’
Meant to say that she is more concerned about getting people to do work and breaking down the parts of the project than socializing and elevating the mood of the group. She tends to make plans for the group to follow, then check for errors in other’s finished work, making sure it meets her standards.

’Fi ponderings’
  • Analyzes why she feels the way she feels
  • Spend time thinking what should be right and what should be wrong

Self-consciousness
Painstakingly aware of her flaws, but, at the same time, not caring what the other person thinks? It’s like being confident that she knows her own flaws? She never felt anything when she was verbally bullied back when she was younger, and to this day still can’t empathize with peers who get upset from insults.
Yeah, I don’t know what’s going on inside her head either.

’Acts cold, but is a sensitive person’
Is cold but not rude, since she thinks an ideal person should have fair and neutral attitude.
‘Sensitivity’ in my previous post could have been better described as ‘considerate towards her close people’.

’A whole lot of Fi when upset’
Textbook ISFP when in ‘mentally reclusive hermit mode’. My neighbor and classmate is a ISFP, so I have an idea what they act like. Oh, and add some more obsessive thinking towards morals and justice than the typical ISFP.

Suppress emotions and desires, similar to INFJ
Good at suppressing emotions and desires she thinks could get in the way. Will suppress happiness if she thinks it could lead to her becoming momentarily careless. Actually, could have been better worded as ‘skilled at successfully suppressing emotions and desires, or eliminating personal feelings in decisions and judgements, as well as suppressing outward displays of emotion . Teachers noticed one of the differences between her (when she was a younger child) and the other children was that her decisions were very impersonal. She would rather work or be with more competent but less pleasant people than kinder but less competent people. She had no favourites in the classes. She never described someone as ‘mean’ or ‘nice’, because she thought those two words didn’t describe anything about the person other than the fact that she didn’t like them. She is the most unbiased person I have ever met. I would think that INFJs, with Ti instead of Fi, would be less inclined towards personal feelings.

’Dosen’t mind fixing people’s problems’

Ment to imply that although she doesn’t like listening to people’s troubles, she is willing to give advice on how to fix the problem, and, if it’s a small favour, does not rudely refuse to help.

Te
Actually, I would think she has Te instead of Ti.

Example of a math question in 7th grade when we were learning integers:
Objective was to complete an multiplication equation with a long string of positive and negative numbers.

My thinking: Positive and positive = always positive
  1. Only two types of integers
  2. Negative must be the key
  3. Figures out 2 negative always = positive
  4. Therefore, odd number of negatives = negative product
  5. Does the question

Her thinking: Positive and positive = positive
  1. Analyzes textbook examples
  2. Notices odd number of negatives = negative
  3. Tests the observation
  4. Does question
  5. Odd number negatives = negative, therefore, positives don’t matter and each negative either gives the floor back to positives or continues negatives

Fe

She’s really good at finding a use for everyone, assessing their abilities and potential, and using that knowledge to map out a surprising accurate summary of what they could be useful for in the future.

She cares about her reputation, hence the teacher part. The visualizing ment adjusting writing style according to the target audience- such as an creative writing essay vs. children’s book assignment. Sorry for the confusion.

She's probably ISTP. There's no way she is INTJ with such obvious Ti and her Fe is low-order.
She can’t be ISTP. I am sure she has dominant Ni and inferior Se. INFJ would be more likely, except for the low Fe and more obvious Te. She severely lacks Si, so she can’t be an ISTJ. All the EXXX and FP types are out of question. She doesn’t think like an INTP, has too much internal logic for an INTJ, lacks the Fe of INFJ, and lacks the Se of ISTP. ???

Oh, and she is in her teenage years, so I wouldn’t expect too much from the tertiary function.

lucia&linda

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
She acts like an ISFP when upset stressed, Se-dom under pressure stress. Very rare extreme stress = dark room with ears plugged and eyes closed

Kurono

MBTI Type
INTJ
I do agree with guys that based on what you wrote she's ISTP
If I would have to choose between INTJ and INFJ I'm leaning towards INTJ
Let her make the test and see! :D

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wrote the previous post in a rush, some clarification:

Previously, I purposely left out the Ni bits since INTJ and INFJ share Ni.

’More concerned about the work than people’
Meant to say that she is more concerned about getting people to do work and breaking down the parts of the project than socializing and elevating the mood of the group. She tends to make plans for the group to follow, then check for errors in other’s finished work, making sure it meets her standards.

Breaking the project down into parts sounds like it could be a Ti thing to do.
I only know one INFJ irl, and he isn't about elevating people's moods during group work. He's more like "Let's divide this shit so I can get to work on my part. Alone."
Checking for errors could be a Ti, Si or Se activity, depending on why she does it.

’Fi ponderings’
  • Analyzes why she feels the way she feels
  • Spend time thinking what should be right and what should be wrong

As far as I know, Fi users don't necessarily like to analyze how they feel - they just feel it. Spending time thinking about what's right or wrong isn't something I've seen my INFP do, he just knows how he feels about stuff. My INFJ on the other hand does this constantly.

’Dosen’t mind fixing people’s problems’

Ment to imply that although she doesn’t like listening to people’s troubles, she is willing to give advice on how to fix the problem, and, if it’s a small favour, does not rudely refuse to help.

This sounds like she's a Thinking type, or possibly an aux Feeling type with a poorly developed aux function.

Fe

She’s really good at finding a use for everyone, assessing their abilities and potential, and using that knowledge to map out a surprising accurate summary of what they could be useful for in the future.

The sounds like it could be Te, if the objective is productivity rather than harmony.