• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP 2w3?

XXSwagmaster420

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think that's me. I'm definitely ENTP, cognitive functions all stack up right, even the shadow functions, and the things seem to work. I think I'm 2w3 as I find helping people to be the most satisfying thing but I even have the weird desire to make them better but then be better than them anyway. The little details also seem to work as well. Does anyone know anything about what I should expect, or does this sound accurate? I've read a bit about 2 vs 7 and it seems to break in the direction of 2 with a bit of extra chaos from ENTP, but the ways 7 doesn't work to describe me don't have an explanation so I figure the 7 seeming is interference while the 2 seeming is more genuine in addition to being probably greater on its own.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Expect people to try to tell you that combination is impossible but don't listen to them, anything can happen

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, people are going to tell you it's impossible, personally, I think all combinations are possible, some are just more likely than others.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Its possible to be both and that your tritype is some variation of 27x.

Also MBTI need not apply.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you guys serious or joking?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I'm serious. I don't think being a certain MBTI means you can't be a certain ennea or vice versa. I'm sure an INTJ 2w3 exists out there somewhere. Maybe only a small few, but still, they exist. Enneagram fills in the gaps that MBTI leaves behind when it comes to detailing WHY there are so many variations within one MBTI type.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP 2 is certainly a rare and uncommon combination, but that doesn't mean they can't exist. I can see how it could work, especially if you've ever mistyped as a feeler because of being a 2.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you considered 3w2?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm serious. I don't think being a certain MBTI means you can't be a certain ennea or vice versa. I'm sure an INTJ 2w3 exists out there somewhere. Maybe only a small few, but still, they exist. Enneagram fills in the gaps that MBTI leaves behind when it comes to detailing WHY there are so many variations within one MBTI type.
Lol... mkay

XXSwagmaster420

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you considered 3w2?

Not ambitious enough. My method is probably near 50/50 between impress and assist but that's just because assisting requires that I know what they need, once I do I lean a lot more in that direction. I also have the self-sacrificing thing to a T, and my main "I've done too much" reaction is caustic aggression and guilt-tripping, not withdrawal.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
An entp and not esto, by the name swagmaster would be new

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I am serious.

I don't see why some combinations are impossible, especially since I accepted I may be some unusual combination myself. It makes no sense to try and jam a Jungian type with an enneagram that seems to fit in some combination to make it look all neat and conforming...sometimes people have unusual combinations, but since those combos are unlikely, some people tend to think they are impossible. I personally think the enneagram type that fits me best is type 4, while being an NT and an LIE in socionics. I tried to find alternatives for a long time, and to tell myself I was off but that just doesn't work, I am what I am.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI is personality, Enneagram is motivation. I don't see any reason why an ENTP can't be primarily motivated by helping people.

Rumbleroar

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
2w3
I'm also a ENTP 2w3! There are over 7 billion people in this world, the existence of an ENTP 2w3 isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility. I do believe, however, that our MBTI/enneagram combination is pretty rare.