• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NT-NF pairing

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I do like the lightheartedness of NFs, but at times I wish they came with helmets and a full suit of armor (emotionally speaking).

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I've found I really enjoy most INFPs and ENFPs. I've dated an ENFP and, generally, I like the NT-NF pairing. I feel free to be myself without pretense around NFs.

On a side note, I can understand the attraction to other NT types except ENTJs. If someone said they think dating an ENTJ would be fun, I would think they were crazy. I personally doubt if we have a match because we are so intense.

L

Lasting_Pain

For some strange reason, I can sense an NF. Like I get this awkward feeling that I don't usually get when I talk to a SP or SJ.

velourial

MBTI Type
entp
I've had romantic chemistry with more than a few ENFJs. I feel like their Jness makes up for their delicacy. We complement each other well. There's just something about emotionally available, responsible men that can still hold their own with me... especially if they take a J approach to relationships, treating me with the same kind of strategy with which they'd approach the stock market...

For friendships, I've had good luck with all NF types, but some ENFPs have gotten on my nerves (all that EMO! UGH!). We either have great chemistry right away that degenerates OR an initial annoyance that turns into a great friendship. It's gotten better as I've gotten more mature.

Friendships with INFPs can be very tender and intimate. I can't imagine being in a monogamous romantic relationship with one. That would just be too TOO much...

L

Lasting_Pain

INFPs are intense. I do not know what would happen if I was alone with one.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NFs are complimentary for NTs. I know most rationals are looking for mindmates, but an NF is a better bet for getting an NT out of their shell.

Wouldn't that mainly be a problem for INTs? As an ENT I'm definitely looking for a "mindmate"; I've dated some NFs that came close but they do have some tendencies that start to get grating.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've had romantic chemistry with more than a few ENFJs. I feel like their Jness makes up for their delicacy. We complement each other well. There's just something about emotionally available, responsible men that can still hold their own with me... especially if they take a J approach to relationships, treating me with the same kind of strategy with which they'd approach the stock market...

For friendships, I've had good luck with all NF types, but some ENFPs have gotten on my nerves (all that EMO! UGH!). We either have great chemistry right away that degenerates OR an initial annoyance that turns into a great friendship. It's gotten better as I've gotten more mature.

Friendships with INFPs can be very tender and intimate. I can't imagine being in a monogamous romantic relationship with one. That would just be too TOO much...

I feel the same way about ENFPs. I've never dated an ENFJ but now you've sparked my interest.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wouldn't that mainly be a problem for INTs? As an ENT I'm definitely looking for a "mindmate"; I've dated some NFs that came close but they do have some tendencies that start to get grating.

Gonna have to go with "Depends On The Specific NT in Question" for $500, Wink!

..... seriously, we're all deviants from the stereotype in some way. So it depends on our particular differences. I can handle low-key extroverts and can benefit, but it quickly could get on my nerves... sociable introverts might work better for me.

In general, though, I just know that "N" is good. I have some good S friends, but too firmly anchored in reality -- I like someone imaginative but still realistic. NFs definitely have the first part down, sometimes the second isn't there. (Then again, NTs can be a pain in the butt sometimes too, if their N is weak.)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's just something about emotionally available, responsible men that can still hold their own with me... especially if they take a J approach to relationships, treating me with the same kind of strategy with which they'd approach the stock market...
:wtf:

You had me until the bit about the stock market....

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
(Then again, NTs can be a pain in the butt sometimes too, if their N is weak.)
That's true -- they seem to inherit the worst traits of both the S and the N without getting many of the benefits of either.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
NF's aren't bad. I rather like one of them myself. Too bad he's a dude and we're both straight. I could picture myself with a more extraverted one though. The only flaw is that they insist that there are no problems, and that they understate the ones they acknowledge.