• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NT-NF pairing

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I do not know how you feeeeeeeeelll, but I must say those NF fellows are really praying on our endurance.

I just saw them posting a similar thread to this in their private forum and guess what ? I couldnt answer. Didnt they just do that intentionally ?!

I must say I rather loose a leg before pairing with one of those jerks. What's your opinion ? :D

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like 'em. I think you're afraid you'll lose yourself and become emo with one of them ;)

MBTI Type
INxJ
NFs are complimentary for NTs. I know most rationals are looking for mindmates, but an NF is a better bet for getting an NT out of their shell.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
+1
Pity they don't make many in man-size.

Usehername

On a mission
I could definitely go for an NFJ male. I really like the NFs I know.

I don't think the NFP male is a good compliment for the NTJ female. It makes gender roles confusing and adds what I see as an unnecessary obstacle to a healthy relationship. At least, that's my observation from my interaction with NFP males.

I'd prefer an xNxJ male of some sort, or perhaps an ISTJ male.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Heh, I have the opposite thing:

NFP males, xNxP males and ISTP rather than ISTJ. Not like I exclude the Js, though.

Usehername

On a mission
Heh, I have the opposite thing:

NFP males, xNxP males and ISTP rather than ISTJ. Not like I exclude the Js, though.

I think my bias is perhaps because of my xNFP males that I know (dad, brother, BFF, close friend) they all have zero J within them. They are difficult to do things with when one is a J who likes to plan and find closure. This makes what should be fun relaxing stressful for me.

Maybe an NFp for my NTJ femaleness. I'd have to see it IRL and think it over.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my bias is perhaps because of my xNFP males that I know (dad, brother, BFF, close friend) they all have zero J within them. They are difficult to do things with when one is a J who likes to plan and find closure. This makes what should be fun relaxing stressful for me.

That makes sense.

I'm a P... and it drives me crazy with my P friends because NOTHING gets done at all. (So I end up having to make the decisions. Ugh.) In that case, closure for me is the desire to just be able to move forward and/or not waste our time. I know it'd be worse for a J.

Maybe an NFp for my NTJ femaleness. I'd have to see it IRL and think it over.

There are general patterns that seem to mesh better, but yes, overall it seems to be a "case by case" scenario, people are unique enough to make it worth checking things out.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Eh, great friends, colleagues, relatives... couldn't live with one though. Much less marry one. Just can't imagine how it'd work. An SF, maybe... but...

Someone mention a shell? Could I be any further out of mine? :blink:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
ESFJ girls are like kryptonite to me. They just completely flummox me especially if they're attractive. I turn into a blubbering irrational mess, I couldn't stand any prolonged interest romantically though..Id probably go insane.

I also hate how they have a tendency to DOMINATE conversations and take full advantage of my preference and comfort for listening.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I like shells & cheese. And NFs.

Wait, this is the private forum? HATE 'EM ALL.

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I don't know if I'd date well, but I would avoid dating an INTP just because I've seen the INTP/INTJ pairing work out very disastrously before. My instinct would be to look for an xNFJ or an ISTx partner... though I must admit the ENTs make me laugh and feel happy.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
NFs are complimentary for NTs. I know most rationals are looking for mindmates, but an NF is a better bet for getting an NT out of their shell.

I am an NT with an NF and I agree with this. Not some much coming out of my shell as he gave me the ability to open up and at my own pace.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am an NT with an NF and I agree with this. Not some much coming out of my shell as he gave me the ability to open up and at my own pace.

Interesting, that's not my experience of NF's... usually I tend to feel like they're hurrying me to open up, and take it as a kind of affront if I don't... there's a feeling that their like, respect etc of me is dependent on me opening up within an expected time frame, which makes me feel that the whole thing is so obviously conditional on my becoming their vision of what I should be. It creates a feeling of great insecurity for me that's not pleasant, relaxing or supportive at all.

Maybe I just got me some badass ones... I still maintain though that FJ's (GENERALLY - there are counterexamples of course) bring in me an overwhelming feeling all the time of being disapproved of. Their presence is like a constant waggling finger of death lol

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Interesting, that's not my experience of NF's... usually I tend to feel like they're hurrying me to open up, and take it as a kind of affront if I don't... there's a feeling that their like, respect etc of me is dependent on me opening up within an expected time frame, which makes me feel that the whole thing is so obviously conditional on my becoming their vision of what I should be. It creates a feeling of great insecurity for me that's not pleasant, relaxing or supportive at all.

Maybe I just got me some badass ones... I still maintain though that FJ's (GENERALLY - there are counterexamples of course) bring in me an overwhelming feeling all the time of being disapproved of. Their presence is like a constant waggling finger of death lol

I think for him...he realized early on that pushing would only cause me to close up more. Close up to him and that is something he definitely doesn't want. I don't think he's ever approached a relationship in the way he does with ours (I know I haven't either). Oh I had to go against my nature and outside of my comfort zone to grow and develop several times. But so did he. I don't know if that is typical. I know I was beginning to have physical issues because of what I had to say that never came out to anyone before. But he's never pushed.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Just do not analyzise your mate before you have at least went 4-5 times to the cinema with him.

In the end we are still NT's and we dont get many girls.

That's what we do isnt it ?

MBTI Type
INxJ

Ah, same here.

My gf (INFJ) has consistently been there for me no matter how much of a douche I can be. I experienced many romantic relationship firsts because she was patient and gave me a safe psychological/emotional space to open up in, over a long period of time.