User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: NT-NF pairing

MBTI
    INTJ

I'd have to say from personal experience that I don't think an INFP is a good match for an INTJ.

My entire time with him he was trying to 'fix' me and was very judgmental and rude when I put my foot down. He pretty much abandoned me when he realized I didn't see myself as broken for not being emotionally needy, nor did I care to cater to what his ideas of what a woman should be. He was a rather evil fellow too, manipulative and selfish when I had already gone far out of my way to make things work on my end. I remember him stating that he felt that I threatened his manhood.

I really don't understand NFs nor do I like them. Then again every NF I've met has been a repulsive human being, so I may be biased here.
    When god hands you a lemon, give it a gigantic bite.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

In general I find most NFs easy to get along with... well sometimes my ENFP friends can get on my nerve with the over the top enthusiasm and their logic that makes little sense to me. But then again, NT-NT isn't bad either... or NT SP. Can't stand the SFJs I know though. Don't know what's wrong... but SFJ males just get on my nerves.

I think overall, there's a great deal more to making a relationship work or not work than just type itself. Still, it makes for an interesting topic.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

the best relationships (not many but a few though) I've had where with nf's. They where interesting, looked at the world from a different perspective than me (they where enfp and enfj's). I liked that a lot and the emotional side can be really freeing if dosed correctly.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orizien View Post

I really don't understand NFs nor do I like them. Then again every NF I've met has been a repulsive human being, so I may be biased here.

LOL!

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    Yes, NF's do eye us over. For some of them vs some of us, we provide a variety of different security measures, which of course they may not admit too, that they need/crave/instictually strive for.
    Can you list some? I agree with what you're saying but wanna hear you elaborate on this.

MBTI
    INTP

The only one I'm curious about is the ENFJ male. I think it could be crazy, irrational fun.

I've only recently noticed that even though most of my friends are NTs, my favorite people are all NFs. Granted, I tend to waver between T and F, but I greatly admire my Idealist "cousins," especially when I become too cerebral.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

is the enfj/intp attraction really so strong. how does Fe attract Ti and visa versa? i know one enfj of the same gender and i suspect someone else of the opposite gender and at first i was definatley not drawn to them, in fact i was repelled. it doesnt start to kick off for a long time and even at that, it is slow. perhaps i havent met the right enfj.
    enfps are more to my taste and i definiatley expreience the attraction. the only other NF type i seem to stick to is infj.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Eh, great friends, colleagues, relatives... couldn't live with one though. Much less marry one. Just can't imagine how it'd work. An SF, maybe... but...

Someone mention a shell? Could I be any further out of mine?
    i agree - though it has taken me 20 years to realize that. i still get sucked into a NF swamp every now and then ...
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I do not know how you feeeeeeeeelll, but I must say those NF fellows are really praying on our endurance.

I just saw them posting a similar thread to this in their private forum and guess what ? I couldnt answer. Didnt they just do that intentionally ?!

I must say I rather loose a leg before pairing with one of those jerks. What's your opinion ?

Hey, Avatar. Nice Avatar. haha.

anyways, one of by best friends is an INFP, and we fight all the time. We somehow get along really well though. She's SO annoying sometimes, but then again so am I to her. Come to think of it, I have no idea how we work...

but we're great friends, the fighting is part of the fun.

Actually, I think either SP's seem the most obnoxious. That or any mega extrovert. But then again, that's just me being INTJ. I think everyone is annoying.
    VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VIVCI
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."