• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NT-NF pairing

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJ's are awesome. Hard to crack. But so delightful and stubborn and complex. Very attractive in their inner coherence.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Interesting, that's not my experience of NF's... usually I tend to feel like they're hurrying me to open up, and take it as a kind of affront if I don't... there's a feeling that their like, respect etc of me is dependent on me opening up within an expected time frame, which makes me feel that the whole thing is so obviously conditional on my becoming their vision of what I should be. It creates a feeling of great insecurity for me that's not pleasant, relaxing or supportive at all.
Yeah, I've totally had this experience, but also ceecee's. Gotta get the right NF. The more insistent and accusatory the NF, the greater the odds I'd clam up, feel bad about it, then resent the probing.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, NF's do eye us over. For some of them vs some of us, we provide a variety of different security measures, which of course they may not admit too, that they need/crave/instictually strive for.

Make no mistake, we eye them over in return:devil:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I love NFs, but get annoyed when it's their turn to talk and they take a deep breath to collect their thoughts for what seems like 15 minutes. I like what they have to say, though.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
NFs smell like pooh

Winnie the?

For the only NF I dated, it seemed that about the time when the shell was cracked is when the interest started to wane on her part and the relationship started to end.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I married an INFJ. Our relationship seems very natural to me. I'm a dominant intuitive, and I think for me what is most important is to connect with another person's N. The T/F dynamic certainly helps the relationship, but I see the common N being most important to me. I'm not sure if INTP's or ENTJ's would see things differently.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an NT with an NF and I agree with this. Not some much coming out of my shell as he gave me the ability to open up and at my own pace.

J-J or J-P?

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if I'd date well, but I would avoid dating an INTP just because I've seen the INTP/INTJ pairing work out very disastrously before.

yes its a very subtle but a very basic diff and in hindsight, INTP/INTJ interaction isn't as smooth as NT-NT interaction would seem to inevitably be cause of the diff of a leading Ti versus a leading Ni coupled with the P versus J difference. Though balanced and mature ppl should theoretically, it seems, be a whole different deal.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm really attracted to a lot of NF's. There's something there that ... I don't know... it's kinda magical. It's a reverse gendered dichotomy that I need, I think.

Orizien

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd have to say from personal experience that I don't think an INFP is a good match for an INTJ.

My entire time with him he was trying to 'fix' me and was very judgmental and rude when I put my foot down. He pretty much abandoned me when he realized I didn't see myself as broken for not being emotionally needy, nor did I care to cater to what his ideas of what a woman should be. He was a rather evil fellow too, manipulative and selfish when I had already gone far out of my way to make things work on my end. I remember him stating that he felt that I threatened his manhood.

I really don't understand NFs nor do I like them. Then again every NF I've met has been a repulsive human being, so I may be biased here.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
In general I find most NFs easy to get along with... well sometimes my ENFP friends can get on my nerve with the over the top enthusiasm and their logic that makes little sense to me. But then again, NT-NT isn't bad either... or NT SP. Can't stand the SFJs I know though. Don't know what's wrong... but SFJ males just get on my nerves.

I think overall, there's a great deal more to making a relationship work or not work than just type itself. Still, it makes for an interesting topic.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
the best relationships (not many but a few though) I've had where with nf's. They where interesting, looked at the world from a different perspective than me (they where enfp and enfj's). I liked that a lot and the emotional side can be really freeing if dosed correctly.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, NF's do eye us over. For some of them vs some of us, we provide a variety of different security measures, which of course they may not admit too, that they need/crave/instictually strive for.

Can you list some? I agree with what you're saying but wanna hear you elaborate on this.

mbeerti

MBTI Type
INTP
The only one I'm curious about is the ENFJ male. I think it could be crazy, irrational fun.

litterateur

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've only recently noticed that even though most of my friends are NTs, my favorite people are all NFs. Granted, I tend to waver between T and F, but I greatly admire my Idealist "cousins," especially when I become too cerebral.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
is the enfj/intp attraction really so strong. how does Fe attract Ti and visa versa? i know one enfj of the same gender and i suspect someone else of the opposite gender and at first i was definatley not drawn to them, in fact i was repelled. it doesnt start to kick off for a long time and even at that, it is slow. perhaps i havent met the right enfj.
enfps are more to my taste and i definiatley expreience the attraction. the only other NF type i seem to stick to is infj.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Eh, great friends, colleagues, relatives... couldn't live with one though. Much less marry one. Just can't imagine how it'd work. An SF, maybe... but...

Someone mention a shell? Could I be any further out of mine? :blink:

i agree - though it has taken me 20 years to realize that. i still get sucked into a NF swamp every now and then ...

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
I do not know how you feeeeeeeeelll, but I must say those NF fellows are really praying on our endurance.

I just saw them posting a similar thread to this in their private forum and guess what ? I couldnt answer. Didnt they just do that intentionally ?!

I must say I rather loose a leg before pairing with one of those jerks. What's your opinion ? :D

Hey, Avatar. Nice Avatar. haha.

anyways, one of by best friends is an INFP, and we fight all the time. We somehow get along really well though. She's SO annoying sometimes, but then again so am I to her. Come to think of it, I have no idea how we work...

but we're great friends, the fighting is part of the fun.

Actually, I think either SP's seem the most obnoxious. That or any mega extrovert. But then again, that's just me being INTJ. I think everyone is annoying.