User Tag List

123 Last

Junior Member intprocrastination's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default INTPs, which types do you favour the most?

I'm relatively new to MBTI and as an INTP, I've seen a lot of posts (particularly on tumblr) that talk about how INTPs are always best friends with ENFPs and INFPs, which, while I find 100% accurate in my case, I don't quite understand why? The types I actually tend to admire the most are: ISTP, ENTP, and INTJ, and the only two F types I genuinely like are ESFPs and ENFPs. It just so happens that a lot of my friends (in high school where I am right now) are ENFPs, and I really don't plan on talking to any of them once we graduate. I am, however, super keen on finding ISTP and ENTP friends. So I now have two questions:

1) why are ENFPs and INFPs stereotypically linked with INTPs?
    2) INTPs, which types do you favour/admire the most?

bonus: types that I'm intrigued by but I know that in real life I tend to dislike them; ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like IxFx types the most in general, although I am open to all types. I do tend to have communication issues with a lot of ESxx types, however.
    We will meet again in Etruria.

INTP
    INFp/IEI
    5w4 - 9w1 - 4w5 sp/sx
    MelPhleg

Johari | Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

1) I think it's because ENFP/INFP are some of the only types that actually pursue INTPs as friends/romantic interests. They are better able than other types to see and appreciate our positive qualities.

2) Aside from xNFPs, I am drawn to ENTJs and ESTJs. These types, when healthy, are really fantastic people. I love having conversations/debates with them because they are willing to have interesting discussions and are not easily offended. I admire their confidence and moral uprightness. (also, ENTJs can be really sexy, which doesn't hurt )

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI None

1) I'm not sure, but maybe it's because ENFPs and INFPs are generally warm people and that's what draws Rationals to them?

2) I like INFJs and ENFJs (apart from my own personality type, of course). I'm more of a logical and rational person, so being around people who are friendly, warm and positive and openly show their emotions makes me open up as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by intprocrastination View Post
    I'm relatively new to MBTI and as an INTP, I've seen a lot of posts (particularly on tumblr) that talk about how INTPs are always best friends with ENFPs and INFPs, which, while I find 100% accurate in my case, I don't quite understand why? The types I actually tend to admire the most are: ISTP, ENTP, and INTJ, and the only two F types I genuinely like are ESFPs and ENFPs. It just so happens that a lot of my friends (in high school where I am right now) are ENFPs, and I really don't plan on talking to any of them once we graduate. I am, however, super keen on finding ISTP and ENTP friends. So I now have two questions:

1) why are ENFPs and INFPs stereotypically linked with INTPs?
    2) INTPs, which types do you favour/admire the most?

bonus: types that I'm intrigued by but I know that in real life I tend to dislike them; ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ
    I tend to not get on well with most Feeling types, because they see me as a brutal savage, mostly because I lack empathy and I find values quite... replaceable. If there's a link between INTPs and xNFPs, it must be, according to me, because of Ne, that sense of randomness and colossal mental disorganization that we all share.

I think I don't favour anyone depending on their type. I mean, most of my friends are INTPs, but I don't get on well with the more geeky/nerdy? side of INTPs (the ones who like fighting over politics or Star Wars or Marie Curie). I get along well, in general, with NTs and/or TPs, and I tend to not get along with ESFxs, because they're too... excessive in everything for my taste.
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

I dunno but I will eternally like your fucking weirdness. Ne is best.

MBTI
    Enneagram

I am an infp and partial to both intp and entp. Please keep in mind when I refer to 'they' I am talking about those that I know and am close to not the type per se. It takes some adjustment to get used to their lack of tact if you are not used to this type but the interaction these types offer, to me, is delightful, often entertaining. and I admire their blunt way of communicating and their ability to have D&M's about a wide range of subjects. Once you establish a level of trust with them they are also very loyal and protective. They are also highly adaptable in terms of social environment and although they may feel uncomfortable in certain situations they hide it well.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

mmmm... *grumble*

i think most intp are pretty investigative, particularly when they are invested in a person/thing/idea... i would guess that having their problems and feelings examined in detail makes them xnfp special/important... that their problems matter; that they matter... i think intp are good at listening (when invested in doing so)... they are good at tracking details and trends when they are invested... i have other theories on all of this that don't go down this line of thinking, but it think for many xnfp that this is a significant factor in why they value intp friendship...
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    mmmm... *grumble*

i think most intp are pretty investigative, particularly when they are invested in a person/thing/idea... i would guess that having their problems and feelings examined in detail makes them xnfp special/important... that their problems matter; that they matter... i think intp are good at listening (when invested in doing so)... they are good at tracking details and trends when they are invested... i have other theories on all of this that don't go down this line of thinking, but it think for many xnfp that this is a significant factor in why they value intp friendship...
    I've known INTPs to get with SFPs and do something similar... Fi likes being understood and acknowledged. That deep well of understanding never makes me think that something I said won't have the proper impact, or that it will be misunderstood. I hate trying to force people to understand something that they cannot grasp, and I enjoy INTPs because that is almost never the case with you guys.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTp Te

I don't understand why don't INTP work well with INFP or ENFP? They are all sensitive, philosophical and intellectual types. ENFP can have an appearance as introverted NT and INFP can be brutal organized and dedicated when they are commit to something...
    True Neutral /SLOAN+ RxOe|I|/5w4-8w9-4w5 Te>Ni>Fi>Ti>>>>>Fe
    "There is no intellectualism in faith. Both atheist and theist choose their belief system based on ego and self-preservation." by 2017

You call me selfish but wait...
    People are generally selfish.
    They don't cere about truth.
    They cere about their truths.
    -by myself.
    YOUR POINT OF VIEW IS NOT IMPORTANT CUZ YOU MADE IT UNIMPORTANT!