• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs, which types do you favour the most?

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can you explain this emotional energy thing in a bit more detail? Curious.

I've experienced this with IXTP types where their Fe can react erratically to negatively emotional situations. They look like something isn't affecting them or upsetting them until it really does, then it's like a switch flip.

FlagellumDei

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've experienced this with IXTP types where their Fe can react erratically to negatively emotional situations. They look like something isn't affecting them or upsetting them until it really does, then it's like a switch flip.

Oh yeah, now I know what you mean. What happens is I try to pretend the negative emotional situation isn't bothering me at first, but the tolerance levels are very low and I overload. If I can I will just remove myself from the situation, if I can"t I may react erratically as you say. To you it may seem like switch flip, but its gradual for me.

intprocrastination

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh god. a) Sorry to drag this post back from the dead, folks, and b) I almost wish I hadn't made this post. Looking back, this post was made when I had the bare minimum understanding of cognitive functions, and I was pretty close-minded. I was also clashing a lot with my XNFP friends in real life, and that made me wrongly have a distate for XNFPs in general. Yikes. Talk about stupidity.

Anyway, thanks for your responses! Just an update: I no longer favour certain types over the others, and over the past few months I've grown to really appreciate Fi doms, although I still do clash with them a lot. You guys are really intense. I do, however, still greatly admire ISTPs, although I've stopped idolising ENTPs and INTJs, for my own good. Also, I've begun to really like ESTJs, ISTJs, and INFJs, which are all types I used to shy away from. Character development?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've only had a few friends who I'd consider close. Most others fall into the acquaintance category.

One was an INFx, and one of the only people I've ever been able to talk to for hours without feeling exhausted.

Most of women I've gotten close to romantically have been INFs. Maybe one ISFP. Though oddly enough, I find that it's usually ExFx women who go out of their way to flirt with me, or in the past were the types most likely to put first moves on me. I was usually pretty oblivious to that stuff anyway.

My sister is also an ENFP and we always clicked really well, sharing bizarre inside jokes and having deep discussions. People thought we were twins, often, though she's older.

I had an ESTP friend in high school who was fairly close. I get on well with ENTPs, usually. I like ISTPs and get on well with them, though they don't always have the patience for my thought tangents.

I like STs as supervisors, so long as they leave me to operate independently.

Most of my immediate family members are F types. It can cause some value friction but it has also softened me a bit and forced me to temper my edge in some circumstances.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Openness trait in Big 5 (roughly translated as iNtuitive) is what I find myself liking in people the most. Next would be introversion, I think.

The T/F distinction isn't one that really has much of an impact on how well I get along with people. This is probably explained by the fact that Though I generally am a T, my Agreeableness trait is around the 50% margin, which means I am actually more Agreeable than most males, but less than most women. Reason for this is that I am typically pretty empathetic.

I don't mind mild J's and it usually doesn't have much of an impact on how much I like someone.. unless ofc they are low in openness, and then there are usually conflicts there. My brother is relatively low in openness but is a strong Judger. He also is kinda on the line between N/S leaning a bit more on the S. He is very very disagreeable, which is a point where there is a lot of conflict. We get along most of the time, and I do enjoy his company more often than not, but sometimes he really annoys me how rigid in his thinking he is. He is an introvert and a thinker so those are things we have in common. His conscientiousness is higher than mine, but mine is very very low. This is not really a matter of contention for me.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
intj usually.

like they know they're right, and at the heart of it is 'don't give a fuck', somehow manage to be somewhat popular (...at least the ones with good te that take into account role of social interactions) despite the fact that they genuinely don't need to be liked.

i like that kind of attitude so long as they are actually really intelligent as well, otherwise it's just obnoxious. they're also masters at guile, i can't do that but god damn, that is some skill.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Oh god. a) Sorry to drag this post back from the dead, folks, and b) I almost wish I hadn't made this post. Looking back, this post was made when I had the bare minimum understanding of cognitive functions, and I was pretty close-minded. I was also clashing a lot with my XNFP friends in real life, and that made me wrongly have a distate for XNFPs in general. Yikes. Talk about stupidity.

Anyway, thanks for your responses! Just an update: I no longer favour certain types over the others, and over the past few months I've grown to really appreciate Fi doms, although I still do clash with them a lot. You guys are really intense. I do, however, still greatly admire ISTPs, although I've stopped idolising ENTPs and INTJs, for my own good. Also, I've begun to really like ESTJs, ISTJs, and INFJs, which are all types I used to shy away from. Character development?

Woops, that's good to hear!

I need more ISXJs in my life xD