• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and time

d4mselfly

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
When I think about time, it's definitely in terms of intervals, and occasionally music or images, but that's only if they were particularly striking.

Windigo

When I was about 8 years old I was suddenly struck with the realization of how short a 70 year life span really is. I've lived with a frightening sense of passing time ever since. Does any other NT relate to this?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When I was about 8 years old I was suddenly struck with the realization of how short a 70 year life span really is. I've lived with a frightening sense of passing time ever since. Does any other NT relate to this?

Yes and I try to ignore it every time I can.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lHPcYg7Wnk"].[/YOUTUBE]

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Time is an enemy that can be used or left. If left it will make sure you are a victim to failure.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not good at planning for the future so maybe I'm skeptical - but only of the long haul, I would say I was optimistic, even at times when my life ahs been seriously crap.

As for the past, well I have an interest in history, as for my own past, well Its more matter of fact, largely related to that I see intervals in time... like when I was doing XYZ, or living in such ans such place, hence my past is pepered by intervals with preferences for the intervals I enjoyed

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
Time as intervals I can associate with, I tend to be able to see the same time under different intervals though however. One isn't principal, and they are interchangeable. Such as a couple of years ago, I can see it in the sense as this is the time I started working hard at something, but also in another interval the time I started having [insert name here] as a girlfriend. And it's also when I got in an immense amount of trouble. But each of those intervals started and ended at distinctly different times, while the point seems to be lying within all of these intervals. Does anybody relate to that?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I use time to drive me. If my time is finite, I better make the most of the time I have.

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think more periodically. As a completely goal oriented person my mindset is more of "These courses shall be this year and such, next would be job searching and then career success, ending with retirement"

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I think about time, it's definitely in terms of intervals, and occasionally music or images, but that's only if they were particularly striking.

How do you think about time in terms of music or images? :huh: