"So hard, and lonely too, when you don't know yourself." -RHCP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to?
    My own code: honesty, loyalty and respect. I believe that if everyone in the world were honest (this does not mean tactless), the world would be a far, far better place. Of course, this is a utopian idea though; there will always be dishonesty because a lot of people are weak. And this is where respect comes in: I offer my respect to all, initially. Those who lose it are those who are dishonest. Loyalty is not unquestioning - no moral code which is absolute works effectively. Rather it is a dedication to those for whom you hold a respect which is mutual, and with whom you have a relationship based on honesty.

Do people trust you?
    Absolutely. I've been told in the past by many people I've only known for a short time that they feel like they can trust me. There's no big secret to it: all you have to do is be honest and open with others - you need to trust them - and you will receive the same treatment. I've known even weak people to be honest with me because they're unafraid of me. People get afraid and mistrust those who give off an trustless air.

Do you consider yourself trustworthy?
    Definitely.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Brand of Morality:

Do not do unto others as you would not want done to yourself.

Do people trust me? I'd say so.

Do I consider myself trustworthy? Yes. I'm a horrible liar, so I am always honest.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I do not believe in objective or universal morality, but I tend to subscribe to the "golden rule" of behaving to others as I wish to be treated unless I have already decided for myself that they would not reciprocate. Then, I simply do not treat them how I would not wish to be treated but make no attempt to be openly helpful of accommodating. Usually this is the result of a loss of trust on my part by some failure of honesty or respect on theirs.

Do people trust you?
    Yes. I rarely make promises, but I do not fall back on even loose obligations that I have agreed to. If people come to me at all, it is for an honest response, and they are often quite liberal in expressing their private concerns because they know I will be objective.

Yes. If I was not in some way interested or had no intention of following through, I wouldn't have agreed to giving the favour/advice/etc. in the first place.

MBTI
    INTP

The way I decide whether I should help someone is whether doing the favor is more inconvenient to me than not doing the favor is inconvenient to them. I think that rule is useful in most situations, from as small as buying pet food for my roommate to as big as donating an organ to a family member. Don't be so self-sacrificing as to hurt yourself, but help others.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't even trust the concept of morality. Morality is a subconscious set of rules. If you feel the need to abide by morals, what is it that you're so afraid of happening if you discard those morals??

I live as I desire to. Most of the time I genuinely prefer to be kind to people. Why not? I have no problem being unkind to people who give me a reason for it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Very simple model:

Never force yeur beliefs upon someone else.

Only enforce this rule equal to someone who disregards it.

Murder is the belief that yeu think that person should die; if they disagree it is murder since yeu're trying to kill them and they don't want to. If they WANTED to die, and wanted yeur help in it (doctor assisted suicide) then no crime has been committed as yeu did not breech their opinion/beliefs.

If someone is trying to kill another, then they have demonstrated that they do not respect the rights of others to hold onto the belief that they deserve to live. As such, if they have decided that such a right is not valuable, then they are also stating in that process that they do not believe an individual has any right to believe themselves worthy of living, and are free game at that point to be forced to cease their attack, up to and including death of the perpetrator as deemed necessary by the situation.

Short form is that anyone who forces their opinion on someone else (do this or else; believe this or else, etc etc), is stating that opinions of that type do not matter to them. This includes their own. If yeu want to force yeur religion on someone at gunpoint (convert to christianity or I'll burn yeur village down!) then they have shown they do not believe that religious beliefs matter to them. Their own is now fair game to be forcibly converted.

In such a manner, this can be easily expanded and broadened to cover virtually any situation with a minimal of awkward situations where it doesn't apply easily.

I've yet to see a 'moral' belief system which has come remotely close to being so encompassing and fair, and make nearly as much sense.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to: Nondenominational Christian for myself, though I hold others accountable to the same principles, though with less specifics and I believe in situational lost causes (I.E. This conversation isn't getting anywhere). I'm probably less strict with my own actions than I should be, though.
    Do people trust you: Somewhat, I'm not that great a following through on things, which is probably the main reason people don't trust me more.
    Do you consider yourself trustworthy: Depends on the context of the situation but overall, yes.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

ReflecTcelfeR

I would rather be honest than trustworthy.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I value the freedom of sufficiently sapient beings, knowledge (science) and sapient beings having power over the universe (technology).

Do people trust you?
    I think so.

Yes.