User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp

What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to?

General decency and respect/ tolerance. Good manners and taste. As much as they are applicable.

Do people trust you?

Those who matter do. Those who don't mostly do.

Do you consider yourself trustworthy?

Most of the time, yes.
    Close your eyes, clear your heart,
    Cut the cord.
    - The Killers

Banned

Me: A hybrid of pragmatism and utilitarianism. Others: Whatever works for them (so long as they don't hurt anyone).

Do people trust you?
    Yes. They may not always like me, but they do trust me and they should. I don't believe in intentional deceit or manipulation. (I do make room for sins of omission on occasion when there is no benefit in disclosure)

Yes, see above.

MBTI
    entp

yeah i do...its still being written in my head

if i fret over it long enough, i can make anything sound reasonable...so ive learnt to accept some things at their traditional value

also my morals usually end up being based on what i would expect of someone else in a similar situation...so im mirroring the consequence of my actions on someone i like and see what my reaction to them doing it would be. works out pretty good everytime

MBTI
    entp

and oh yeah, people trust me

and i trust myself except when i end up going through the procrastination phase

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    For me, morality is making a good faith effort to be honest and to treat others with basic human respect. I like to think that I succeed more often than not. I generally hold others accountable to their own standards. I have very little problem with differing moral standards, but hypocrisy drives me up the wall.

Do people trust you?
    That depends. I tend to be meticulously honest; when I lie it is almost always either to avoid conflict and/or to protect my privacy. I imagine my family probably doesn't trust me to follow through with things in a timely manner.

Absolutely. I'm more than able to keep secrets and I always eventually get around to doing the things that actually matter.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Respect, which reflects upon everything else, like a fundament.

Do people trust you?

Generally yes, people that get to know me surely do. Even though there's a lot of mystery to me, I'm always very open and honest, and can be asked any question. I'm also terrible at lying, which is pretty annoying sometimes as it sure wouldve come in handy at times running a business. But I believe I am incapable of doing so because trying to tell a lie just instantly disgusts myself, and I have severe difficulty bringing myself to do it. So, people that know me, know they can trust me.

Extremely. I'm even honest where some people wouldn't be. Truth may hurt, but I strongly believes everyone deserves to know all the facts concerning any situation. Even if it hurts. Not telling something because it may hurt another person is basicly disrespecting that person's ability to deal with it.

I however may be, and have been in the past, wrong about things occasionally. When it is pointed out to me and brought to my attention, I will focus a lot of energy on correcting that mistake. Again, a very trustworthy aspect, in my opinion.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I wouldn't know how to define morality, since there really is no right and wrong, for me. I do what seems and feels right and try to make sure my life doesn't have any negative impacts on anyone else...

Do people trust you? Oh yeah, people like to tell me everything about them and trust me with secrets etc.

Do you consider yourself trustworthy? hmm... i dunno I'm pretty deceitful, so I will stab someone in the back if it's for the "greater good" which can be a bit evil.

MBTI
    SEXY

The golden rule: Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you. That's all, nothing more and nothing less.

Do people trust you?
    I think so. I'm honest and fair to everybody, but my friends do know that I usually give back borrowed stuff later then the date we agreed upon. And that I'm a bit of a careless person, which can come off as irresponsible. But I do always account for my actions and make things right in the end.

Yeah, just not very reliable as to how and when things get done. I wouldn't hire myself as an accountant, for instance.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENXP

I'm a bit of an ENFP when it comes to morality, except I don't go around with a megaphone blurting it out.

I enjoy freedom. I encourage freedom. I like abstract art, democracy, and I listen to jazz. However, all three still have their flaws, and I'm decidedly critical when I feel like there's a need.

People don't trust me at all :p Neither do I find myself very trustworthy. There are some people I don't feel like letting down, though, they've contributed way too much to not give them a bit of warrant.

MBTI
    ENtj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    When I was around the age of 10, there was that tabletop game I wanted badly. It costed around $150 by that time.

Once my mum send me to the backery to get some bread and she gave me her banking card so that I can get the money before I buy the bread.

Well I got the money + the change I needed for my desired tabletop game. A few days later my dad asked me, if I had stolen money. I wasnt aware of banking statements by the time. I improvised and invented a story about a guy that forced me with a knife to get the money for him, while I was at the bank. I really made up a coherent story.

My very objective but morally inclined istp father, pretended to buy the story and took me to the police. There I should present it to an investigator. The hearing happened and I repeated my story. The investigator listened and then started asking question that I could not stand. To many gaps in my story, finally brought me to collapse and to admit I stole the money.

From that day on the relationship between my father and I should take years to recover. I guess I am pretty morally burned through the way I was raised
    Dude, that's something exactly like my father would do. Actually BOTH of my parents were "agents of the state." Um... what did for me was a loooong depressive bout that I tried to "fix" with Existentialism... the existentialism kinda put FARH! beneathe my ruminations. "Existentialism for DUMMIES" is the amazing book....