User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to?

Live and let live. Do unto to others. Those 2 phrases pretty much boil it down. I hold myself and others to this, although I know no human being is going to be 100% capable of always living up to it (or even close to it!), including me.

Do people trust you?

Sometimes. Personal friends and family trust me. Colleagues, fellow students etc., not sure.

Do you consider yourself trustworthy?

Mostly.

MBTI
    INTP

Christian (specifically, Reformed).

Do people trust you?

Some people trust me.

Yes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Brand? I don't believe I adhere to a brand or license of generalized morality. I used to be a secular humanist. Later, I realized the irony in that approach.

Do people trust you?

When appropriate, sure. The end result doesn't always legitimize the initial trust. Pretty similar to what others experience, I'll reckon.

Most certainly. Whether this pans to your advantage or mine is of secondary consequence.

MBTI
    NICE

Brand of morality? A brand like an i-pod or Nike trainers? Yes - spot on!

It is a human brand and *meaningless* to everything else - just like the Nike trainers are to bear.

It is employed because, in evolutionary terms, it is *useful*. Cooperation is integral to progress and without morality humans cannot cooperate.

I'm surprised the human race has got this far. /joke

Do people trust you?

The ones that know me do. Generally, I doubt it.

Absolutely. I derive no pleasure from pulling a fast one.

Do you trust others?

Generally no. I sit on the fence, watch the action and then decide. That said I don't distrust others as a first port of call.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Moral Stance:
    My system of morality is based almost entirely on the Golden Rule, which I came to rationally and logically. If my hands were full and I needed to open a door, I would appreciate if someone opened that door for me, so I do things like hold open doors for people who have their hands full.

If someone were to kill me or a family member because they thought it was O.K., well then I believe that I have the right to enact retribution by killing them. It's a bit primitive in some respects, but I also take into progressiveness in account of my moral stances e.g. examples where "morally questionable" arguments don't directly effect me.

If a member of society is reducing efficiency/harmonious function by killing other members, then that member should be removed, just as germs are killed in the body by white blood cells.

Do people trust you:
    I don't really see a reason for them distrusting me...unless if it comes to matters of connecting with them emotionally.

Do you trust yourself:
    To a certain extent, yes, but I'm a terrible procrastinator and can't get things done until the last minute (or past it.)
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTJ

I have sort of been playing around a little bit with morality. I am a nihilist in the sense I don't believe in universal morality, I just believe in human nature, and in that some behaviors will make you more happy than others. You can develop a morality based on what will make you happy. What will make you happy is not being a jerk though, just caring about yourself. It's rather the relationships to other people that are the foundation of our happiness. I think therefore the most important moral principle is to try to achieve the greatest amount of happiness for yourself and the people you care about. Secondly one should try to achieve the greatest amount of happiness for all people, because if you treat others as shit, that will negatively effect your relationships with those you care about.

Do people trust you?
    Those closest to me do.

Yes.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

Do people trust you?

I'm not particularly polite, but I'm a good person. I have friends who are "nicer," but I'm more loyal, more civil, more generous, and more forgiving.

I might not ask (or care) how their day went, but when they need something, I am always the one who comes through. Sometimes, I'm the only one.

It tends to take a while for people to figure this out ... that although I'm not the nice one, I am the good one.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

1. Judeo-Christianity.

2. Most do, from what I gather. But also some are scared.

3. I have a bit of a big mouth, but I won't do anything immoral. So.... ya win some, ya lose some.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm probably the most forgiving person I know...well, besides my parents... I might have moments where I lash out, causing the recipient to think that I dislike him/her, but really I'm over whatever was annoying me very quickly, the only problem is that I don't always communicate this- I have to be asked.

As far as morals... well, I've grown up in a Christian family, so I can understand that stance, but I can also understand... well, bending some of those for the purpose of advancement. I can be loyal to people I'm very close with, but my definitions of "close" can be manipulated to allow me to justify doing something some would call... not so loyal. Although, I am working on not being so prone to ignoring what others might consider mean/unfair/manipulative/etc.

Groups I'm a part of, through school or community, are more subject to observation and criticism than my allegiance. I have a tendency to agree with a person while hearing his/her argument (because at the time it might make sense), but later on I'll decide that I think the opposite and express this to another person or through a blog. Sometimes the conflicting views are contested and the person I initially "went along with" will claim betrayal... but I really don't understand this, especially since the initial conversation usually involved my listening and was more of an experiment... to see what it is like to think from that perspective.

anyway, many people who have known me for awhile jokingly (for the most part) say that they do not trust me (i'm still entertained by trickery/pranks). people who do not know me well trust me too easily. I think my rate of trust worthiness is dependent on the obvious factors: how well I know a person, how much I like a person, and the consequences of breaking that person's trust... basically.

I trust people who I've known for a considerably long time with almost everything. Those who I can easily escape from (online, in another country) I "trust" as long as that distance is maintained and as long as my address and/or phone number is never involved. While it may look like "trust", I am willing to tell certain people things about myself only because I want to say/type it all out (and typing/saying it on the outside allows for more to make sense/connections) and also because I don't really care what they think or what they pass on to other people because it really won't have any adverse effect on me.

Sometimes I can legitimately trust people I've known for a short amount of time, but that involves a separate set of explanations that I don't want to type out.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I stand on pretty shakey moral ground.
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa