First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Fi's actin up! Get the hose!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

When I was around the age of 10, there was that tabletop game I wanted badly. It costed around $150 by that time.

Once my mum send me to the backery to get some bread and she gave me her banking card so that I can get the money before I buy the bread.

Well I got the money + the change I needed for my desired tabletop game. A few days later my dad asked me, if I had stolen money. I wasnt aware of banking statements by the time. I improvised and invented a story about a guy that forced me with a knife to get the money for him, while I was at the bank. I really made up a coherent story.

My very objective but morally inclined istp father, pretended to buy the story and took me to the police. There I should present it to an investigator. The hearing happened and I repeated my story. The investigator listened and then started asking question that I could not stand. To many gaps in my story, finally brought me to collapse and to admit I stole the money.

From that day on the relationship between my father and I should take years to recover. I guess I am pretty morally burned through the way I was raised
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Wow, that's harsch.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yea, I learned much about moral through my father. The only problem I have today is, my father's SP moral is pretty all-or-nothing, do-it-or-die. My NF girlfriend wants to morally fine tune me nowadays sometime, so that I get rid of that Sylvester Stallone limited emotion-logic.

I by the way, feel pretty much gangbanged. But as long as there is music, beer + the switch to shut off your head, I let people talk

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to?
    I'm a Christian, so I hold myself to Christian morality. Specifically I try to live by the principle "love your neighbor as yourself". I only hold other people accountable to the law (and even then I usually let things slide unless they do something serious like kill someone).

Do people trust you?

Yes.

Do you consider yourself trustworthy?
    Yes.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to?

-I don't hold others accountable to anything. I have my own mishmash of values that I follow, some remnants of my Christian background, others I've come up with on my own.

Do people trust you?

-Yep, if anything, I suffer from being too honest, sharing things I shouldn't.

Do you consider yourself trustworthy?

-Yep, see above.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Generally, I look at it from a legal standpoint. If it's illegal, I don't do it because I am aware of the consequences. Or I am aware of undesirable consequences that are internal. That's what stops me from acting, because I can see all the consequences. And all consequences except for one are undesirable. My desired outcome in almost all situations is like striving for a hole in one. If I miss it, I'm doomed.

I'm all in favor of the "whatever works" approach, but I must also protect myself from the consequences. If I wanted to, I would have no guilt from observing the quirks of the rules and working to the objective that way.

But most of all, I want to find the most efficient way of reaching a goal, or somehow drawing the power to gather self-confidence -- in my case, that comes from making others feel worthless, but there again, I anticipate a certain reaction in my head (usually for someone to cry and feel weak), but the reaction I may actually get is lash of anger, which will then make me feel weak. Naturally, I must also work within the legal limits here, too.
    You should read about Kohlberg's Moral Stages of Development. I think you'd find it interesting.

Level 1 (Pre-Conventional)
    1. Obedience and punishment orientation
    (How can I avoid punishment?)
    2. Self-interest orientation
    (What's in it for me?)
    Level 2 (Conventional)
    3. Interpersonal accord and conformity
    (The good boy/good girl attitude)
    4. Authority and social-order maintaining orientation
    (Law and order morality)
    Level 3 (Post-Conventional)
    5. Social contract orientation
    6. Universal ethical principles
    (Principled conscience)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I believe in moral relativism - but only for myself, everyone else needs to obey the ruleZ OK?
    I don't think I've ever done anything immoral - my conscience is more of an asspain than the J-ist of Js.

People don't trust me - but that's because they're stupid and immoral. For some reason they think I'm too good to be true and I'm must be hiding some dark and dirty secrets. If I am, they are very well hidden.

I'm very unreliable, but totally trustworthy (thinks: is an untrustworthy person ever gonna put their hand up there?)
    I do lie quite shamelessly tho' - does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You peed in the pool, people dont like guys who pee in pools !

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You peed in the pool, people dont like guys who pee in pools !
    good job i'm not a guy then
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.