User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP

What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to?

Personally I find morality to be relative for any action you have an infinite number of situations where the action is acceptable and just as many where its not. I hold myself to a few core ideas. Being loyalty, honor, and integrity. For the most part I act in a live and let live manner. But life is a competition of will to exercise your will, you will step on another persons, the ideal goal being to exercise yours with a minimal impact on other people while accomplishing your goal. I hold others to this as well. Most actions can be found acceptable with the right circumstances. Though many seem to simply act in a manner contrary to what they believe or want to believe as well as what level of action the situation warrants . Which does lead to me to be rather negative about people as a whole. Being that I rarely find people are willing to stick to what they believe regardless of the action being positive or negative.

Do people trust you?
    Most people seem to trust me though some with suspicion as to why they can. I generally work with three circles. People who will get a minimum level until their actions increase or decrease that. Acquaintances who get a bit more either by their actions or the word of someone I consider family. Then the people I consider family trust me as far as their lives being that for them there is almost nothing I wont do for them no matter the personal cost. All people get pretty honest action from me as long as they in some way ask and are not working towards a goal that is contrary to something that I hold as a greater priority.

Do you consider yourself trustworthy?

Yes though reliability can be an issue depending on the situation ask me to help you move and I will probably be late but will honor what I said. Ask me take you to the doctor or pick you up when stuck in the middle of nowhere and I will be there hell I may even pull off being early. In whole while I often can find ends that justify the means I will not tread on the few values I have being that it would be worse then death to so.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 01-09-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Rephrasing

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I define morality via my conciencse. When I look back at my past, I have to have no bad concincse about anything and with that I mean major things like cheating on a girlfriend or letting a friend down. I felt and always feel deeply loyal and connected to people I thinbk I can trust, which has brought me into situations where I was too naive. Gladly I am not too dumb and was most often able to recognize people you cant trust.

People dont entrust me with shit. They think I am haphazardous, careless and even egoistical. I read once that this will be the perception you create of yourself being a Ne-dom. I try to counterreact to their perception by often emphasizing how I feel about a thing and by steering on a clear red line. For me as a NT much is motivated by the mind and the things I do I thought through. That does appear to more Feeler types as if I would calculate every action I take and it lets my real motivations seem unclear. They have a point there definitly, it takes time until I let people get to my own emotions at all, except the topic deals with things I feel strongly about. this kind of calculated approach tho is a strong antagonist to looking trustworthy, it has alienated my girlfriend quite often. I envy Feeler types for their coolness and clearness they have in their personality in that regards.

I wouldnt call myself the upholder or epitome to morality from birth on. I had from birth on no sense for morality and I had to develop it firstly. I am basically very oblivious to human feelings, not because I cant handle them but because I am troubled enough with my own already. Therefore the primary rule of my morales have always been "you cant serve two gods". That worked well with woman and well with circles of friends. The attitude to develop morales at all I had to learn the hard way. When a woman cheated on me, I learned by pain why they are important and since then I worked on them.

I have a strong morale nut at my site with my present girlfriend and I can still learn a lot from her. I dont know if I will stay morale forever in business for example, I tend to be smart there for my own nogood. But I am afraid of messing a thing up bigtime therefore I dont believe I would ever make a big deal.

By design tho, I have great potential for amorality. I could have easily went on a darker path in life. I think tho disregardless of what path I'ld have took, loyality would have been always an important thing to me.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7x8 sp
    Socionics
    ILE

The idea that there are universally set principles all man should abide by really disgust me. It's a pretty silly concept. My behavior is very much dependent on how I feel in a given situation.

Do people trust you?
    Probably not. I've never given anybody a particular reason not to, I'm just not the type who people seek out for things like that. My closest friends know that I wouldn't intentionally harm them, but they also know that we have differing standards of importance and that I'm not inclined to act selflessly when it comes to respecting the way they feel things ought to be handled.

Oh, absolutely not. I'm an immature, emotional retard.

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    My own.

Do people trust you?
    Not if I can help it. No, thats a lie. I trust people to be underhanded, duplicitous and act entirely out of self interest. So far that ideology hasnt set me wrong.

No. I take great pains to never be the object of someone's trust because its highly likely my own morals are in direct conflict with theirs. The result is that at some point they will request of me some action or inaction which is repugnant to me and I will have to disappoint them. I can live with breaking anothers trust but I cannot live with breaking my own. Above all things I must respect myself and I cannot do that if I allow myself to be manipulated by others.

My mantra is always....do not lay upon me the burden or your trust or your friendship. Neither are worth what they will cost me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I treat people like I would want to be treaten.

Do people trust you?

yes

yes
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to

Moral relativism, empathy+cooperation=treat others as you accept them to treat you
    Also known as the golden rule and many other names.
    I dont hold other ppl accountable to any brand of ethics as lobg as they are not dealing w me. Then it depends on what they want from me.

It s natural trend of mammalian social animals, morals shouldnt ho against humzn nature otherwise they are bound to fail in part or totality.

Do people trust you?

Some people trust me with their lives. Others dont.

My word is my bond.

yes
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Define morality in this context. What does it mean to be moral? Does morality as a concept exist objectively which is pretty much assumed when we speak of morality or is it simply an innate sense of right or wrong that we choose to simply adhere to for or own personal purposes?

As a whole, if I have to align myself with any specific system them perhaps somewhat Nietzschean and Crowleyan.

Do people trust you?
    No idea. I don't tend to trust people though, and I have no clue how this pertains to questions about morality.

Depends on what trustworthy means, and the context relations.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I place a lot of importance on honesty, fairness, and accountability. I think the world would be a better place if people were more honest with themselves and others, rather than emphasizing "perfect" value sets that ignores humans as they actually are. I'm usually willing to forgive someone for mistakes they've made if they can realize that they are mistakes, instead of hiding behind righteousness. I don't however, hold forgiveness to be a virtue in and of itself. Nor do I place a lot of stock on intentions. I rarely find myself ameliorated if someone "meant well."

Do people trust you?
    I think so. I have big, brown, puppydog eyes. People tend to assume I'm more innocent than I actually am, actually.

Yes, I value privacy, honesty, and sticking by my promises. I won't divulge secrets someone has told me, even if I know that there is no way they will ever find out.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP

I don't really believe in morality.

I generally do as I please.

However, I do deem some things wrong and ethical.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I hold myself accountable to traditional Christian morality; I don't expect other people outside my family to hold to any particular standard. I generally expect people to be decent, but not exceptionally good or bad.

Do people trust you?

I assume they do; I never really considered before. No one ever said they didn't trust me...

Yes; I've never betrayed anyone, or failed to do something I promised. But then, I rarely make promises... Maybe it would be different if I did.