User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 58

  1. #1
    Senior Member EnnisPreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    °Nt
    Posts
    151

    Default Can INTJs develop their Ne to be dominant?

    Or Si?

    I feel like I can see and choose from the unlimited amount of possibilities or potential of something, and I can pick one and see it long range like a sniper and exactly how to get there, set the goals, and execute.

    I see this as dominant Ne-Ni. Anybody else relate?
    The nature of my sine is 23.4 at best.

  2. #2
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    16,923

    Default

    Why would we want to do that?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes geedoenfj, Floki, Hard liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member EnnisPreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    °Nt
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Why would we want to do that?
    Just took various tests with the following stack:

    Ne | Ni | Te | Ti | Si | Fe | Se | Fi

    Or

    Ni | Ne | Ti | Se | Te | Fi | Si | Fe

    The insinuation is im utilizing both Ne and Ni dominantly, therefore creating either the INTJ or ENTP function stack as described by MBTI

    Can my true function stack simply be
    Intuition - Thinking - Sensing - Feeling ?
    But it must be:
    Inuition - Thinking - Feeling - Sensing

    Hmm..
    The nature of my sine is 23.4 at best.

  4. #4
    Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Why would we want to do that?

    Because Ne is so much more fun

    Si though... Eh, I'd pass on that.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes EnnisPreit, Abcdenfp liked this post

  5. #5
    Senior Member EnnisPreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    °Nt
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Because Ne is so much more fun

    Si though... Eh, I'd pass on that.
    It is more fun, but only if something physical will come of it, be that an object or accreditation
    The nature of my sine is 23.4 at best.

  6. #6
    Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnnisPreit View Post
    Or Si?

    I feel like I can see and choose from the unlimited amount of possibilities or potential of something, and I can pick one and see it long range like a sniper and exactly how to get there, set the goals, and execute.

    I see this as dominant Ne-Ni. Anybody else relate?

    There is a theory (don't quote me on this as my knowledge of it has so many holes in it, it puts Swiss Cheese to shame) that your use of functions does not go from 1-8 in terms of strength or use, such as in your case, Ne > Ti > Fe > Si > Ni > Te > Fi > Se, but instead, your shadow functions remain more or less in line and strength with your four functions, you just don't prefer or acknowledge those other functions. So as an Ne dom, your Ni would actually be quite good, but you don't see the use or benefit of it on a normal basis. I think! Hahaha again, I know something similar to this is out there, but don't quote me.


    As for explaining your example, perhaps you've just developed a very complimentary Ti to step in and stop the Ne process or better guide it I should say, and run with a focused plan of attack. With me, my Ne is still this uncontrollable source of energy that runs nonstop, but my Fi allows me to better direct and narrow the Ne, just a bit, so that I can ensure I stay on the path in life, right for me. It's changing the field of view on my camera lens to become more telephoto. Te then constructs the plans from there. Though, whether or not I actually stick to those plans, is if my Fi allows it
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Red Ribbon liked this post

  7. #7
    Senior Member EnnisPreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    °Nt
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    There is a theory (don't quote me on this as my knowledge of it has so many holes in it, it puts Swiss Cheese to shame) that your use of functions does not go from 1-8 in terms of strength or use, such as in your case, Ne > Ti > Fe > Si > Ni > Te > Fi > Se, but instead, your shadow functions remain more or less in line and strength with your four functions, you just don't prefer or acknowledge those other functions. So as an Ne dom, your Ni would actually be quite good, but you don't see the use or benefit of it on a normal basis. I think! Hahaha again, I know something similar to this is out there, but don't quote me.


    As for explaining your example, perhaps you've just developed a very complimentary Ti to step in and stop the Ne process or better guide it I should say, and run with a focused plan of attack. With me, my Ne is still this uncontrollable source of energy that runs nonstop, but my Fi allows me to better direct and narrow the Ne, just a bit, so that I can ensure I stay on the path in life, right for me. It's changing the field of view on my camera lens to become more telephoto. Te then constructs the plans from there. Though, whether or not I actually stick to those plans, is if my Fi allows it
    I see what you mean.
    As a child I was definetely more INTJ, gifted child, had friends my parents forced me to have but never really liked any of them.
    I excel specifically in math and science, but also art and music as well. I used to write songs for things like greek mythology or pi. Lol
    But then again I also scored in the 99th percentile for math and 97th for science.
    If this theory is correct Ive been developing them actively for the past 10 years.
    The nature of my sine is 23.4 at best.
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

  8. #8
    Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnnisPreit View Post
    I see what you mean.
    As a child I was definetely more INTJ, gifted child, had friends my parents forced me to have but never really liked any of them.
    I excel specifically in math and science, but also art and music as well. I used to write songs for things like greek mythology or pi. Lol
    But then again I also scored in the 99th percentile for math and 97th for science.
    If this theory is correct Ive been developing them actively for the past 10 years.
    If the theory is correct, it would explain why my Fe is strong and apparent. Though, I'm also So dom and an E2 so either of those things can pass as Fe in ways. But I basically grew up more as an INFP, constantly being shunned by my loved ones of how selfish I was. I didn't think I was at all, but I grew up forming habits to give to others and to be more sociable and outgoing to rid myself of that perception placed onto me. Boy, was it painful to be other than I am and for so long.


    But ya dude, from what I've seen of you so far, you seem ENTP. I really don't like to close the door on judgements made in anything I do, like ever, so I'll just say that I see 99.99% ENTP in you hahaha.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

  9. #9
    Senior Member EnnisPreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    °Nt
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    If the theory is correct, it would explain why my Fe is strong and apparent. Though, I'm also So dom and an E2 so either of those things can pass as Fe in ways. But I basically grew up more as an INFP, constantly being shunned by my loved ones of how selfish I was. I didn't think I was at all, but I grew up forming habits to give to others and to be more sociable and outgoing to rid myself of that perception placed onto me. Boy, was it painful to be other than I am and for so long.


    But ya dude, from what I've seen of you so far, you seem ENTP. I really don't like to close the door on judgements made in anything I do, like ever, so I'll just say that I see 99.99% ENTP in you hahaha.
    How does one equate my comments to "ENTPness"?
    My highest scoring function is either Ni or Ne. I can only relate to the Ne part of an ENTP. I relate most to an ENTJ like INTJ with ENTP 'Ne'ness.
    The nature of my sine is 23.4 at best.

  10. #10
    Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnnisPreit View Post
    How does one equate my comments to "ENTPness"?
    My highest scoring function is either Ni or Ne. I can only relate to the Ne part of an ENTP. I relate most to an ENTJ like INTJ with ENTP 'Ne'ness.
    A good part of me is typing you through your artwork. The thought process behind it is quite evident. I could TOTALLY be wrong in my read of your artwork though lol. But I tend to see the "whole" of a person, then form my thoughts from there (not specifically speaking typing people), so the posts I've seen from you, how we've interacted, your artwork, your intro description.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO