• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Can INTJs develop their Ne to be dominant?

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then I'm certainly not ENTP. And I do realize they are completely separate functions, that's my point. ENTP Ne Ti Fe Si - Ni Te Fi Se INTJ Intuition - Thinking - Feeling -Sensing Maybe since I'm an ambivert I have these advantages.
No, to both of your questions/assumptions in this thread.
No you can't be an INTJ with dominant Ne, because even if it was possible to develop Ne to become your dominant function instead of Ni, the moment you'd do that you'd stop being an INTJ, because like another member said you'd no longer fit the definition of an INTJ.
Also, no according to this system you cannot be an ambivert. Why? Because introversion and extroversion in this system refer to your dominant function, not how introverted or extroverted you are socially. To clarify further, if your dominant function is an introverted function: you're an introvert. If you're dominant function is an extroverted function: you're an extrovert. Simple as that. If your dominant function is Ni, then you're either an INTJ or an INFJ. If your dominant function is Ne you're either an ENTP or an ENFP. Case closed.
Now if you wanna create another system that's another thing entirely, within this one what you suggest it's just not possible.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it is very difficult to test Ne vs Ni. In theory is shouldnt be possible to make something a dominant function that isnt in your top 4

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think it is very difficult to test Ne vs Ni. In theory is shouldnt be possible to make something a dominant function that isnt in your top 4

Yes, but you can test Si vs Se.
Ne-Si is reclusive mind which works strategic with known data and explore new data. Slow brain. :matrix:
Ni-Se is strength mind which works strategic with data which will come and improvise data as they come. Fast brain. :pedantic:

Ti-Fe is analytic mind which works as mathematical equation like "if I do something for you, I have to get something from you." or world or... :wtf:
Te-Fi is productive mind which works like statistic graph "Be always kind because people will be probably mean to you whatever you do." And then Te... :overreact:

So it very simple but only if you know how your mind operate. Do you improvise things when you get stack and there is no way out so it is final solution to act quickly in perfect moment ? Ni-Se? Or you are leisure type who wants to try as many things to get various knowledge and experience, choose the best and then implement order in the system. Ne-Si?

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, but you can test Si vs Se.
Ne-Si is reclusive mind which works strategic with known data and explore new data. Slow brain. :matrix:
Ni-Se is strength mind which works strategic with data which will come and improvise data as they come. Fast brain. :pedantic:

Ti-Fe is analytic mind which works as mathematical equation like "if I do something for you, I have to get something from you." or world or... :wtf:
Te-Fi is productive mind which works like statistic graph "Be always kind because people will be probably mean to you whatever you do." And then Te... :overreact:

So it very simple but only if you know how your mind operate. Do you improvise things when you get stack and there is no way out so it is final solution to act quickly in perfect moment ? Ni-Se? Or you are leisure type who wants to try as many things to get various knowledge and experience, choose the best and then implement order in the system. Ne-Si?

Ne-Si slow brain?

Can speed even be attributed to functions?

If you're looking at it from Ni-Se perspective, it would appear that Ne-Si operates slower since you're subjecting the thinking process to Te criteria.

You can call Ne-Si slow in the sense that it's reluctant in coming to conclusions without sufficient data i.e jumping to conclusions closes the door for possibilities, at the same time leaving it open for inaccuracies to occur.

Ni-Te Fast brain?

Ni-Te it's still hooked on one single idea, while Ne-Si has already considered multiple ideas and moved on to the next one.

So it's a matter of perspective and it's dependent on the criteria you use to formulate the judgment, whether you focus/place value more on the process or the result, if the first then Ne-Si would appear faster, if the latter then Ni-Te would appear faster.

Great visual representations though. :cheers:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ne-Si slow brain?

Can speed even be attributed to functions?

If you're looking at it from Ni-Se perspective, it would appear that Ne-Si operates slower since you're subjecting the thinking process to Te criteria.

You can call Ne-Si slow in the sense that it's reluctant in coming to conclusions without sufficient data i.e jumping to conclusions closes the door for possibilities, at the same time leaving it open for inaccuracies to occur.

Ni-Te Fast brain?

Ni-Te it's still hooked on one single idea, while Ne-Si has already considered multiple ideas and moved on to the next one.

So it's a matter of perspective and it's dependent on the criteria you use to formulate the judgment, whether you focus/place value more on the process or the result, if the first then Ne-Si would appear faster, if the latter then Ni-Te would appear faster.

Great visual representations though. :cheers:

Yes. Cuz Ne-Si need too much data to act propetly which result grate precison but trough pain of self-exploration or outdated values which is no varifed for all humans. Ne-Si need time to do stuff, to act in true manner and this is why it is slow brain. It is recursive functions which do one thing over and over again. And what is worst even when all is gone they still back in dark corners of their pain and cannot get over it. Not completly cuy this is the way how they are growing. They actually fear next mistake so they use some tactics to bypass it. :cry:

On the another hand Ni-Se, oh boy, need too little data to act propetly which is result a person who know what to do or renegade who does things just cuz they think or feel is right to do in this moment. Ni-Se has no problem with detalls they right now or know too much or know particulary nothing about soomeone or something and yet they do as they actually all know. SO HIT In the walla again! In the wall again! And again! They suppose the wall will be broken if they push harder... :shock:

ESFP possess fastest action brain while INTJ possess fastest strategic brain. :)

I mean ALL Ne-Si-is and Ni-Se-is. ;)

Thanks. :cheers: